Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Biggest problem with this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SiegeForce, Jul 18, 2020.

1. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

I think a better solution would have been to place the part that needed damaged in the middle, at ground level, and allow players to damage it with weapons.

I remember in DFUW they had pylons that would give out experience to anyone in the area. Man they were fun. You'd always see new players at the weaker ones, and plenty of fights at the mid to high level ones.

I thought with these rune glyphs something interesting would have been added, I think it was a missed opportunity with the current implementation.

I see many additions that seem to be mere frameworks for future additions/tweaks. Lots of potential here guys. Keep working hard.

2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. We are working hard to make Rise of Agon the best it can be. Big Picture Games is a small company but we strive to shore up weak points of the game and add new content whenever we can. Earlier this year we ironed out many issues that were addressed by our players and we continue to monitor feedback, both positive and negative. While we love to see our players enjoying our patches, we do not sit idle and ignore those that believe more can be done. We will always strive toward that end. It is not possible for us to tackle every demand immediately, we must allocate our resources prudently to achieve the best overall game state we can. Just because we are not catering to one of the many wishes expressed daily does not mean that they will never become a reality. Our efforts are sincere, our passion for Rise of Agon remains, and one day at a time we will work to make dreams become reality. Thank you for your continued support.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sameog and onslaught like this.
  3. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

not sure why you guys haven’t made a bench press in-game yet for my orks house. He has to stay swollen and look his best.

Porch and Billy Lee like this.
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

You're going to have to settle for the racial strength buff. For now ;)

aparks likes this.
  5. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

I don't need a fancy arena. Just literally anything (lots of ideas out there) that will make fair fights a consistent feature. Game is just zergfall (I'm in Defiance so I know how it goes), this is why I don't play. Easy fix imho. Shouldn't take long if you just laser focus in on something, that can't be too much to ask.

I am still thankful to BPG for reviving DFO, I'm still subbed ever since the start even though I don't play. (wheres my badge?) Obviously I care about this game. I just don't think BPG are focusing on the right stuff at the moment to get the game more active....a short double pivot is all that is needed, (get something in for fair fights) and you can still keep the original plan with territory control etc...

<3

6. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The game has basically become arenafall already, most of the mmo elements are pointless.

Porch likes this.
  7. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

This argument is so lame, it just ignores the reasoning behind why the game needs to be changed in the first place. Name one arena game where one side mercilessly zergs the other with no hope for even fighting back? Doesn't sound very fun. It is because everyone is afraid of losing their shit. The game is usually either getting zerged... or you just don't get any fights at all, or for some reason your team decided to zerg when you could have had a good fight, usually out of fear of losing. It's a mob mentality, it's almost unavoidable. When you do play honorably you get punished and lose your shit. Some randos will come in and mop up, or the person you are giving a fair fight to will bring in more, etc. It is one of the main reasons why many people just quit logging in entirely.

Brando Pando likes this.
  8. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Dire Zombie

This i can't understand. How are people so afraid to lose their shit in a game with a dying playerbase, unlimited items and millions of gold in the bank. I dont believe its a item thing, its pvp vids. People have this thing in their head that if they lose or die, they will be placed in a vid and laughed at by millions, they wont be able to walk down the street or go shopping without people pointing and laughing. Mother fuckers, like 20 people watch your shit, no one cares. The fact that people cant stand to lose and need to blob for a win is almost as stupid as all the elitists needing to be united just so they never lose. Like, imagine 20 clans each with 1-2 good players as their champions "sparta days". Fights are even and based on leadership/tactics instead of being (A) Elitists (B) Zerg. I get some people are friends with others and need to play together, but for the most part youre all scared kids afraid to lose at a non-exsistant game.

9. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

I'd imagine it is a combination of both in reality. Like a group of noobs in bone armor are going to mercilessly zerg down a vet in siege gear because none of them would stand a chance in a 1v1... just one example.

10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Leveling your char and getting gear is far to easy in RoA, and you pretty much just port everywhere for pvp, its basically not an mmo any more, villages are essentially arenas without balanced numbers. Gear is basically meaningless now days making the full loot (one of the best aspects of the game pointless), also from my understanding (haven't played for ages), some villages are now not full loot.

Porch likes this.
  11. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I'm not arguing whether or not the game is an MMO, at this point I don't care, I'm here for the combat/PVP. Zerging is the problem. You can call the game an arena all you want. If that is what you believe then it is legit the trashiest fucking arena game in existence. I guess you could argue that the game is neither an arena nor an MMO at this point, and then I'd be in agreement with you. We're stuck in this weird limbo of either grind MMO, or arena. But this middle ground we're in at the moment is just zergfall borefest.

"the game is essentially arenas without balanced numbers" if this is true then the arena should already be in game because the fix is really easy, just balance the numbers :p

12. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Without zerging there would be less pop and pvp than there is, a lot of players can only win by zerging.

13. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Regen is cancer

14. WilliamTell

WilliamTell Goblin Shaman
    Prosperous Loyal Legend

I want Ember Wars! I agree raising $60668.76 of $50000.00 deserves a Hard ETA on Mastery Leather Armor & Robes / Ember Wars.

Methodico likes this.
  15. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Here's probably some of the best feedback you'll get.

Hire someone that can code. If I would of known my donation money was to pay people that would add more bugs to the game then fixed I would of never contributed. Ideas are just ideas if you can't execute in some kind of reasonable time frame. If executed at all. Bobby had no problem fixing bugs and working with the code. It's sad you can't get anyone near his level and the sad part being you guys are not looking for anyone and are content and satisfy with lack/slow process your current team provides.

#35 JEDIMind, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  16. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

Here's my 2 cents on the loss of gear:

Many players who I've been fighting, have told me first hand, they do not PvE for gear. I believe the number they said was 90% of their gear was earned through PvP.

This is fantastic, however, what about the players who have to PvE for 90% of their gear?

This right here is your fundamental flaw.

Some players log-in for 2 hrs and PvP.

Some players log-in for 6 hrs and PvE.

And this is where the playerbase seems to split between "yes add arena" and "no, that will ruin my PvP experience"

I know many folks are getting a bit tired of it, especially when there's no solution. This game has become, quite frankly, a waste of my time (on the whole). I do enjoy PvE myself, I believe it's great, however as I transition to more PvP, I'm getting a little tired of it. Tired of dying in 15 seconds after farming for some gear for at minimum 30 minutes. Tired of dying to the same folks, for the same reasons, etc. The worst part is: I'm not the first to say this. I've been reading the forums, and I have seen it in many threads with many players.

I'm seeing so many problems with the day-to-day play and the.... sheep vs. wolves balance. It's rough.

I would love to see more small scale PvP options, more small scale PvP BENEFITS, and more reasons to diversify large clans. I can understand when players would like to play together, however when half of the server plays in one clan, and the other half is in the other. There's no diversity.

Perhaps a way to encourage friends to create smaller clans would be a great step in the right direction. Develop tools to enable players to create experiences in smaller scale areas, and encourage players to get out into the world and participate in activities... not just PvE. Events such as trade route, dungeons, etc. The only players in dungeons I see are from HORDE and OTG.

Sameog and lawlonslawt like this.
  17. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Undead Dwarf

PvE'rs and RP'rs are the lifeblood of any open world mmo. You need to cater to them or all you will have left is a toxic community full of raging pvp wolves.

Mega likes this.
  18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

There needs to be good reasons to pvp, DF has always struggled with the fact that the only reason to pvp is for pvps sake.

19. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Dire Zombie

Here is things id be working on if i owned this game and wanted to see some players login, in no particular order. "also i was working at the same time so didnt really pay much attention to what i was writing". But before you make stupid damage % changes, adding in shit like funhulks and whatever it is you guys think is a priority.. have a read. While youre at it, i think franchise had a list too. And battlesmurf, and jonah, and half the population. Go through them, read them. Buy a big fucking whiteboard and put it in your office and take notes and dont work on anything else besides shit we have listed and try to salvage something from this game as intended. Because right now, your efforts are nothing. You might think youre doing a great job, but honestly anyone could have gotten this far.. not being a dick, just how it is. P.S. Hire a real dev team that knows wtf theyre doing.

Adding a 4 second delay to changing more than a Primary/Secondary/Staff weapon: I get tired of watching players switch between a 2H Sword, Mace, Daggers, Spear, DPS staff and cobra etc.. like balance it out and if you want to carry multiple weapons you will need to drag and drop them onto your paperdoll with a delay instead of a instant hotkey.

Next would be balancing weapons/staves/Armour so you can kind of make classes without "being a class" as UW tried. Being a Destro or a Everything class doesn't cut it.

The next thing, this game after things are fixed, it needs a wipe. The fact everyone has everything and them some is beyond stupid.. Every person roaming around with infernal, when back in the day 2010? anyone who had infernal was a god to newer players.

Bring back the grind. Dont make it as stupid as it was, but there needs to be justification to playing. Setting yourself a goal of going from 50 archery to 60 was cool. But the only way to do it properly is remove any exploitable mod/trick/macro possible so it had to be hand leveled. And to any player thinking "but after 6 months a guy with no job can be maxxed and i wont be". DONT PLAY FOR A MAXED CHAR. Play to enjoy your character, forget this whole pvp endgame bullshit you know now, that should be the only thing about the game.

PvE Needs better and exciting drop rates. There needs to be a reason to pve, as a post above.. why invest 6 hours a day to pve when you can zerg someone down and gain that gear in 2 minutes. Make the standard gear a common set up and achievable to gather, and to anyone who needs the best gear they have to earn it and risk it. Have the spawn timers/amount of mobs spawn reflect how many people are in the area, but hard cap them at 5 people because anyone farming with 10+ is stupid.

Shrink the world or make it seem more playable. Walking around for 15 minutes and seeing no spawns, no players, no housing.. for a new player this is absurd. There needs to be 2x the current unique mobs in the game to spread out the load instead of just droping the same shit everywhere that we have played with for 10 years.

Remove teleportation besides runes and houses. Having people zoom around the map is beyond retarded i wont even bother to comment on it.

The character creation needs to be hard looked at. As the video pointed out, its a joke at this point.

A graphics overhaul. Why would i spend $3000+ on a pc to play a game looking from 2001? Some players will say "but gameplay is more important". You dont have the luxury to stand behind that, at the moment no one is trying your game so until you can hard sell how cool it is, you best need to get the basics of a 2020 game down. And that, is making our newly purchased advanced technology not a wasted.

Questing. I cant stress this enough. You can not consider yourself a MMORPG without a proper quest system in 2020, you just cant. For this mapsize to work and for the game to be big enough as intended with 1000's of players, no one is going to pick this up with a bland game.

Marketing. This is almost he biggest thing you can do for a game. While i wouldnt market it in its current state, not getting your product out there is a death wish.

Bhopping with spikes should be removed, Begone should be removed and stormblast should be moved to a greater magic spell so everyone can use it. While i think having 1 spell with its uses isn't too bad. With how the game is played at the moment with all the hopping, people water jumping faster than ships etc.. its beyond stupid.

#39 SiegeForce, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  20. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

First...some English lessons would go a long way. Punctuation and capitalization are king.

Second, why would they read this post when it's just blah blah is stupid, blah blah is dumb, blah blah......pretend for just a second that you aren't 12.

Third, you have some good points, but you also have some pretty crazy ideas regarding what people want and how many new players try this game.