Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Billboards/Villages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Django, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Django

Django New Member
    Hero

Most players who enjoy smallscale pvp have to find that at villages at the moment. A huge discouragement from going is how easy it is for the strongest group online at any given time to overwhelm anyone else. I would love to see some mechanics implemented that would make it harder for people dueling in their city to suddenly join a village because some scout found someone to kill. Villages are the main pvp activity for most players, and i think some changes would make it more suitable for groups who are not the strongest on the server to go for.

Suggestions:

1. You can only port to lawless villages from billboards in lawless areas.

2. Make billboard sickness 20 minutes up from 10.

3. You can NOT port to a lawful village once it is live.

4. Once a lawless village is live, using a billboard to get there puts a cooldown on that billboard for the next player. Just like a portal chamber. So if your a group wants to port together it has to be done before the village is live. Alternatively- make it as suggestion 3.

Isaac Clarke, The Red King and Porch like this.
  2. Sasabazmeg

Sasabazmeg New Member

1. Fully support. It segregates player based on group strength, better players or bigger groups will try Lawless, Chaldean, the rest go for the Lawful.

3. +1

4. Is not best, because they can port from different billboard. What about chaos cities or Sanguine billboard, other guy loads first, you miss it. It's a public place, should not have shared CD.

3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I never liked the billboard system. I'm pretty sure I've made my thoughts on fast-travel clear numerous times.

Anything which reduces it's effectiveness sounds like a good idea to me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature