Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

I find it comical when people rage at begone as if it were a one shot one kill spell. There are so many ways to deal with it if you want to run. Use terrain, use elevation changes, manage your mount stamina, carry two mounts, encourage them to bhop and then turn on them when they are low hp, bhop is straight line only so lure them to bhop in one direction and turn the other way...I'm sure there is more options I'm not thinking of at the moment get creative. I am just tired of hearing " OMGZ they cast begones and 1000 puppies died and like everyone quit darkfall". Take it or leave it, wont change my opinion of Roa but I assure you the ones screaming the loudest and grossly over exaggerating its effect on the game will never be satisfied until they have a personal I win button built into their GUI, preferably depressed with nothing more than a thought..... Just sayin

2. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I will be happy when bunny hopping is gone. begone as it is is fine. bunny hopping isn't. this isn't an arena it's a rpg.

Actually I feel begone shouldn't hit the caster at all. it's begone to make people begone... not super hop. take knock up off spikes. make shrapnel not propel the caster either.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

I get the feeling they dont intend to remove it based on the last change they made, making it so you could bhop in any direction instead of just the northern one. A change like that at least suggests to me they will let it stand. Im no coder/developer but I am an R&D engineer and I never make improvements to something I plan to shitcan. But again it doesnt make or break the game for me personally.

Grimtide likes this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Well we're not out of the woods on the subject. Because the directional change was a bug that effected all knockback and movement abilities.

Grimtide likes this.
  5. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

Yeah that is a good point, it wasnt a change just for begone i guess.

6. Kalos

Kalos Varangian Warthane
    Legend

what the fuck does either an RPG or an Arena have to do with bunny hopping?
    All of your posts contain HIV AIDs.

7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Because a rpg is a more logically based progression game. an arena is balls to the wall pvp with all kinds of wacky mechanics. darkfall isn't reality based but come on. bunny hopping should kill your player after a couple jumps at least.

8. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

df has plenty of ways to die, no need to add falling to the list, just get rid of dem god hops its killing my immersion bro

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

If you want to nerf god hops, bring back 75 Begone. With 50 Begone it's actually really easy to get no-damage hops.

10. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

You mean wobble.
    --- Post updated ---
    Bunnyhopping was one of the reasons the group I played with at launch decided to move on from darkfall.

This isn't an arena shooter.

11. billysunday

Legend

begone should be PBAOE knockback with a staff casting animation of slamming the ground with your staff like gandalf and your char should scream on spell charge up" YOU SHALL NOT" and then " PASS !!!" on release. tho i would only use it like this " YOU SHALL NOT .... BANK STARE!!!" at my bank 24/7

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

"Darkfall is not for everyone." -Claus Grovdal

SuB ZeRo, Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  13. billysunday

Legend

Who is that and why is his attitude so shitty? and why would you want people to think you share his shitty opinions that will keep this game at a low pop forever.

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

The original designer of Darkfall before AV purchased his company named Razorwax. He also owned 40% of the AV stock shares until 2015.

Also the rationale is: Because people are dissatisfied with the mainstream MMOs, they wanted to design a niche MMO.
    --- Post updated ---

Fengor and Scrubby Bear like this.
  15. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Imagine that, a self entitled person with a physical handicap that can only play the game with one hand wants the game dumbed down so its easier to play with one hand.

16. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Imagine that, an Internet tough guy who doesn't know his own ass from a hole in the ground trying hard to troll on a darkfall forum. most original my friend.

17. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

SuB ZeRo and Fengor like this.
  18. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

19. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Hahaha.

I'm all for bhopping in CSGO and Quake, and even Darkfall for that matter. I do think the Darkfall BHOP needs to be limited in some way but not sure if the physics system could handle it in the way I envision. Infinite hops is probably bad game design, having a limit to like 6-7 hops and then you can pop a mount and sprint would be fine I think. Would want other peoples opinions on that one.

I do think bspikes should do more self damage.

20. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Poor guy. your life must be pretty shitty to try and make fun of a "disabled person" for something that was explained in plain English had nothing to do with the original post. I think you need to take both reading comprehension courses and some sessions with a psychiatrist. you have my pity sir