Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bi-monthly fix DF thread (Plz dont delete! xD)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kilset, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

I know most of this will be ignored/argued against, but this is my opinion on what gives Darkfall a great base to stand on and I'd like to just create a fun discussion while I'm bored at home on thanksgiving. Nearly all of the combat changes have pushed me away from the game I once loved.

I truly feel Darkfall can flourish, I believe in Darkfall deeply and I know it has what it takes to have a SMALL number of active players at around 5000-10000. When I say active I mean ACTUALLY log in and play, not some guy logging in to pay taxes or walk around sanguine bank and log out once a month. If games like Last Oasis or ATLAS or other vaporware trash like that can sustain thousands of players with WORSE graphics and WORSE combat and LESS to do than DF then this game can do it too with a real launch that isn't lag induced by a rogue dev who deploys a brand new obfuscator 1 day before launch date. We just need a FOUNDATION to stand on.

Remove most champions from the game
    - Champions need to be reworked and thought about, they flooded the economy with a ton of BS.

Devils and Demons should be END GAME for gold farming
    - As it was in DFO and even at the end of a completely dead Beta, devil/demon farming was lucrative and pvp infested, it was fucking amazing; enough said.

Remove map fragments/NUGGETS (wtf?)
    - I don't know who did it, but I won't talk too bad on it, I realize you're trying to bring some content to the game but this isn't a good one WHOLE maps and WHOLE ores should be as it was. I don't ever want to piece together something like a map from 4 pieces ever again, not a good idea.

Enchants for Destros made simple!
    - This is something I haven't fully fleshed out but I know it will fix the problems that destros face for gearing up
    FULL SETS of heavy armor at PLATE level and above should be rewarded with three (3) attributes of their choosing.

Full plate would be Q2
    Full FP Q3
    Full Inf Q4
    Full Dragon Q5

This system could be more intricate in that you could base it off of the amount of protections you have in total will give you whatever level of quality enchant. But to keep it simple for now I've based it around full sets of armor.

In example, I am wearing a full set of infernal that is 50% + dura on every piece the set bonus system rewards me with 3 Q4 enchants set bonus that I will have on at all times so long as I keep my full set of gear on and keep above 50% dura.
    I choose
    - Stam efficiency
    - Slashing protection
    - Piercing protection

I need to think more deeply on this, but I think this fixes most of the enchant complaints for rings/armor that destros have (it's a good start imo)

Revert Combat mostly back to ALPHA
    * When I say mostly, I mean like 95% reverted entirely.
    The game should be about decision making and stat management as well as aim and prediction (Currently the game is just aim and prediction)

DFO used to be mostly focused on the things stated above, stat management was HUGE. With all the changes done to food, stam loss etc, it's made the game a very simple "run at someone" and burn your mana pool brain dead gameplay. This type of gameplay was popularized by Arrow and since then adopted by everyone else since it's the easiest and one of the most effective ways to kill someone quickly. This playstyle was virtually not possible in DFO because you simply weren't allowed to do so with weapon swap delay and stat management, it was possible but only in mostly rare instances.

Since you hardly have to worry about stam loss anymore, you only have to worry about hitting your shots, something darkfall wasn't all about. Before you argue that "people just got better duh!", remember that we had plenty of quake pros/CS pros hop into the game and get mopped by brittle handed MMO players who had 3200 dpi and high sens who could hardly chain together spells. Why would this be the case? Because DFO combat was more than JUST hitting your spells, it was about transitioning in and out of melee cleanly and managing your ever depleting stamina and mana pools. Something we have completely lost.

Some of the MOST key and important things regarding combat
    -
    Revert leveling speeds back to Beta leveling speeds
    - Revert back to Alpha combat entirely and go from there. (this means reverting food, stam loss on mounts stam loss in general should be reverted and bring back weapon swap delay ETC)
    - Keep wof nerfed
    - Keep debuffs nerfed
    - Bring back instant cast pungent
    - Delete mount stam bar and make bluetails the GOAT mounts once again (revert their health, make them faster like they used to be etc)
    - Get rid of fucking AUTO PARRY (CANCER)
    - Delete disabling bolt
    -bring back shrapnel get rid of impulse (cancer spell that is used offensively)
    - NERF daggers back to original DFO values they should be a PVE weapon not a PVP weapon.
    - Rework RACIALS no race should do more damage or have more protections just because they exist, racials should only impact PVE or crafting.

Revert to Alpha mob loot tables
    - Self explanatory here, the current ones are not so good imo!
    - Move mobs back to their old locations

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT ROA
    - Markets
    - Public Portals
    - Mines moved from cities
    - Cosmetics from store
    - The new UI
    - Battlespikes as they are currently

And most importantly the game needs a total WIPE along with all that I've suggested above.

ONCE WE'VE DONE ALL OF THE ABOVE WE CAN START ADDING IN COOL REAL CONTENT IDEAS SUCH AS HELLGATES.

There are tons of ideas we can pull from other games, but first we most restore our foundation and then move forward.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Put my responses like this: My responses are this way.

Kilset likes this.
  3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

They've known why people dont want to play for a long time now.

I have high hopes for the 1 or 2 developers left.

Looking forward to relics. Hopefully a NPE update can follow that, maybe get here by 2022.

4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Perhaps instead of one mega-post with dozens of ideas in it you could create one idea per thread in the Game Design Discussion so people can more thoroughly focus on individual points? Probably more likely to get attention that way instead of posting a wall of text.

Andrew likes this.
  5. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

OP you're a douche arm chair dog shit dong. Thank the Agonian Heavens that you're not a developer.
    Also, if you think about Darkfall is a Product. Its hardcore PVP. And its best in class, and has been for over a decade.

NO ONE WANTS THESE POSTS. WE LOVE DARKFALL.

MikeJT and Akamenos like this.
  6. YapYapYap

YapYapYap Dire Zombie

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

7. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

This attitude is why I see the same 50ish names over and over.

#7 MikeJT, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  8. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

I only see about 12.

MikeJT and Bakken like this.
  9. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

ill be 13

10. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Always suspected you were a fucking weirdo, thanks for confirming.

11. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

agree but sadly u wasted ur time on this thread.

BPG is happy whit the current 30-80 players.

RedBull9 and The Red King like this.
  12. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

No new meaningful content and combat is still fucked after years of development time.

Honestly pathetic lol

13. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Gorthan

14. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

bump because all of this needs to be done

15. RedBull9

RedBull9 Gravelord
    Legend

This prerty miuch, might as well start over at this point. How much you selling me this shit lol

16. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

10/10 would play

17. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Shaman

18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

im pretty sure I've never created a map using the fragments. it isnt worth the time to find 3 or 4 fragments (i forget how much) to make a small map lol. small maps are already not worth doing sort of, but just getting a fragment is like a kick in the nuts knowing you'll probably never form it.

I agree with everything said pretty much.

I'd throw in land tower, village capping system (not the actual village rewards), and scrolls/scribing being an awesome way to catch up/add more items value to mobs and although I loved the dopamine hit of getting a deed out of a chaos chest the new house crafting system is pretty cool too and would be a pretty lucrative farming business if we had a population cap fighting over each and every land plot.

Sadly I feel like bpg messed too much with the things that made darkfall fun. Combat and mob loot. Other than champions, and a select few spots I can't see anything that hits like DFO mob loot even though they should theoretically have a much easier time with all the new items/loot they added in to spice it up.

The game needed more uses out of gold and some items to combat the stagnation but it didn't need the relocation of mobs and gutting of so many loot tables. The relocation of monsters was pretty gnarly, they took so many of the great farming spots that the value of villages/holding locations for these things seem pretty hollow now (there are some exceptions but for the most part it ties back to champions and a few spots being decent). As well as making group farming much less lucrative. Other than mid map dungeon and champions the new farming routes are so gutted its pretty bad to bring more than 1-2 people.