Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Best video about darkfall ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by docfabio, Jul 2, 2020.

1. docfabio

docfabio New Member

2. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Without a doubt the dumbest game reviewers I’ve ever watched. Supplied many laughs.

That being said, their constant confusion really did effectively highlight the weakest points of the brutal NPE. The devs could learn a lot from this video IMO.

Or you could instead crow “just join a clan!!!” and lose 98% of the new player pool, who don’t want to join a clan just to evaluate a questionable game.

NonFactor likes this.
  3. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

Those two were particularly dumb im sorry to say

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

I have no clue how smart these people are but I rather think the problem was the context, they had no clue what they were trying. Also, they obviously didn't have a very serious perspective and seem to be trying games on random.

If you however mange to make an opt out system that would cater to their NPE you'd probably come quite far with new player retention. What ever you do the first week should probably be pretty self explanatory, even to them.

If you can't find any valid points that they mention then the problem is with you. Game shouldn't cater to them, but maybe NPE should.

Rimamok likes this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

"game looks awful"

:(

6. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Minecraft has sold 176 million copies, pretty sure not based on its stellar graphics.

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

man, no offense.. but this comparison is completely dumb.

8. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

You’re of course entitled to your opinion, but you really aren’t bringing much to the table here.

Minecraft is a game that relies on elements OTHER than great graphics to lure an enormous player base. Darkfall is no different... it has features other than graphics that make it great.

So yeah, I don’t care that the dumbest reviewers ever have a problem with the graphics. What I care about is that the Dev team(s) have never done a great job of marketing/highlighting the game for its strengths. Sure, they did a good trailer (IMO), but new players will typically never see that trailer. They’ll do EXACTLY what these dumb fucks did.... come in, see shit graphics, get confused by a lot of empty space and bad GUI, never be exposed to Darkfall’s strengths, and then uninstall.

9. ashroven

ashroven New Member

I think it's more of an NPE issue, with other issues mixed in. I had someone try the game and they confused the task system that pops up with the quest they were doing, they ended up spending 30+ minutes killing goblins for that escalating task that goes up to 50+ and then 300(?) or something. Anyway, long story short, if your first experience is confusing and full of design flaws then it more often than not won't matter if some distant aspect of the game is supposed to be great.

To give a silly analogy, imagine playing a complicated game but in Chinese without knowing Chinese, with no alternative: would you really put up with that? I think few people will, so if we take that same example but replace Chinese with counter intuitive flawed NPE then we have the same thing.

Sure there's a lot of factors outside of that, but I think the attitude and approach to NPE needs to improve before we see better results overall.

MaxiHori, Mea Kulpa and Rimamok like this.