Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bindcamping should not be allowed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aparks, Jun 6, 2017.

1. adamisanameihave

adamisanameihave Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Bindcamping has only been a problem for me when the game was broken and I had no invulnerability shield. I had to GM_help my way out of there... and it took 20 min or something.... was annoying.. but I almost looted infernal in the process.

As long as your shield is working its not a problem.

Seriously, you don't know how to fix it?

Its common sense. You log in and the shield lasts for 2 minutes, look around, choose a direction auto-run, log-off.

Rinse and repeat until you are in a safe place.

This was easier with water-logging though that is REALLY stupid that you cannot do that anymore.

The very worst that can happen is that it takes more than a half hour to be able to log in at a safe distance away from people... if you are being followed it may take awhile, but without being able to water log that REALLY hurts because I depended on that so many times. When we used to be able to waterlog it was easier because if they were trying to grief you out of the game, it only took a few minutes to get them off. I would log in and out while going one direction, then water log and they wouldnt have time to get back to the bindstone by the time I logged back in and ran other direction. Worked every time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    ehlkawe likes this.
  2. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

Its Froxxer what do u expect? The guy is a brain dead mongoloid. Typical behavior from him.

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Only DF UW with their crappy GM

4. Garou Lintermittent

Garou Lintermittent Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Chaos city pact. Good one.

Going into a chaos city is the equivalent of entering an asylum for dangerous criminals, with naked guys foaming at the mouth running in circles, swinging their shearswords furiously in the wind, while others will hang out pantless on the top of houses, come hithering nakeds into the water in hopes of finding a 4 dura pickaxe and a carrot.

The world stops making sense in chaos cities.

Imrys, Fawley and Grimtide like this.
  5. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

Instead of GM interventions, I support in-game technical solutions.

What some games do :
    • You spawn invisible to others and immune to damage until you exit the spawn area (you of course appear as normal if you do any form of attack. Heroes & Generals);
    • You have many spawn points around the given area ;
    • You could have an easy 'expel yourself from this bind point' option ;
    • etc.

Drago and Fawley like this.
  6. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

You cannot enforce something like this. Instead develop a system to prevent it.

Quin Tessence likes this.
  7. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Its literally impossible to get bindcamped. This guy is just an idiot looking for something to cry about.

You have the shield above your head for like 2 minutes whenever you spawn. Run in one direction for 45 seconds then log out. Log in, run for 45 seconds and log out. If you can't handle playing a hardcore PvP game, stick to WoW or go back to NPC towns.

Grimtide likes this.
  8. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Even AV banned people for extended bind camping. It might of been one of the only things they did right.... things like this and using city guns to damage it's own structures and other blatant griefing need to be nipped in the butt.

9. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Lol, no they didn't. They used to teleport people being bindcamped away, but I can guarantee they never banned for it.

10. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

Fake News

11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I got a warning that I would be banned when I did it in dfo

Baraz likes this.
  12. tanto

tanto Dire Zombie

you guys got to stop looking at this through the eyes of a failed game. This is a QOL thing that needs to be solved. how does it make sense if you lose a siege that you are stuck trying to just get off your bind stone. Logging out and logging in takes forever..

It's not at all practical and literally just forces people to log off..

It just makes zero business sense for the longevity of this game. If your only argument is that it's a hardcore pvp game it can be refuted by the fact that that particular game dies a miserable death.

population from my point of view has already started to thin out.. What exactly does letting someone bind camp you add to the game? Versus what does it take away from the game?

Takes away people.. adds an avenue for players to really fuck someones time up.

13. MurdersBane

MurdersBane Goblin Scout

bindcamped a maru kage kid for 1h and never got a warning in dfo. was good skill gain.

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

might of been timeline based. this was fairly soon after NA launch. As well i got a 3 day ban for blocking fat walkers and stopping minining/logging.

15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

It isn't that hard to get out of being bindcamped if you need to. Unless there is 50 people encircling a town there is always a way to sneak out, use shields, grab a mount and ride of into the sunset or whatever. Sero was camping tolenque for like 4 hours yesterday and it took me about 10 mins to get my naked newb alt out and I was afk for 8 of those minutes. Just wait until they go for someone else and grab a mount and ride the other way.

16. Whisper

Whisper Air Elemental
    ANN Reporter

Seriously though, "release from bindstone" should be an option. Bindcamping is only ever used as either a punishment or a tactic. Being able to release to a far away stone would allow you to ease the punishment aspect while not removing the ability of players to bindcamp as a tactic.

tanto likes this.
  17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

i wouldnt say to another bind stone but allow a / command like unstuck that will move you into a random position while under protection only after a respawn. Have the position be within the tile somewhere but not in the city itself.

18. Whisper

Whisper Air Elemental
    ANN Reporter

That would pretty much destroy the tactical ability of a group to lock down a location via bindcamping. I don't think either punishment nor tactics should be nerfed. I just think a third option should be offered, which would move people from the bindstone to a different one, perhaps near their racial capital.

19. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

That can be exploited for a free recall to their racial lands.

20. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Bind camping is a large part of the game. It should stay / be allowed. You have to be careful where you are bound. It also adds a nice flavor to the game as people who "bind camp" are generally hated and hunted afterwards and end up camped themselves.

EDIT: 2017 is crazy I never thought I would see a thread like this for darkfall...

Slayven and Drago like this.