Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

So I raid a boat and kill everyone on deck but I can't loot the ship? But you're going to tell me that's not getting rid of full loot. Great logic there.

So rather than have everything available on the map you want noobs to be clueless with PVE? Then they'll be forced to alt tab and go find the mobs with playermade maps because your dumbass suggestion is to have them blindly roam to find mobs. That makes NPE harder on them. Great logic once again.

You're telling me I'm the minority yet I provide you numbers and you still remain a dumbass and claim otherwise. Bhopping is one of the reasons I stayed in df as a noob. Once more, it's not our fault you suck too much to do it.

The best player in this game ever was a destro. You suggested to make destro easier because YOU suck at the game. Nobody is scared to lose top spot, we just don't want dumbass changes from a terrible player who has no place to suggest pvp changes.

GG you can't respond with logic so you give up and call me special needs. 10/10 coming from a fucking cripple. And I've been crippled in my life before so don't be a pussy and use that as an excuse.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #181 SuB ZeRo, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

61340319.jpg

3. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

What happened to "im done responding to you" ?

Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@kilrath81

They want godly-hop to stay because there's no other way to fight in DFO. If you don't have godly-hop, the guy running on a mount all the way will easily find a way out. Now that you can't even ride south/west to escape on a blue-tail, a good bunny hopper will never let you go. Even if you are being chased and you're good, they're gonna make you run until you hit the invisible wall past the sea-tower.
    When you can't find a single fight for hours, of-course you want godly-hop to stay.

The pop is low, ppl want to fight. Without bunny hop at the current state, everybody can initiate a fight if they spot you a kilometre away.

The thing is, they better forget about reaching up to 10k since more players will leave as they come, especially when begone/stormblast at 75 are not even starter abilities and there's no tutorial in game teaching you how to do it(maybe soon) and they claim the NPE is a priority.

But i have to wonder, why you keep arguing with these guys? Realize that this is not your game, it's their game. I've realized that a long time ago. There's certainly something you don't like about DnD to not root for the game that has been made for you; you can die from fall damage, the faster you go while hopping, the more stam you will lose on your next jump.

I came here because their hotbar system is better(I don't need a script), the grind is faster(online med, i don't care about scrolls, i hate this system).
    With the most recent DnD patches tho, power-hour, better weapons, better gains, mob with higher health/resistance giving more gains, linked skills system... i'm picking-up DnD at launch for those reasons. My character is almost completed on ROA so i chose to stay.

Edit

Funny how they jump on you when you're clearly new to darkfall. If you don't know claus, it means you're not from DF UW neither. I tell ya, the worse community ever.

#184 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Kwatos and kilrath81 like this.
  5. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

i argue for the better of the community in my eyes. It isnt my game and Shouldn't be those power players game either, Its BPG's game. I got no issues with skills that give bursts of speed, the b jumping is bad for the game to me. I had a friend play here so i came here and didn't know anything about DnD, spent too much time here and paid the legendary pack to then go over there, also everyone says over there is more dead then here. I enjoy going out and PVPing, I enjoy a good fair fight, I enjoy the odd unfair but close fight. I dont enjoy the "Creative use of game mechanics" players use to lord their godlyness over others.

I love lots of things about ROA. It needs more fixes, more content and it needs New Player Murdering Movement System Exploiters to be removed from it so it can thrive. I realize no matter what they do someone will find a new way to "Cleverly use game mechanics" to shit all over a character but today for instance i got attacked. Dude bunny hopped to me and i seen him coming i instantly changed direction bunny hopped at a 90° from his behind a rock then spawned a mount and rode off. Bunny hop kinda saved my ass there, i would of rather fight and die due to the fact bunny hopping didn't exist. It can be used for both sides, it isn't bad for victims if they use it as well, it isn't bad for attackers that want that pounce type attack but if it was gone altogether it would benefit everyone. Smarter mount tactics, Use of speed boost skills at the right times only (i played a tiny bit of UW and loved the destro dash, The archer dash was longer and faster but knowing how to get them in somewhere they shouldn't want to be and dashing in after them was so satisfying). id love more Fight controlling skills for ingress and egress just not the bunny hop method.

i believe bunny hopping needs to go, mounted archery in a very thought out form needs to be added, movement burst skills implemented and things like begone and shrapnel and spikes and shit not effect the person casting. If people are good enough to throw a begone to send an ally flying forward, awesome, Lots of skill and communication there and it always leaves a dude behind which would thin their numbers. One of the events we seen dudes just at the edge of our render range then a burst of begones and shit and a whole wall of dudes (between 10 and 15 of them) come flying mach chicken towards us. They didn't get us but we left the event because that was the gayest thing we ever seen in darkfall to date. A bunny-hopping tsunami of gayness.

6. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

I'm with scrubby. Games combat was funnest before bunny hopping, juggle cycling, and blind spam... seemed much more skill based. We won't even bring up WoF, it has made so many people quit this game, including myself.

greatdane likes this.
  7. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

like this right?
    that looked like fun to me, i dont find the bunny hopping juggle cycling blind fest either to be fun long term, in fact no one does. it just gets boring for some reason. 90% of the current roa population could be in favor of bunny hopping/juggling blinds/wof and that overall # would pale in comparison to what darkfall used to have, do you see the point yet? be brave and truly look at the bigger picture here ;) make darkfall's success top priority. not personal nostalgia for broken mechanics

8. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

I don't know if showing that video was a troll or what... but showing a wolf meleeing not sprinting is not an example of what i was talking about.
    --- Post updated ---

You won't find a bunnyhop, hardly any juggling, and 1 wof in this whole video. When we raided cities, we raided, scroachily, to the death. Not scroachily until we b-hopped miles away and turned and killed a dude low stats.

9. billysunday

Legend

its a beta video yea? obviously its not polished but atleast it didnt have non stop bunny hops wofs blindspam and juggles.

10. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Well when you link shit like that, people are like, ya... thats what he wants the game to be like. Then they just wont listen to a word you say past that video.

11. billysunday

Legend

vid has 80,000 something views, probably helped with df hype back then, i cant hate on it. not worried about what anyone thinks about that vid or my opinions other than bpg devs. and i know they dont hate it, they love darkfall obviously. so no im not scared of showing that vid lol

12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

You won't see them post that advertising the game I assure you. They understand the video is out dated and doesn't represent the fast based combat that drives this game and keeps it around even after AV's misdeeds. Yes it has 80,000 views, once upon a time this game had alot of players. Doesn't change the fact that showing people video A and video B... clearly video B was more entertaining, showing the fast paced side of combat that we love, and was not all about juggles/blinds/wofs.

13. billysunday

Legend

"once upon a time this game had alot of players." yes, that was my only point here man, not advertising or comparing vids. if bpg likes your vid that doesnt have juggles/bhops//blinds/wof then great, otherwise i do not care about why you seem to be triggered over me not picking your vid that i didnt know existed, jesus fucking christ

14. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Has to do with you showing beta footage from 9 years ago as your motivational video from the era before the blind, juggle, bhop, wof era. It was counter productive to promoting what you want. It validated that you are not one to be listened to.

15. billysunday

Legend

let it go man, i dont even care about that beta vid, i care about a large population for darkfall