Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

yup and im sold

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kilrath81 likes this.
  2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Being totally empty on mana would cause you to have to cast some health to manas, so that would naturally make you a bit weaker. Heal mount draining stamina as well, just at a slower rate than mana, would work though.
    --- Post updated ---
    See this is why we need race changes so I can switch to wolf and finally play out my furry + my little pony fantasies

3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I'm liking because I find the idea of channeled heal mount pretty interesting

As for mounts going different speeds I hated that in Unholy Wars in all it's forms. My argument behind it is that it makes escape HARDER and favors the chaser. I didn't like it done to me and I didn't like DOING it to anyone else

If me and my friend see you I jump off mine shoot your mount ONCE and he keeps riding gains distance jumps off hits your mount even once and I jump on his we're going to catch you almost everytime...

Am I really the only one who liked the mount system before bluetails ever got added?

My fondest memories are when regular mounts and battlehorns were the go to, mounted combat was actually useful, and land bunny hopping wasn't abused quite so much

This mount Stamina system is just an exploit waiting to happen especially with some mounts being able to sprint longer than others

When I set up the Pony express outside someone's city to bait/escape I bet it's going to get annoying as fuck for them real quick

There are people in this community much better at figuring out and willing to "abuse" certain mechanics than I am...and I have several ideas already

#43 Battle Smurf, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    kilrath81 likes this.
  4. Aristos Giannes

Hero

We've already found a way to basically be sprinting constantly, but its not exactly ideal for escaping someone. Good to know the slow system doesnt work well in action, i didnt play UW much so I wouldnt know. Do you think itd be different with the sprint system now? In that an injured mount would be forced to sprint to keep distance but it wouldnt be able to keep it up for long, so the player would need to make it to back up asap. You could make mount sprint the same speed regardless of the mount's hp, and the only difference in speed would be the base, non-sprinting speed.

5. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

I actually think that slowing the mount as it takes damage is the most logical solution here. This is already a thing with boats. A mount shouldn't be able to run/sprint at full speed with 7 arrows sticking out of it's ass.

6. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

No vote here, it was never intended AV just kept it around because they thought it was cool. You shouldn't be able to catch someone on a mount or using magic. That's what mounts and ships are for... Risk vs Reward imo.

On the other hand I vote yes on mounted archery!

7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I vote stop bunny hopping, add mounted archery with aim Bob, make mounts lose speed after 50 percent damage, add player to mount transfers at a loss (more taken from rider than can be regened naturally then given to the mount with a decent cool down) 30 Stam from player to 10 mount or something and make players lose Stam when riding no matter sprinting or not so they can Stam out and not be able to transfer anymore) same with hp like 15 to 7. more cc skills/spells something that makes the mount unable to sprint for a time. spells/skills that disable a players jump or makes them fat walk for a period of time. Lots of ways to make combat interesting without nerfing mounts and buffing an exploited system.

Ps,
    I think the low numbers of votes on this poll tells us that it's the same small handful of people arguing with each other lol.

#47 kilrath81, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  8. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

if you want a bigger population get rid of bunny hopping, it looks stupid AF even if its fun, its an instant turn off for new players ive seen it first hand. a RL friend of mine on his 2nd day seen a dude bunny hop away and was like " dafuq is that flower shit" even after i explained it i could tell he already wrote the game off, he hasnt been on since. he is a very hardcore mmorpg grinder and a great fps player. but these little things can send people running away from the game faster than you can bunny hop

9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

What fps games does he play? There are several that have bunny hopping. Quake and csgo for example.

Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  10. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

If this bunny hopping exploit is allowed to continue then new players will think "what other exploits are going on I don't know about and nothing is being done?"

As I said the one time burst of speed is fine. the bunny hops after need to go or at the very least cause warning, warning, ban type of response. all they would need to do is have a counter on land. if haven't been on land for at least 1 or 2 seconds don't allow the jump.

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

no

12. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Do you think it'd look better if they added some animation that would make it look more 'realistic' instead of a bug? I'm thinking the player maybe casting a spell at his feet that looks like a burst of air every time he hops or something.
    --- Post updated ---
    Are you for real? Banning people for bunny hopping? I'm starting to think you're an alt of Fnights.

RootedOak and Grimtide like this.
  13. billysunday

Legend

i know he plays battlefield tribes paladins and that new savage game that i think is already dead. and yes i think an animation change would have atleast helped somewhat.

but first impressions are a motherfucker

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

You can shine up a turd but in the end it's still just a turd.

I also said 2 warnings first. if you bug mobs and exploit geometry you can get banned. this no different.

15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I've played tribes before and there is bunny hopping in that too lol

Aristos Giannes and RootedOak like this.
  16. billysunday

Legend

put that in the new trailer for darkfall in spring " tribes also has bunny hopping so its ok" lets see how many people come running to play . lol

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I'm sure it isn't as powerful as it is here. people an literally chase down a Ferrari if it were in this game. if players can achieve these speeds bunny hopping how can the server figure out who is exploiting something that is "ok" to exploit and someone who is speed hacling?

18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

In tribes, if you're skilled enough you can ski or hop faster than other people and still aim shots based on trajectory prediction.

Grimtide likes this.
  19. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

That is seriously fucked up.

20. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

nah fuck that, i want circle wobble