Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

best player in df1

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Awesomefusion, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I knew before I opened thread....

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Geben

Geben Goblin Scout

Frogtide or Aetoras Greeklord

Toothfairy, GrimmyB and Finnad like this.
  3. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

The best hackers out there were the ones that do it so subtlety that no one notices it. Slight changing of item stats, radar, and etc. Those were the worse kind of hackers and those are the ones that manage to put up a front about their amazing playmanship all while down talking others.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  4. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

So what you are saying is...the best players in darkfall are those that arent named?

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

some ppl are saying that recently.

any concrete stuff about or just talk?

6. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I think all that Spades is alluding to, is that some hackers that are smart about it may be much more difficult to detect than others but are still gaining some kind of advantage. He may not be referring to anyone specifically or if he is I certainly wouldn't be the one to know about it. But in a game like this it certainly could benefit someone who has the skills to hack the system to gain an advantage and potentially dominate the game.

I'm not the smartest crayon in the knife drawer but I think it's a legitimate concern and hopefully BPG has a good answer to it.

7. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Prett
    Yes and no on that, I am inferring what you said above, but there are examples. Dolphin riders magma bomb then WOF'ing the guy and trapping him LITERALLY in mid air, then proceeding to ray him down WHILE inside the WOF (that he even showed in a video). We tried to replicate this with a Q5 enchant cobra, Q5 enchant BB, surging spell hasten, and we were NEVER able to replicate this, we even WENT TO THE EXACT here where the vid took place and still were not able to pull it off.

If someone was able to cast a spell .5 seconds faster than someone else, would anyone here really notice? If someones sword did 2 more points of damage, would anyone really notice? It's only when you do xml changes (or whatever format) ever so slightly that it flies under the radar.

Also, almost the entire clan, the name completely leaves me right now (it's been a long time), that got caught modifying their physical armor stats? Trixie Puddles who played with them also all confirmed this.

It is close to impossible to really ascertain "who cheats", and "who doesn't", the DF community is very quick to forget and/or forgive the hackers of the past due to AV's complete incompetence in detected and correctly banning people.

#307 SenseiSpades, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  8. vrakk

vrakk Goblin Scout

VRAKK ATTACK

kichu, marcus, Neilk and 3 others like this.
  9. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

That was Dolphin not huggies.

10. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Ur right like i said, its been forever, i just thought elf.

11. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

fuck these e-criminals

Fengor likes this.
  12. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

so many deluded people here.

13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Well although I remember people doing that towards the end of the game, the clan that got busted doing it was the gentlemen. Umberto busted em.
    Dolphin was actually in kimoshus clan (the green text andrew guy)

14. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Ya, I'm pretty sure Dolphin was in many clans, I generalize the gentlemen due to the fact that I don't know individual names of the people and from my understanding of how it went down, many of them used it unabashedly so much to the point that it became obvious due. Overall point I was trying to make was that how many hacks go unnoticed due to the users of said modifications to the game client are set so low that they remain relatively unnoticed.

15. ticytictoc

ticytictoc Goblin Warlord

obviously Mire Koss
    I mean did you see that one time I got stuck on a ledge with eye rot in my eye.
    or when I got killed on a mount without even trying.

16. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

I was #1, ask Luck about our fights. pce kids

17. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

There are also way too many false accusations, this kind of stuff just spreads false information and turns people off from the game. There has been VERY little proof of hacking outside of the two situations you listed with Gentlemen and Dolphin (Later on the in the game hacking was rampant at some point) and even less ACTUAL evidence. I'm not defending anyone that hacks or hacked btw. I'd just like to try to put an end to all of this false belief that there are SO MANY people out there cheating, and it's all top players.

Most of the people that got banned in DFUW for hacking were random players. I'm using DFUW as an example because that's the only place that lists 100% why a user was banned. Anyways they probably read posts like yours or had guild leaders with the same mentality that you do, and said to themselves "hmm spades said these guys cheat and if they get away with it I can too!" and then they end up banned.

In before private hack conspiracy.

breakqop and Fengor like this.
  18. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

No matter the name, no matter the game. Top players will always be accused of cheating, look at any competitive FPS and you'll find people calling out professionals for hacking. Some people will never get to that level of play so they convince themselves it has to be cheats.

19. Australian

Australian Crypt Guard
    Supporter

Using CS GO as an example for a game where most cheat accusations at a high level are false is simply ridiculous. CS GO mm at LEM+ has obvious cheaters in every third game. In regards to "semi-professional play", cybergamer in Australia has many amazing players online who are all using deadc0de/eac bypasses who suck at lan. Even the very top level of play in CS GO is full of cheaters, with players like flusha and snax having prevous cheating bans in 1.6 and flusha doing moves which would result in demo review bans back in 1.6. While people like to dismiss examples of Flusha's blatant cheating as angle preaiming or address the accusers as "silvers with no gamesense", the fact many pros openly questioned his actions and the majority of people who have played CS for 5+ years think he is guilty speaks for itself.

In regards to DF cheating, while some CE 120% speed hack is believable, surely no element of gear/ stats is client side and such editable.

Finnad likes this.
  20. Naj

Naj Goblin Shaman
    Legend

A lot of top players did cheat with injected auto bh though.
    NA guy made it and mostly used on NA, but was shared with few EU players also.

#320 Naj, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.