Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Big Picture Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dinazoe, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Fishsauce

Fishsauce Goblin Shaman

hey Andrew, does it ever cross your mind that AV also had their pivotal moments when DF1 wasn't doing so well? They needed to make a big change to the game just like you guys are doing right now and hence the creation of Darkfall Unholy Wars. You guys are basically following the same path as AV did, the only difference is you're doing it in the same outdated game whereas AV just create a brand new updated game LOL. Anyway some foods for thought :).

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

but AV created a shit game after DFO with alot of broken stuff: horrible physics, wobble, incomplete class system, broken economy, iceskating, no alignment, no races, no enchanting... clearly less content than DF1

#62 NonFactor, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

They took a very flawed somewhat incomplete game and made it into a far less flawed and far less complete game.

4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Dfuw was actually just a big patch to df1. You could even load up the df1 UI.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

So ur saying we just need a big patch?

RootedOak and feeWAIVER like this.
  6. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

I miss Kelet

Super Star, NonFactor and Slayven like this.
  7. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

That's amazing
    lol I would of done anything for a old darkfall back pack..in unholy wars the list was strait garbage.

8. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

9. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

but AV created a shit game after DFO with alot of broken stuff: horrible physics, wobble, incomplete class system, broken economy, iceskating, no alignment, no races, no enchanting... clearly less content than DF1

10. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

Wobble was removed
    Classes were removed
    Auction house saved people time to buy shit
    Alignment could be fixed
    Ice skating could be fixed
    Enchanting could be added

With a shit game DFUW lasted longer than a NEW and improved dfo.

2 years > 2 months lmao

Better business move was to buy DFUW and patch the shit out of it.

Sad but true.

CottonEyeJoe and Slayven like this.
  11. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

NEW dfo? lol

its a 8 years old game.... DFUW lasted like 6 months.

also, ya.. "could be".
    funny

Fengor likes this.
  12. theimmigration

theimmigration Goblin Scout

actually...

Sique likes this.
  13. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

The problem is the game is all about pvp and all mechanics and features in game lead to it. An arena won't fix this and in fact more people will just end of quitting after a while like they did in alpha.

14. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

6 months now?
    i thought it was 3 months

hell, nearly two years in DFUW still had some 120-150+ people sieges.. RIP Alberworth (Blacksheep vs. Xplicit nutcup)
    whats RoA at now? 10v10?

UW or DFO is largely opinion based but people seem to forget that a lot of things were added (or removed.. goddamn wobble) to UW to improve it over its lifetime yet all these DFO tryhards seem to focus on the bad shit that was in at launch. you dont see UW fanboys bitching about the things that DFO had in at launch do you? hell, half you tryhards probably dont even remember that splash damage used to be FULL DAMAGE and allow for BACKHIT CRITS.. thats the same as arguing about wobble..

bottom line though, seems BPG is wasting a lot of time working on features that were ultimately in UW. at this point it almost seems like they would have been better off getting UW and worked on changing it more like DFO but thats water under the bridge

BPG fucked up with RoA so who the fuck cares anyways. Only way I see a revival in pop is if they relaunch in X months once they fix all the shit that drove the non addicted vet population away

#74 Foomanchu, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Circa and Slayven like this.
  15. Statusquo

Statusquo Goblin Warlord
    Affluent Loyal Supporter

I don't think i gave UW a chance because like an idiot i believed that AV was truly making a bigger better DFO and that it was gonna be the updated version they promised since the whole DF 2010 thing. I didn't even notice when they were showing teaser videos of the armor and skills cause i figured ok thats just the human models it will look different on orcs or elves w.e... I quit UW because once i realized its not so much DFO as it is a brand new game with hints of DFO i pretty much just felt like they strung me along just to get money out of me. SO i quit in more of a protest than anything.

BPG still has alot of work they need to do to get this game on track and honestly the best thing i think they should do is open a second server up advertise darkfall. Get it on steam, get some good publicity. Filter all the new comers to the new server and then after like 3 months of the new server running with a population offer the vets from the old server to transfer over. then once the old server has everyone off it close the old server and stick with the new one.

I believe this is really the only way you can get a brand new population because i do't think you can bring in 2-3k new people and have the vets be 6 months ahead of them. Not to mention all the holdings will be taken and built and the houses claimed. Those are two big features of darkfall and when you tell people sorry you missed the boat 6 months ago players wont take that too well.

Side note i wouldn't be opposed to SUCCESSFULLY merging DFO and DFUW. just as long as the core features are kept. I could go on about UW flaws in my eyes but ill stay on topic for now.

#75 Statusquo, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Sero likes this.
  16. White Mamba

White Mamba Goblin Warlord

UW last 6 month? Wtf...

UW was so superior to any DFO version... you name it... AV was the problem...

But, the so called dfo vets got what they wanted, a private server with 50 actives.

Good Job!!!

CottonEyeJoe likes this.
  17. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

DF1 had better pop. Even at the end while no patches happened for years. Just sayin. Played both games from live to the end.

18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Literally after the first month DFUW population dropped below what DF1 was when DFUW was announced.

19. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

Who really cares who had more pop? they both have no pop ATM, moot pissing contest.

20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

When Carrot boy and I agree you know it's got to be true

Carrot Soup and Dixie Normus like this.