Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Biggest problem with this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SiegeForce, Jul 18, 2020.

1. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Dire Zombie

Im pretty sure my phone texting skills made more sense than whatever bulshit youre on about. Crazy ideas tho? I thibk youre refering to "the game standard" buddy. And enlighten me on how many new players login.. because the average daily unique ip logins for this game would easily be under 100. Thats including all the hardcore vets who have invested the last 11 years of their life playing. If most of you are happy with "whateverthefuck" this is, cool. I could also link you 20+ free to play ultima online servers from a game 25 years old with a higher daily playerbase.

2. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

Why are you even here, what are you even trying to say? You are total dong shit, and have little purpose on these forums. We're here to talk about a game and celebrate the culture and awesome experiences darkfall has given us over the last decade of gaming. All you're trying to do is detract other people from experiencing a legendary game. Fuck off dong shit loser.

3. SiegeForce

SiegeForce Dire Zombie

You have like 50 players playing your game! what is so legendary about playing a game that almost anyone who knows about it, laughs and mocks it.

clyde frog and MaxiHori like this.
  4. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

The biggest problem with the game is that the best part of the game is combat/pvp, but the combat/pvp is almost always ruined by zerging/uneven skill. Therefore, people don't have fun playing the game and quit.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    onslaught likes this.
  5. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

If this game is such a steaming pile, go play UO. We don't need toxic d-bags here anyway.

6. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

This is the best and worst game at the same time =0.

7. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

No arguments from me there. I have had a very love/hate relationship with Darkfall since 2009. But there are better ways to go about making things better than saying how stupid things are now. LOL

8. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I love df. I just wish they focused more on sandbox stuff. And lore and quests like other games.

there was me, Lars, and another dude that were gonna Write quest lines that fit lore and have npcs speak (Lars voice).

im still down to help if they want. Tasks and daily quest are ok for the a.d.d type people but regular people love good fun storyline quests.

9. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

It’s not toxic it’s a legit list of criticism... don’t get so defensive and take it personally. The game and BPG need to improve and this list a great place to start

10. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

All of the games you listed have received massive overhauls and are huge successes because of advertising and critical acclaim.

The only game that can honestly compare is Runescape. Runescape is run by a hodge-podge of Java developers, probably about 20 developers, and everything they change/implement is ran by the players in a poll.

I'm not sure about Ultima Online, but there are hundreds of Ultima Online private servers out there, maybe because the code is openly available? This game's is not, and prevents other players from fiddling around with it. I think RoA would go a long way if the code was openly available and multiple developers were able to contribute to it in a sort of modding fashion. Over the years the best snippets of codes/additions would be added over time, and eventually you'd all have the game you wanted.

Instead, you have one company, ran by two developers, implementing additions that have not been voted on, while you all flail your arms in different directions. I have read quite a bit of crybabying in this forum, everything here is saved, from years ago, and they all have one thing in common. None of them develop, or understand that nothing they do or say will have any effect.

I think we're going to have to take what we can get here and enjoy it while it lasts. Which to be fair, this game is a gem, you will not see something like this for many years to come.

11. clyde frog

Supporter

starcraft had literally no overhaul and its from 1998. wow had literally no overhaul and its from 2004 so....

BPG would be able to HIRE more developers if they gave people a REASON to play

12. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

Starcraft 2, and then starcraft 2 remastered. All of the WoW expansions over time, and then WoW classic.
    These have kept the name in the spotlight, whereas darkfall has had nothing to keep it in the spotlight. Literally never heard of it, but these other games have millions of players... and I hear about them all the time.

They definitely need to work on giving players a reason, easily agreeable argument.

13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

In an mmo there needs to be constant new progression added.

SirJames likes this.
  14. clyde frog

Supporter

Millions of People have been playing wow classic for the last 15 years with no new added content

Kol Taggar likes this.
  15. otoan

otoan Crypt Guard
    Loyal

This isn't WoW. It's a niche of a niche of a niche. The problem is population. At least personally. I don't really want to invest time doing the boring stuff for the 1% of fun that's available. No matter how great that 1% is.

MaxiHori likes this.
  16. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I'm absolutely amazed this thread has been allowed to stand.

17. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

The biggest problem with the game are these forums. People want to come talk about a game they're excited for. Not have some shitboi with a VPN and several puppet accounts talk shit about the game all day long every day.

Where in the FUCK did we get to where Darkfall forums have to be a bastion of free speech? It's absolutely insane that false information, dead beat retard level comments just continue to shit all over this discussion and game.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Even if the forums were all buddy buddy it wouldnt increase the population to the levels needed.

19. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

More news from dog shit dong at eleven.

20. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Yah please lock this thread. Its full of bullshit, unproductive and most of all annoying.