Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Ark Survival Evolved does this and it's pretty balanced honestly. When I heard it I thought it'd be OP but you can only shoot in a like a 90 degree cone in front of the mount, so you always have to be facing your target WITH the mount, and it's in first person. It's pretty difficult to do it well. I could see Darkfall adding it like this and it not being OP.

Scrapnotcrap and Battle Smurf like this.
  2. Good Friday

Good Friday Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

+1 After chasing someone from Elish to the coast because they had 3 mounts on them yesterday mounts are op. Bluetails are total shit now too btw. Mounted archery or magic would allow you to keep up with them when they pop their third mount and abuse the mounts fresh new stamina bar. That or make mount running use player stamina, not have their own damn stamina bar for each new one you pop.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Y
    U were the onext dumb enough to chase him that far. gg on him. he won you lost. what makes you think you have the unreasonable right to engage him in a fight if he doesn't want to? you want a fight he doesn't who gets what they want? the more prepared and witty one. this time it was the guy with 3 mounts.

4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

[​IMG]

I'm not a tribes's vet, but i dare you guys comparing tribes's skiing with the act of bunny hopping in any game.

In tribes, you only have to hold right click to skii and it's part of the tutorial. It's the easiest thing to do in the game, even a baby can do it.
    It might have been an exploit in tribes 1, but in tribes 2, it's a feature. Bunny hopping never was a feature in any game i ever tried.

Start comparing DF's bunny hopping with skiing when it will require us to hold the space-bar to bunny hop all the way with no fall damage, which means, no consequences as you bunny hop.

Ok wait, there's only one game i know where bunny hopping is actually a feature, but since there's no tutorial on how do it, most ppl think it's an exploitation. In Savage: Resurrection, if you hold space-bar in-between hops, you will never fail a hop. Actually trying to bunny hop like in savage 1 is hard and that's what i tried to do at first until i figured-out how easy it actually is.

So i know that nobody wants bunny hopping in DF to become easy to perform, so why the hell are we comparing skiing with bunny hop?

#84 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  5. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

So i know that nobody wants bunny hopping in DF period. didnt they make that clear when the pop started with what 50k purchases and ended with 100 or so people before it finally shut down. this is the point people are trying to make... even if all the people playing beta right now said " touch bhopping and im out" or "touch wof and im out" or "change instant rays and im out" it wouldnt matter at all, get rid of it. its the reason the pop sucks, AND not to mention that its a total bluff on their part. do you honestly believe they wouldnt want to relive the old DF launch population #s again. come the fuck on.

when the flash put out that trade route video i loved it, it was like witnessing a miracle because i know what i was looking at. it really was a cool little moment but it doesnt belong in an mmorpg with this setting. I can tell you honestly that i enjoy using these mechanics, but i also can see the plain truth when i look around at this empty ass world and its sad because the potential is there to repopulate this game. ( add alot more ways to make your char to become different from others for one)

the future of darkfall there will be tears either way. do you want to cry for the loss of bhopping/wof/instarays/. or do you want to cry when the game dies again. i would rather mourn the loss of a game mechanic that is dumb AF over the loss of the whole game again.

6. Good Friday

Good Friday Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

YEAH WHO WANTS TO MAKE PEOPLE FIGHT, THIS GAME IS ABOUT CRAFTING NICE THINGS

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

should not be able to keep up with them. ever

8. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

You shouldn't MAKE people fight. The game should be designed to incentivize people to fight, but the ones that choose not to should be able to get away if they are crafty enough to do so.

Korag likes this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Exactly forcing everyone to play the same is the exact OPPOSITE of a sandbox type mmo. mounts are in the game for fast travel, spells to fast travel were an accident. People were never ment to outrun or keep up with a mount.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  10. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

If you weren't in a state to pop and win and some dude was chasing you while you had something possibly valuable on you you're saying you would just stop dismount and fIght and lose? come on now

11. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Legend

Completely disagree with all the people that want a guaranteed way to never lose their gear bag. If I can just pop a mount and ride away with no repercussions, THAT is when the game is broken. This is a full loot, open world pvp MMORPG. It is not an "I'm going to keep all my shit safe because I have a mount" MMORPG.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sure, but "Get on mount, ride straight" is not crafty.

Good Friday likes this.
  12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

there is no guarentee you will get away on a mount. it is about how you play and if you allow the person to mount up or are inaccurate with your shots and or initial hops. they can be taken out still. but it is up to player skill just like the so called skill of b hopin across the map.
    only difference is it levels the playing field a bit, ya don't have to be a pro hopper to have a chance of escaping now, and pro hoppers have to be quick sneaky and have a good aim. it does not remove skill to the game it adds it if anything.

13. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

What does this mean?
    --- Post updated ---
    It definitely does not raise the skill ceiling. Pressing your hot key for your mount and tapping space bar every so often is not skillful.

Seven back hits on a racial mount to bring it down, and people carry two now.

Fengor and Super Star like this.
  14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

After reading some of these responses these forums really need a dislike button, man.

Sithra and Nat like this.
  15. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

If dude has 3 mounts and gets away too bad for you. try again next time. sorry to hear you think you should be able to kill anyone anytime despite what they want to do. people need to get the "it's a pvp game" out of their heads. the game needs to be more then that. get better at chasing or lose the kill.

#95 kilrath81, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Korag likes this.
  16. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

That would be fun but I have to protect my likes so get out of here!

Good Friday and Fengor like this.
  17. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Being able to sacrifice health to gain movement is a solid thought process. However, it caused the meta to become... fight until you are losing, and then run until you are winning... which should not ever be a way to win. If you get to flawlessed to 10% hp, and your enemy is 100% and you begin bunny hopping on foot to run, you can in turn force your opponent who flawlessed you to give that 99% health in order to keep up with your bunny hop. You start running at 10%, they start at 90. You super hop down to 1 hit because your health can not go any lower... at this point the chaser is simply killing themselves if they chase you. It has turned every fight into a chase. It has turned winning out numbered to legitely killing dudes 2v5, to o shit 5... run..... they are all low, TURN! Shit has always been gay and has made running the deciding factor in whether you win or lose. I believe the movement while you're fighting and killing your target is what is skill based. Not the movement of tapping spacebar at the end up your jump to keep your momentum. It has taken the main skill of the game from aiming, movement while aiming, conversions, and weapon swapping... down to the most valuable thing you can learn to do is bunny hop and run away.... it is the most effecient way to remove health bars when outnumbered...

Guess my thought is back in the day to win outnumbered, we fought and removed ur health bar with damage from a bow staff or melee weapon from 100% to dead. Now days to win outnumbered you run and get your enemy to remove their health bar via bunny hopping, not actually killing them with your weapon, however killing them with dumb game mechanics. If you put yourself, or allow yourself to be in a dumb situation you should have to fight to the death, or spawn a mount and hope you can manage a way to a bank/chaos bank to downgear as they chase you down mounted.

Let's not act like you can not catch people on a mount. Spawn a mount yourself and bunny hop down terrain onto them, this way no stats are lost reversing the winner of the fight simply by running. Sad day when the biggest bragging rights in the game are how skilled at running away you are.

Andrew, Lord Zanuul, Korag and 4 others like this.
  18. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

guess what tho

wofs and zergs

19. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

We all agree wof's need to go away, and it will be changed to the point it may as well be doing just that. Zergs - most zerglings cant aim for shit and kill your mount as you mount away, most zerglings can tap space bar as they begone at this point. I'd rather take the risk of them catching me on my mount than the current meta. Literally, raid a city... get their attention... "RUN"... once all stats are shit from chasing "AMBUSH AT SET LOCATION"... back in the day when we raided cities we went in and fought and if you won or you loss... you fought... at the city, trying to whipe it.

Now days you go knock on the gate to the city, inform them you're there, request they chase you to even out the stat pools, then fight. Shits gay. Bring back the days of damaging your enemy with a weapon to kill them, not getting them to damage themselves via chasing you to kill them.

Korag, Sithra and Battle Smurf like this.
  20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

still happens

will never happen with the crew ur playing with though, too much pixel hugging to take risks like that