Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Blackwater & legion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by franchisee, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

Ever since I went through that crashing phase for a few weeks I never really recovered :pensive: but if you have noticed in the past few days I have been slowly getting back into it.

It burns when I pve :sob:

I get on for pvp/duels at primetime though, and I rarely see you guys raiding unless you are angry about something.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Myater likes this.
  2. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Me? Angry? NEVER! :p

Marxman likes this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Game being about clans is garbage.

Slayven likes this.
  4. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

You sound dumb.

What purposeful content is there for small scale in this game??????

Sieges are the only content this game has that gives people a purpose. IE: get good bags for best siege. War components and equiptment. Scrambling around to defend/attack this holding or that. Gold actually going to use. War: It's the only content this game has, and you can ne mad at BlackLegion all you want but you should be thankful they're providing more content to this dead ass game than BPG.

I get about 16 hours play time in a week on a good week, and tbh, I mostly roam solo or with 1 person, and we find small scale pvp pretty regularly, as well as show up and have fun at the sieges, win or lose, it's always fun. Stop trying to tell people how to play so you can get some material to pump out a few more tired ass darkfall pvp vids and gag on your e-peen

#64 Degamra, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Nobody even watches RoA Videos even the best players/ vids get less than 1k views

Even complete dog shit MMO's have random shit players making videos that average 5 figures+ on YouTube

You don't realize how niche and dead RoA is until you log into another game...

BUT there's nothing fundamentally broken with RoA that has to change to become popular/viable... it's the millions of other people who are all wrong... lets cater to the 1% of RoA vets still playing

6. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

99% of new players dont last 4 months. We have tried it many times before. The NPE is just awful even without a grind. They grow tired of getting their domes ripped off by 5+ year vets and the pve/material/wealth grind is extremely boring and tedious leaving them with not a whole lot of game play options.

Even when strong pvp clans take new players in and train and coddle the shit out of them the attrition rate is still terrible. It's better but still not good. The game really needs mechanics that encourage equal skill level fights and discourages free farming and over fishing of lesser opponents better. New players deserve at least a few equal skill level fun fights a day dont they?

That said everyone knows everyone. You can pretty much already tell who is compatible with what groups. With such a small active player base there isnt much room to move around or recruit from. Its yet another one of those problems that only exist because bpg cant seem to grow the game at all. Turns out it's hard to gain and maintain users when you have repeated large development fuck ups with long delays before they are addressed. Crazy how nature do that.

MaxiHori, Chantree, Mea Kulpa and 4 others like this.
  7. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

tl;dr, skimmed it tho

Let's cater to the top players who actively cannibalize the other 90% of the population and are dumb enough to think they're helping

Is that the gist of it?

fuckin' nah

Slayven, Nat, Fengor and 8 others like this.
  8. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

Yeah that's it. As if I haven't spent my entire darkfall career catering to new players.

9. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

What are these perks, mechanics and tools?

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

When you loot a player at a siege only to get an unenchanted cobra and a random enchant on their helmet, you know the npe is still fucked-up.

Back in dfo, my cobras were never enchanted. I didnt think it was that important. Beside, crafting or looking for a crafter is super tedious.

Slayven likes this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

crafting is stupid easy now, went from 0 bowyer to 90 mastery in 20 min. 0 to 100 took like 5 min and barely any resources at all. I had to pre farm mats for mastery but making 5 bows gained from 0 to 25, 7 - 9 bows to 50 etc. Made like 10 silver branches to 90 and 1 fire bow looking thing got me to almost 93.

False information from the uninformed vet or no information at all is the biggest danger to losing a new player. When ya have people that say shit like you do constantly that just isn't true they become discouraged and or do not learn what they need in order to play at a high level.

12. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Game's literally got less population than a shit korean grinder mmo private server, aka Cabal Online, MU online, aion,

Litdrally go google mmo privatd servers, itll give you a top 100 list and they have like 1k players on multiple servers.

That being said, i wonder if they just need to advertise the damn game and turn it into an arena with instant loot.

Its not even an MMORPG anymore, its kindof a Quake mod.

Tge expansion theyre developing is cool, i hope it introduces some near alignment incentives with faction warfare, and z subscription system. They can then just advertise rhe game with facebook ads for 1500 bucks a month and win.

Sorry for typos, i dont like the auto correct on this phone.

MaxiHori likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Never understood why they decided to make the grind non-existent. There was nothing wrong with the RoA launch grind, at all. Bunch of casuals crying about not being immediately given everything, well where the fuck are they now? A grind would have kept people logged in longer, and more commited to the game.

Remember the absolute troglodyte RETARDS complaining that "every holding should have a selentine golem"? [​IMG]

Game was hardcore by design and now its 1 step away from being a moba.

#73 Sero, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Mea Kulpa, kinglear, Rimamok and 5 others like this.
  14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

So then let's take the actual steps needed to correct and mitigate some of this and give new players or even returning old players a reason to want to play and stay.

We all agree what we have now ISN'T working.

I have put way too much time writing out white papers on how I'd fix the game only for BPG to ignore it, if you don't agree with my suggestions... what are your solutions?

So far I don't see anyone at BPG doing or even advocating for anything majorly different, they need to stop trying to band aid fix a broken foundation.

How is this so called expansion going to change the fundamental problems?

15. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

im sorry to say smurf.. but you haven't been around for over 1 year here.

Then you come back here since your new dawn game is dead as a horse and start lecturing people here that only your suggestions are some sort of holy grail and is the only way to go.

realisation is the first thing you need to learn

Sero and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

"Don't argue with me on this @Korag @Scrubby Bear , you're out of your element"

lol last thing he said to me haha
    Kid really believes his own BS, next level delirious

17. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

I see tons of new/returning players constantly but people rarely ever take them under their wing because the only people recruiting are me and a couple fucking rpers!

Mirage and Rats recruit but they are openly elitist.

You guys seriously don't realize how many people slip through the cracks because the community ignores them.

18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

The fuck are you talking about? I have been actively trying to fix/save RoA since early 2016. I was on the RoA Train FIRST, but hopped off because I saw and warned about what was coming because BPG wasn't listening. You want me to necro my massive threads from well before and shortly after launch?

Literally almost everything I warned about (and offered comprehensive ways to preemptively fix) long before launch ended up happening. Bet me some $ and ill dig the threads/posts if you don't believe me, otherwise I'm not wasting my time with you.

I NEVER really played New Dawn either despite praising them pre launch because they started fucking up in different mostly non gameplay related ways (which coincidentally LITERALLY ended up costing them everything just like I warned on THEIR forums) in 2017 so I decided not to put time until they proved it wouldn't fail.

And ya I'm one of if not the only person to actually lay out a complete comprehensive plan for how to save EITHER game, so until someone ELSE offers a better solution (which I frequently try to get people who disagree with me to do) then I DO consider my plan the holy grail.

I literally know more about RoA game mechanics/economy and how to fix it without ever logging in than people like @Korag

It's many of the same problems that have always been there throughout DF1 and UW (which I played more than enough of at the highest level) plus a couple of new ones that BPG added... I know all I need to from patch notes, streams, videos, and discord.

The only difference between DF1 and RoA is that RoA made the economy, and progression worse, broke combat, and killed hotspots and open world PvP in record time.

They did make the GUI and hotbar system better and removed my need to macro so ill give them that

Tell me why my suggestions are actually wrong rather than using using a logical fallacy like "You don't even play"

Because that doesn't make me wrong.

In fact for months everyone thought I was playing under a different name because I was so well informed. It wasn't until I assured some of my friends who thought I had ghosted them and gone incognito to join a vet nut cup that I wasn't actually playing that some people started trying to use that against me.

Before that it was upvotes for days on my suggestions and critiques

If anything former vets and people NOT playing (despite liking full loot FFA FPS sandbox PvP MMORPGs) are the people BPG should listen to, assuming you ever want to fill the game world again... it was designed for 10,000 concurrent right now you get like 200-400 depending on day/time/ if there's a siege and like 10% of those are Donaddor alts

Why are you fighting people who are at least TRYING to Make Agon Great Again?

Rather than just accepting this is the best the game can do or who bitch but don't offer solutions or help

19. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

We literally had 3 new players until those pesky furries poached one of them. IDK what you're smoking, Rhy.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Lol you are so full of shit
    one of these kids that loves to toot his own horn 24/7 but in reality stands back doing nothing.
    When called out doesn't show up. You been absent from play and living off of theory only.
    Everyone knows the mistakes BPG has made your not some kind of fucking guru, or medium with magical mental powers lol
    Your a literal laughing stock both on these forums and IRL and you know it is true.

By all means keep on keeping on kid it does provide a lot of entertainment for the masses...

lololol

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.