Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

best player in df1

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Awesomefusion, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3bs

k3bs Goblin Warrior

Disagree, i would rather have the top 5 1v1's/duelers whatever you want to call them alongside me rather then a mix of half decent people, or a person that according to this thread can hit 3 out of 10 sacrifices so that makes him a top player.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. k3bs

k3bs Goblin Warrior

Pretty much every top player i played with / knew was also a top group player also.

3. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

No top tier players were shit in group fights, it just doesn't work. The game knowledge you needed to have to be top tier translated into group combat, you could be slightly better at dueling or group fighting but only minor differences.
    I like that Xz has answered this as a clan leader, his answer reflects the most value to the clan, as opposed to just pvpers.
    Best individual player could be anyone of that general shortlist on any given day (ed lad, finnad, fusion, xz, dante, kal, pure, etc).
    Snailparty guys stand out to me as best group fighting (marcus, seppo, rauno, vrakk, etc), although i'd say my little group, zagenda, the right sun members all could have their moments.
    In terms of leadership and effect on the server the best leaders would be Xz and Frank, maybe Kokane. Others like majehol? (been awhile since i typed that name) & Wolfen Silva solidly kept their clans together for a long time but I don't feel they had impacts by themselves - thats not the question that was asked but thats sort of where the thread is going.
    Also my answers completely EU based because I know fuck all about NA

k3bs likes this.
  4. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

Really tilting when people keep calling kal good

Toothfairy and k3bs like this.
  5. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Love u asgrim b xxxx

GrimmyB likes this.
  6. Kal VenoM

Kal VenoM Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Hey fuck you Liam! Asgrim was the only one calling me good and hes just trying to make me feel better cunt features!

Lahmage likes this.
  7. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

luv u m8

8. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

You could be strong 1v1 but not a great group player.

You could not be a great group player unless you were strong 1v1.

The 1v1 skills were the foundation. Without that foundation, ultimately you were a weight to be carried in a group.

Heard many times "I am not good 1v1, but I am a good group player". BS.

breakqop and k3bs like this.
  9. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

LOL please darkfalls not for me... silly kid I invented darkfall. I also learned how to deal with your zerging kind long ago.

10. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Could not be a great group player i'd agree, but a group could be greater than the sum of its parts. I tended towards support-esq play in group fights, focusing on healing/peeling and think i performed better in group pvp than individual.

Kal VenoM and Leg enD like this.
  11. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

I dont know who you are but I appear to have touched you in the wrong place..

If I decide to play again you might as well prepare yourself for more where that came from.

Kind regards, The master of touching

12. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

but kal did get good in the end :S I remember asking finnad for a duel near simiran after a break, he said nah duel kal, he's good now

after a short lol I duel'd him anyway, 3 times? lost everytime. yea I wasn't great but I had stomped kal through the whole game till then :S 1000% improvement

maybe its just me coming from casual clans. I knew lotsa players that were awful at 1v1 but played so long they knew what do to in a big fight to not be a burden, followed orders without ever panicking or tunneling

13. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

I agree with you. One of our members, Ellianor, literally could not kill a fly on his own but his supporting abilities and overview of a fight was superior to anyone else ive played with. He was worth probably 5 people on his own in a fight. He made sure the diffrence in skill against superior players mattered alot less. Not to mention he helped out with tons of tasks that our elite pvpers would not be arsed to do because they were lazy in terms of preparings sieges etc.

From a leaders perspective id take such a player over even the best dueler of the server.

Kalos, DeadlyHit and nxte like this.
  14. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

Reach out your hand weirdo and you will be pulling back a stump. You don't know who I am but I know who you are. I am on another level far out of your reach.

15. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Mate no offence but that makes me question your memory. There's no way up until that point you were 'stomping' Kal, by the time we left TBC i'd say at best you could have gone even with him. I remember you challenging Fev to a 1v1 duel and losing, i was a little bit better than Fev and Kal was alot better than me, and fev quit like 2 years before the server shutdown.

Kal VenoM likes this.
  16. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

I was kidding i think my win rate vs kal was 10%

17. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

haha that's was the one and only time fev won(and was in kvit, still had a 15fps laptop to play on then), only stella and finnad were trouble in TBC, when finnad left just stella, later leg end/rawr were ok too. shit :S forgot Dario he used to kill me loads in early days

you never killed me once in DFO ever, killnax didn't either... only when it was kal **I should add kal didn't just win.. it was a shit stomp most times :( if I saw you in a z5 fight asgrim I'd go for you first to at least get one kill before running/dieing or finnad coming to save your ass

#137 Leg enD, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  18. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

Ellianor really was a strategist. I remember this vid where he throws a confusion from the top corner of the keep (wtf) at the perfect spot and angle just as me and fusion push the stairs. I don't think we even coordinate it, he just knew.

@ 1:54

Kal VenoM likes this.
  19. foggen

foggen Goblin Warrior

Sounds like Ellianor indeed.

20. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Okay so i was being polite but whatever, lets go. This fantasy world where you stomped Kal is fun, but fucking wake up. Never understood where you developed your ego; you were trash, say what you want but i can remember stickeybacking you down repeatedly - in fact I used to target you because you only knew how to cycle spells and if i got in melee with you you'd just panic and die, or hop away and lose all your hp anyway. It wasn't in Kvit it was near some hamlet, i'm pretty sure in wolflands, and he smashed you; had at least 50% hp left. When we left TBC the only decent players left were like rawr, leg end (not you, in case you were wondering) and stella. By the end of the game when you played in TFK when we used to fight you we'd fucking go through you, it was like a truck hitting a deer, you fucking evaporated. At the end of the day you ended up in TFK, Talentless Free Kills.

k3bs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.