Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

this trailer got me interested in DF like it did for a lot of people. not 1 bhop in that trailer. i want to play that game, bhops and wof dont allow for anything like whats shown in that trailer

I'm saying people are forgetting the setting. elvs orcs dragons knights and dungeons. this is not tribes . a vast majority have spoken with their dollars in the past and bhopping was just 1 huge reason (of many) why they quit.

2. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

It was that they didn't want to grind to get the bunnyhopping spells that made them probably quit then blamed the mechanic in frustration.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    RootedOak likes this.
  3. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Just don't chase. be patient. force them to come back and engage or leave them out there holding their ducks. people are so aggressive. maybe it's because I'm old but I have no time for chasing people around.

Sithra likes this.
  4. billysunday

Legend

grind falls under (of many reasons why they quit) but bhops and wofs are cancer. its undeniable

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I dislike wofs, I like bhop. If you played solo and pvp'd solo you'd understand.

6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Its just meant to get u interested not be realistic. If the game actually played out like that trailer did, it would have died a long time ago because they made combat look like shit and slow. Complete opposite of what it actually is

7. billysunday

Legend

if you read my previous post in this thread you would know that i also enjoy the mechanic and play solo. but i can see for the greater good and it just doesnt belong in this game if you want a real population

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I don't think bunny hopping is the big thing holding people back in droves man, lol.

Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  9. billysunday

Legend

no it just sent them away in droves man . lol

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I really think it's a lot of other things

Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

It's a small problem. but stacked with every other small problem it's part of a huge problem. and even as a small problem it's a problem none the less.

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

It definitely does not raise the skill ceiling. Pressing your hot key for your mount and tapping space bar every so often is not skillful.

Seven back hits on a racial mount to bring it down,
    Darkfall has never been that trailer. Ever.

13. billysunday

Legend

i dont know, someone posted and old video of DF of 9 wolves defending in cave vs 20 or more. seemed close to me. personally the mar shral seige video val roth posted is one of my favs , and it has wofs bhops all the shit that killed game overall. im saying look at the bigger picture. ever think BECAUSE the game has never been that trailer that it eventually failed? i do

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

LOL you think we didn't have zergs in 2009 or something homie?

We were killing zergs just fine looong before bunny hopping or even dolphin jumping became mainstream

Wof does need to be removed though

Game got worse when Bluetails (which destroyed mounted combat) and bunny hopping to an extreme became standard

Dixie Normus likes this.
  15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Zergs in 2009 were god damned awful with basically 1 week old in todays game worth of a character or worse. Let's be honest, the player base, when populated, is FILLED with those kinds of players. That is what makes the game feel populated. I have no problem with zergs. Having a way to beat them or escape them is important to me but I guess it's not so important to zergs. The game will never repeat 2009 playerbase though. Most people at least understand how the games basic combat works even if they aren't good enough to pull off the meta game the good players do. This eliminates the possibility of ever winning 1v20's like people did in early DFO.

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The only reason Val Roth and his friends were killing everyone back then (and probably making them unsubscribe) was because their characters were so far ahead of everyone that mere mortals had to spend months to get close to their capabilities.

Like myself, I no-lifed it for 6 months living in some of the worst holdings to get my character maxed. Eight hours of grinding per day at least. Anyone would quit that shit. I'm just insane.

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

lots of darkfall in there... 4v1 rape... systematic search and destroy... missing the crazy sprint glitch zip across the screen, likely why they filmed it walking instead of running.

18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Not referring to the guy riding a mount being more skilled, referring to a smart player not allowing a mount rider to escape, cmon man I should not have to explain this.

billysunday likes this.
  19. billysunday

Legend

This pretty much sums up this whole thread

20. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

It was a completely different experience early game before all the CC became the meta. Fighting and even dying to zergs was actually fun then because it wasn't getting insta-disabled in a wof and insta popped when you have no control over your character. You actually got to fight it out the entire time. Hell even fire knock ups, confusion, pungent and eye rot weren't things back then. Part of the reason bhopping became so 'necessary' was because of the ever increasing amounts of CC. It wasn't just wof, its just the biggest most blatant offender. Its also the 3 blinds, the handful of knock ups that can be spammed and come hither.

Basically all CC is a force multiplier, not just wof. Wof is just the most anti skill of them all. Not to mention they are simply unfun mechanics at their core. The game is and was at its best combat wise early game, before all of that shit gets ground out and spammed in the field. Early game its a completely different and more fun experience getting zerged than it is late game.