Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Auto Logout if player hasn’t moved in 2 minutes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Red King, Apr 22, 2019.

1. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

What's everyone’s thoughts on the game auto logging you out if you haven’t moved your mouse or character for two minutes to help with all the naked alt cameras at all champs / major hot spots?

2. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Just playing devils advocate here.....
    But wasn't the whole point of hot spots and champions that they would be heavily contested?

I know they aren't really worth it if you have to fight over them. Hell I don't think they are even worth the amount of clicks and tedium even if completely unopposed.

Sameog likes this.
  3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I rather have an anti-bot system that pops-up as a whisper(chat) every once in a while: something as simple as 1+1. With no answers, you get kicked-off. some korean games have that.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

2 min is too little

5. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

The only real way to play Darkfall is to hide somewhere, tab out, and do something else while listening for people. If I auto logged out I’d never play again.

6. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

The game just needs to make it so you can't multi-box. If you wanna swap characters go ahead but log off and log on the new 1. Yeah tryhards who put the game on their laptop could still abuse the system but this would fix the majority of the issue.

Isaac Clarke and NonFactor like this.
  7. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Yea I am conflicted. I mean everyone has jumped people at spawns and its what makes Darkfall great. I just feel its lame to have an alt sitting at every champion spawn just waiting to jump you at one hit. If you actively search the champs and find people doing them, cool. Just not free alts that sit at each champ spawn I feel is lame.

8. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I might be on board if this was implemented for free accounts but definitely not for paid accounts.

9. The Red King

Loyal Legend

I think that is the perfect solution - paid accounts don't auto log out after X amount of minutes of no movement.

PENETRATOR likes this.
  10. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

11. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Curious if this is achievable from a client side perspective, like can a windows application have a single instance mode. I'm sure the login servers could do something IP based but idk how that would pan out (families playing, etc).

I do feel like this was the original vision of Darkfall, and many other MMOs from this era. The monthly subscription model used by most early MMOs raised the bar of entry to alt-city. Lot of games even had single character slots per server. Freemium is a bit of a double edged sword in that regard.