Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arenas (dueling system)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nugsbunny, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Nugsbunny

Nugsbunny Windlord
    Loyal Legend

I played Gloria Victis for a bit and their arena "Duel System" seems pretty cool and i think it could work in RoA. If you have played it before you know what im talking about already. If not ill explain!

Under their mini map they have 2 buttons for the dueling/Arena. You click on the duel button it searches for anyone else who is looking for a duel. teleports both players to a small area that they cannot leave for a 1v1 fight. Its also in a spot that other players cant get to so that duels cant be interrupted. With their system you dont lose any gear or anything if you die in the duel/arena area, but maybe with RoA you could click a button for full loot duels or not? Also the "duel" system when used gives you xp and ranking points. (more for winning less for losing) doesnt have to give anything to anyone in RoA but maybe just ranking points? If you beat someone higher on the ranking system you gain more points and they lose more, whereas if you are lower and lose to the higher ranked player you lose less and they gain less because of your standing. I think RoA could for sure do something like this. even implement 2v2's 3v3's 4v4's etc

Their Arena button takes you to a big flat area that anyone can go into with your group or without and you pretty much just fight til the death and upon dying you respawn right next to it so you can run right back in. IMO this feature is not needed because clans already do a bunch of this in their respective holdings.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  2. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Special skins and other "point" systems could be added instead of full loot if people think that would discourage too many people from dueling

3. Nugsbunny

Nugsbunny Windlord
    Loyal Legend

Yeah imo for the duels you would either click full loot or no loot. Special skins and whatnot would be dope for people at the top of the leaderboards at then end of a "season" or ranking/ladder reset.

4. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

This game desperately needs some sort of arena system for solo/group fights. Me and my buddy have been roaming the map for days looking for pvp and we only ever get solos at mob spawns. Villages are to dangerous because of huge groups so we just waste hours roaming without much luck. The combat is great in this game, I would love to just que into fair fights over and over again, I swear I would no life this game if I could.

5. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Yea weve wanted this for awhile now. Gotta buy more supporter packs lets go

Sameog likes this.
  6. Degamra

Degamra Winterbound
    Hero

i think that'd be fun. but not sure it should be 24/7 as that would dilute the rest of the game way too much. arena should go live for an hour every 3 hours or something

7. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

I think the game is diluted enough already. Me and my friend have spent the past few days hopping cities and the big spawns and have had like 10 mins total of fun. People feel lag and run from the spawns, people in cities degear when me and my buddy hit system. The super active clans cannot be touched because they have superior numbers, and players out of our league. Even playing with a larger group its hard to find fights, and once you do it usually boils down to who brought more people.

This is just my experience, but the game needs some better way to find fun fair fights without investing hours of time. Maybe increase durability loss in the arena and not have it full loot so that people still go out in the world, but it should be open 24/7 and be extremely accessible.

8. Degamra

Degamra Winterbound
    Hero

darkfall's open world combat
    isn't that all just darkfall though? no need to ruin the games entirety for some carebear ass perfect fights all day everyday. the political landscapes changes time to time, and the open world is always random, thats the point. i really like the arena idea, but too much of anything is no good.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Lets play a game. It's called Choose your own Adventure!

You're a player in Darkfall, looking for a fun fight, ready to have some fun with the 100k gear bag you just farmed. Where do you go?

10. Yomi Scythetalon

Not a wager with you thats fo sho

11. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

The reality is this game/world was designed for thousands of players, not hundreds. Also 80% of the mobs in the game are useless since most players are maxed and use high quality gear. So you have a massive barren wasteland of a map with a couple hundred players teleporting to hotspots. Its near impossible to find fights, and when you do it’s typically numbers that dictate the outcome, which isn’t fun for anyone really. If roaming around for 5 hours to the sound of ambience is darkfall then I might unsub and go play euro truck simulator.

I dont know what you mean by “carebare ass perfect fights”. The game has a competitive community which makes the game feel high stakes and fun, id say embrace it and let people have the OPTION to have a fair fight once in a while.

Mea Kulpa, WithoutShame, Sero and 3 others like this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Perhaps... Open world roaming?

Congratulations! You found Insert top tier player name here. You get dumpstered in 9 seconds flat. Thanks for farming his gearbag for him... bitch!

Play again?....

Perhaps dueling?

After the 1000th meaningless rez in friendly duels, you get bored of accomplishing and working towards no tangible reward, and decide to log off and find something else to play!

How about another scenario?

You're a new player and want to go have some fun in the Arena! Where do you go?

Perhaps farming?

Congratulations! After killing the 1000th cairn giant, and after getting jumped 27 different times while FARMING your gear FOR THE ARENA, your character is finally ready and with some new bags! You have a lot of fun breaking those bags in the arena! Your elo is not where you think it is, so... YOU DECIDE TO GO OUT FARM FOR MORE GEAR TO CONTINUE YOUR GOAL OF CLIMBING THE RANKS. However, your clan has recently got SIEGED at one of your most valuable holdings that enables you to create your bags and wealth, so you must take some time to DEFEND YOUR HOLDING.

I've had this discussion so many times. It's almost like talking to korag again, IE: You'd be better off talking to the wall behind your monitor right now.

Shit like this is only fun for so long, were practically still playing the same game from 9 years ago. We need new froniters, new dynamics and new content. An Arena is just ONE of the MANY things to do in an MMORPG.

13. Yomi Scythetalon

You ever yell at me like that again I will literally pee on the carpet.

14. turk0lu

turk0lu Gravelord

make it fortnite

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Battle Royales need death.

DEATH, turk.

FUCKING DEATH.
    --- Post updated ---
    How about another one?

You're a player who doesn't enjoy the Arena. What do you do?

How about:

- Siege a clan for a VALUABLE holding
    - Farm some mobs, play the market, and create wealth
    - Roam around and look for players farming
    - Do a trade route

You wanna know whats in game? Everything on that list (Except the valuable part of holdings)
    You wanna know whats not in game? A fucking arena.

16. Yomi Scythetalon

I feel ya dawg, theres nothing more I want than to have ranked arenas so everyone knows I'm better than you :3

Nugsbunny and Sero like this.
  17. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

I've been begging for arenas since dfo, hopefully they turn out really well.