Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Begone/Come Hither must stay directionally North & East

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by RootedOak, May 10, 2016.

1. Exodus

Exodus Deadeye

I agree lets make these changes and more:
    Melee swings only go directly up or directly down.
    Magma only works if u are facing west with your back to the enemy in the east and they are crouched.
    Rays can only be cast while you are taking damage from Needles.
    Water Magic only works in tiles that have water.
    Air Magic only works when you are mid air.
    Earth Magic only works when you are crouched
    Fire Magic only works when it isn't raining and in tiles that have no water.
    Necromancy only works when a member of your clan deletes their character in the last 5 minutes.
    Arcane only works if you have a member of your party has died in the last 60 seconds.

2. EvilYeti

EvilYeti Goblin Scout

Brilliant

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Increase all mounts to the same speed necessary for mounted combat anyway as bluetails messed it up

Increase boat speed

Come hither and begone should work in all directions equally POSSIBLY adjust magnitude

Fall damage should be capped at 45 or 60

end of discussion

#23 Battle Smurf, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Action_Jackson and Featherbeans like this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The only purpose changing Begone to work in all directions has is to lower the skill ceiling. I mean I guess if that's what we want to bring in more people.

5. Soarlozer

Soarlozer Goblin Warrior

But if we make it terrible in all directions that would increase the skill ceiling too or nah?

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You mean just remove both B/CH? I mean yea that would leave battle spike hops, Shrapnel, Fireball and Magma. Certainly would be harder to not kill yourself on spell damage. A nerf to small groups and solo play.

Troy likes this.
  7. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

What exactly is skillful about only coming from the north east to ensure you have an advantage? This reminds me of people arguing group comp was a skill in UW.

8. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

This is why when alone vs many i go to the closest hilltop, spawn my battlehorn and BH Bhop the fuck outta there, in any direction.
    Battlehorn Airlines!

9. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Come hither should not be directional, its a really annoying aspect of fights that if you are on the wrong side you can take a 130 damage hit that is unparry-able (magma + come hither). Sure we can argue that it forces positioning, but overall its just dumb that it works that way. Come hither should also be resisted if you parry it.

Begone however is fine going North/east. It give predictability to how people will try to run and provides a soft nerf to bunnyhopping. If you remove that aspect of it you give bunnyhopping a massive buff. Being able to begone any direction removes any predictability to escapes and means running will be too easy.

10. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Bunny hopping is skillful.

Bunny hopping with Begone N and E takes a low amount of skill.

Bunny hopping with or without Begone S and W takes more skill.
    _____
    Bunny hopping S and W is more skillful than bunny hopping N and E

Take away the directional aspect and the skill ceiling of bunny hopping is lowered.

Not accounting for any of the change in direction between N/E and S/W. Which is a significant tactic to gain distance.

#30 RootedOak, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
  11. Dwaynejohnson

Dwaynejohnson Goblin Warrior

gayy, beargrim new tolbin

Battle Smurf likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

It needs to work in all directions. Im sorry, it just has to. It's ludicrous that fights are determined more so on direction then terrain/obstacles, and we don't even need to talk about how OP come hither is.

That being said, the magnitude on begone needs to be substantially lowered, as well as come hither. If the changes are not satisfactory, mount speed should be increased.

None of this overreacting nerf bunny hopping into oblivion crap.

Exodus likes this.
  13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I don't know if I would call bunny hopping in any direction low skill when the majority of the community cant do it well in any direction. It might not seem high skill to us, but we aren't the average player by any means. There are also plenty of other ways to get back the skill ceiling with begone by narrowing the window in which it pulls/pushes without having it relying on any directional mechanic if it is found to be lacking in that regard.

The biggest problem with the directional of begone and come hither is that they are completely exclusive. So you get the full advantage and your opponents get none of it. This is due to it being north/east. If it was north/south or east/west it wouldn't be nearly as big an issue while still being directional because it would be a mutual advantage or disadvantage as opposed to the current only attack from NE to get all advantages or avoid fighting altogether. I wonder if they could make it that way, would be interesting to see how it would work out.

14. digitalbullet

digitalbullet Goblin Shaman

I hope they make come hither usable in all directions, also adding a feather buff to the effected target would be nice. Maybe takes reduced or no fall dmg for 2~ seconds. Would still be good both offensively and defensively just wouldn't be OP

15. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

I understand why you want it to stay but really it does need to change.

This is a fairly large disadvantage to anyone who owns a city or feels the need to defend a certain location. As the enemy can choose which way they approach. Defenders should have the advantage or at least equal opporunities.

This game is about skill. I dislike any game mechanic that screws you without a viable method to work around. If you ambush someone from the right direction and they flee the wrong way... The chances of survival are much lower all because of a spell not glitching equal amounts in all directions. (Begone was never suppose to be used like it is)

I think it should work in all directions and the effect should be about half of what it is for come hither and begone. Still useful and takes skill but no rocket man unless you nail it perfect with wof and everything.

16. Corpus Callosum

Corpus Callosum Goblin Warrior

lol i was thinking about making this exact same kind of post, but didn't wanna spend the time.
    thanks for that.

these advancements would put the situational awareness and skill ceiling through the roof!
    so NATURALLY everybody would support these ideas!

TRUE DEPTH right there!

17. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Hate to say it but scrubby is right... Fix (nerf) come hither. Instead of the crazy slingshot that lifts you slightly and pitches you towards the caster (north or east) you get at lvl75, maybe just make it do the same affect as being melee-knockbacked from the opposite direction?

But leave begone alone.

#37 Lexendros, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  18. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

fix begone/come hither to work in all directions

make fall damage kill

reduce fall damage cap to +/- 40 (each jump being about average hit)

if you have no hp you shouldn't be able to keep jumping, it really is as simple as that :S

19. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

20. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Made the suggestion in another thread some where but what if CH only worked on some ones back..full magnitude same spell but only effects person being pulled if u hit them in the back.
    Up on a wall no problem just make sure ur facing opponent. Awards skillful game play on both sides.

As for begone I don't know

Shrugs.....

Volfen and zander like this.