Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

best player in df1

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Awesomefusion, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

I think people have a hard time grasping the fact that winning duels doesnt make someone a good player, making sure you win as a team is what makes you a good and valuable player.

Sense of teamwork, attitude, leadership qualities, situational awareness and such qualities is what define a good player.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. k3bs

k3bs Goblin Warrior

Lets be honest, there is no forum epeen in having good attitude and teamwork for an individual, however if you can go out and smash someone in a 1v1 then get rekt bro.

3. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

Very true, but 1v1 is very easy to discern a clear winner :D

Fengor likes this.
  4. ThunderThighs

ThunderThighs Deadeye

break qop was the best player in the game

breakqop likes this.
  5. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

6. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

You sound super zergy to me... im a solo banger if you can't murder someone 1 v 1 then you don't deserve their loots.

7. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

It you cannot preform decent 1v1, then i assure you you won't do well in group fights. The best 1v1 players the best group players? No but it most definitely does give a good gauge of the players skills.

8. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

Yep, there is a difference between Forum Posts and ingame behaviour. For some reason i never had any Problems to enter any clan i want or any TS i want and i am pretty sure i might not be the best dueler on EU ^^

9. Ron Paul

Ron Paul Deadeye

I'd put money on Xzyzz zyXz and some of the early Afghan players in a teamfight over 95% of the players and the squads they ran with mentioned in this thread.

Sure I see some standout players who shined from EU launch to the close of NA but not many. A lot of the mentioned names just seem to be players who were big fish in a very small pond far after the population dwindled to hundreds not thousands of players.

No amount of 1v1 prowess can emulate a running battle of 10-40 allies against 50-200+ as was experienced time and time again in the early days of the game.

Cheers though! Here's to hoping for a healthy population once again.

10. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

I have a feeling Darkfall might not be a game for you. 1v1 will almost never happen unless its a presetup duel.

I suggest trying out a pure FPS game wich has 1v1 maps.

11. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

this is also true.. good 1v1 skills show great game mechanics and for most they carry through in a similar way to team fights

of course you also have to have more awareness, know how to use your spec and position properly, occupy multiple enemies, peel etc.

12. k3bs

k3bs Goblin Warrior

However most of them standout players are very good in large scale battles because they will literally kill 10+ alone with just melee in the chaos...

13. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

The days of having a huge character advantage and cycling r90s are a pretty worthless guage of skill

breakqop likes this.
  14. Ron Paul

Ron Paul Deadeye

A character advantage for who? At the time of the Afghan vs Death war the amount of grinded characters was nearly equal. Afghan may have had more r90's per character grinded and more hardcore players but everyone had r90's. Death had more casual players so a larger but weaker overall force. LOD had around 2 1/2 groups of grinded characters, Sinister had around 2 groups, and WMD had around a group and a half. I'd say from the end of WW1 until the launch of the NA server the tactical large scale battles that were fought surpassed those fought before or after. There were very few if any massive barrages of r 90's in these fights because a majority of the time these fights lasted an hour or more with small skirmishes before a final engage when a force overextended or made a tactical positional error.

Take a look at most of darkfall videos from 2010+ its loading 90's and launching them at the same time followed by WOF's in battles that consisted of 30 vs 30. seriously "load 90's, toxic rain, wof load 90's"

The best players in darkfall were those who could run and coordinate hundreds of players across 1/3rd of the map. Hands down. I hope that happens again this time around cause it's some of the best pvp I've experienced in any game.

15. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

My mistake then - I didn't play til post r90 era and from most videos it looked exclusively like developed chars dumping on casuals

16. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

It was.

But then you could just agrue that as the 'population dwindled' the character progression gap also 'dwindled' ... therefore these players could no longer shit on large groups of players with their beefy chars - just as finnad said. Tbh the Meta between team fights during the Afghan days compared to the end of Darkfall was completely different.

So this:

I think is complete BS. The only truth to that sentence is Xz staying a top player from beginning till end.

I will agree there was more to being a top player than just being good at duels. Knowing how to constantly reset fights and abuse your terrain was one of them - Pure and Luck were very good at this.

Being a great team player with 360 vision of a battle, supporting your team mates and not just going hell mary tunnel vision on one player in a 100 v 100. SirTL KYE, Neurotic Impulse, Ostara spring to mind as being an amazing team players. There are other aspects but yeah, generally the top duelers would also be rolling with other top players and they would be tough teams to take down.

Shout out to my boy Fin. 2 v 2 Champs forever and always!!!!!! haha

#116 Kal VenoM, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    breakqop likes this.
  17. k3bs

k3bs Goblin Warrior

Yeah it was lol, however i too did enjoy that part of the game also.

18. Ron Paul

Ron Paul Deadeye

Of course video's are often bias, they represent an aspect of propaganda more then a true representation of a fight. Most videos aren't going to showcase losses and exist to show the creators of the videos as superior.

Take this video for example.

You see some movement, a few small fights, a comment about bonesin being killed then a comment about wiping the enemy force. What the video failed to show or comment on was the fact that the merc forces were destroyed prior to this scene and after this video ends.

It also failed to talk about the joint attack on sunthrone and lod's cities by the mercs and the sun/cairn alliance. The rallying of forces outside the city the pushback and recapture of sunthrone while LOD fought off their own asset destruction on niff. The massive water battles or the give and take for hours on end on the mountains of the dwarven area.

Its a 9 minute video that represents nearly 5 hours of fighting. Until I see or experience some of these players lead hundreds of players across multiple fronts my opinion still stands.

19. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

good 1v1 players often were good in team fights but many people would just tunnel-vision on one player making your whole team a 1 man army not doing anything together, so great that you kill 1 guy while the other 5 in your party die, GG

trading melee hits usually got you and your team rekt if the other worked together better.

20. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Eh, I don't really know what this video proves. The Mercs were notorious for exploiting/macroing/duping to have massive character advantages over pretty much everyone...

I mean you're talking about leadership qualities, I'm generally talking about 1 v 1 skill. So I guess we can just like, agree to disagree or something? =p

Ron Paul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.