Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Billboard x Runebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Dec 4, 2018.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

Since u can mark a rune in every village of the game whats the point to have a billboard OR whats the point of last changes making only one of this be available to por by billboard?

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  2. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Black Knight
    Contributor Streamer Legend

Because it doesnt cost the poor people portal shards via billboard and also insta ports.

Slayven likes this.
  3. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Because casuals.

Is why.

Or what we were told.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Infernal

Ya I agree every village needs to be portable.

5. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I don't think that should happen. 1 VCP has to be portable at all time. We shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes everytime. As 1 VCP gets capped, an other one that is currently live should become portable.

Now, i don't like portfall, but it's better than having to wait for everyone to mark a rune for each VCP.

Again, you getting 2-3 shards per VCP's already. So you can't be worried about losing p-shards.

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  6. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Infernal

Yep 1k gold every village portable

7. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal

I can see where you are coming from. The one thing I would like to see is all 3 VCPs that go live are portable. This gives smaller groups the chance to port to a VCP and have a 66% chance of avoiding the current 10+ man parties that are taking all of the portable vcps.

There are very few things a small group (less than 4-5 typically) that they can do. You can do champs with 3 people but high possibility with someone discovering you are doing it and porting in people. You could farm mid map with a high possibility with someone hearing you and porting in people.

The removal of runebooks and opening up the billboard to all 3 VCPs give smaller groups a chance to participate in all aspects of the game. Sure people will have marked runes without runebooks but each time it is used they have to remark one. This would drive up the market for them and they could even implement the cost of 1-2 mana shards to "power" the runestone when you mark it.

8. Squanto

Squanto Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Marking a rune to every village IMO is fine, but there needs to be a cooldown or limitation to runebooks to reduce the ease of travel. Its way too easy to get where you want to on the map, especially if you have multiple runebooks or very good rune locations. This ease of travel results in 'ease of zerging', which is what we have been experiencing recently. In a full loot pvp game where numbers are a very very large factor in fights, you should not be able to transport potentially hundreds of players to a single location within 30 seconds or instantly.

If you don't see this as an issue, no idea what to tell you.

These two forms of travel need to be looked at.

Heres my suggestion:

Billboard teleport mechanic needs to be removed, or at the very least have a cooldown similar to how clan city portal chambers or nexus's work. It promotes zerging, the second you are spotted at a village an entire clan of 15 players all run to the billboard and blip onto your head. We are already seeing how terrible the mechanic is with a small population, gaining any more players is just going to exacerbate the issue.

As for Runebooks, like I said above, the ease of access to fast travel is another big issue. You can potentially teleport to anywhere you want to go on the map from the safety of your city or any npc city. This completely ruins open world organic pvp and makes the only locations you can find pvp cities, mobspawns, and points of interest. Lots of options to fix this, but what I have been suggesting forever is to create a wilderness portal hub to promote leaving your city and traveling via these and to put some limitation on runebooks to hinder their use.

My Ideas for nerfs to runebooks could be a cooldown timer between uses (15-30mins per port), make runebooks take runestones per port and require they be re-marked (similar to dfo, the runebooks would only be a convenience of storing/organizing your runestones), or completely remove runebooks and refund players nithron coins/gold for their runebooks.

Also keep in mind, if any changes are made to runebooks or billboards you will need to make other forms of travel (open world alternatives such as a wilderness portal hub to incentavize leaving your city) to make up for the loss.

Ikaika Koa, Animal and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  9. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

How about the wilderness portals and bookshelves(the proposed house bookshelf thing) become generic portals that allow you to use your Runebook to runes marked within a particular range of that portal?

Put a short cooldown(~15-30s) on their use. This gives more value to holdings with portals nearby and makes portal chambers MUCH more desirable.

@Andrew @Neilk

10. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

what about this?
    When you port it is to a random of the 3 villages? that way you can risk it? or run/recall?>
    Maybe not 100% ideal but could be damn fun!!!

11. Chantree

Chantree Goblin Warlord
    Wealthy Legend

Being forced into a non winnable situation isn’t fun.
    Noobs and bad players are in this situation Much more than vets.
    Nerfing fast travel isn’t the answer. That just makes the game slower and less fun.
    What if only similar ranked party’s could port in to challenge the original party on any VCP?

12. Yomi Scythetalon

I rather not fight only the afrika reign and rat group every vcp :p

13. Chantree

Chantree Goblin Warlord
    Wealthy Legend

Because the chance of winning is low, kinda like getting Zerged ? Or being new to the game and running into a vet ?

14. Yomi Scythetalon

All that but think how hard coding a system like that would be. And why would that be fair to the vet group or the noob group. Vets show up furst noobs dont get a shot, vice versa

15. Chantree

Chantree Goblin Warlord
    Wealthy Legend

There’s gotta be better way to make the game more fun for noobs, vets, and everyone in between than “ I’m getting zerged lets nerf fast travel “

16. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

There is.

Safe Zone for noobs
    Arena for vets
    Open world for zergling scrubs and pve farmer extraordinaires.

17. Yomi Scythetalon

I agree with you, but vcps are a pvp thing in a pvp game. I think reworking our awesome dungeons that no one uses would be a better route. Make pve raiding a thing.
    --- Post updated ---
    I cannot wait to fight you a thousand times on jmans account just to get that one win and post it all over the world.

Korag likes this.
  18. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

it is called WOW, congrats you just killed df

19. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

HMU, I can arrange that for you.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  20. Squanto

Squanto Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

agreed, but you aren't forced into doing anything. There is already indicaters in the middle of your screen notifying you that a party of (insert number) captured the last village. It isn't hard to gauge your skill and determine if you have a chance vs the people capping villages..
    No, you are just playing the victim card. You just choose to be a victim rather than try to improve your bunnyhopping/survivability. Noobs, sure.. but they shouldn't be contesting end game pvp hotspots like villages, should they?
    If you read what i said above, BPG would need to replace the reduced/removed fast travel with more open world alternatives to incentivize people to go out into the world to get around. There should be more portals in the world so you run into more people randomly and organically going to and from those portals, rather than warping directly to where you need to go. This isn't just about villages, its about the pvp the game has. Gonna assume you didn't play DFO because of you trying to play the noob victim card above, but one of the most fun things about this game was randomly running into other players open world and the encounters (whether it be friendship or pvp) that came out of running into other people. You NEVER EVER see it anymore because of this shitty fast travel system.
    How are you going to do this? So many issues I can think of off of the top of my head... people are going to make free to play alts and 'smurf' villages, people will just not go through the billboard and show up and gank people, ect, ect.. this is an open world pvp game. The only way you are going to force noobs to fight noobs and vets to fight vets is to stop pretending the noobs should be wearing dragon and infernal and make them wear fullplate and fight other people who are forced to wear fullplate while the vets fight over the mobs that drop infernal and dragon and q4/5/6.
    Like I said above, its not a nerf on fast travel. You'd still be able to get everywhere. let me make an example for you since you and many others don't seem to understand what I am saying.
    [​IMG]
    You are in Serruk, you want to go farm center dungeon. You can either use your runebook and put its use on a 30 minute cooldown along with re-marking the rune you used and adding it back to your runebook.... or you can go take a free to use wilderness portal nearby your city (wow a reason to own certain cities! wonder if that will create confict or pvp!?). If you go take the portals, you have a chance of running into other players, finding chaos chests, seeing cool locations, finding rare ore nodes, ect, ect... which you get to choose by the way. You aren't forced to only use these portals....

This idea of a wilderness portal hub would be the exact same as clan city portal chambers, except they would be found in the wild and would be free to use or have a very low cost. If you nerf runebooks and billboards, and add this, it brings more open world organic pvp and forces people to stop bank staring (which a game like this needs).

Bartlebe likes this.