Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Bring back 75 begone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grimtide, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Bring back old 75 magnitude begone?

1. Yes - list reason

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No - list reason

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Other - list reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

got'eeeeeeeem

seriously though, if you want more buffs for destroyer right now, well...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #161 Inositol, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
    Fengor likes this.
  2. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Y
    Yea cause they are so buffed everyone is running them right? lol. not the point of this post. begone should stay as it is at the very least unless bunny hopping is eliminated.

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I'm playing destro for the first time in shit gear with 150 ping and i'm doing more than fine with barely any experience.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Wait till you get juggled by 2 hybrids lol. I dropped destro.

5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

squirreling and parrying is something available to everyone with no grind

6. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Naw I got surprised one day by 2 really good night crow guys. I got one wof then knock up and disabled hit front and back then when I hit the ground knocked up again hit some more then when I got down and tried to get away to stat got the second wof knock up and finished. happened pretty fast. was only in plate scale but huge hits to the back inability to block or move really took the fun out of things.

7. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Probably the same outcome as mage though.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Don't judge game balance from a 2v1 against players better than you.

SuB ZeRo, Battle Smurf and Fengor like this.
  9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Possibly. but as mage I might of been able to throw them off a bit with blinds or my own wof to maybe throw their aim off enough to break their focus. all I could do was fire a couple arrows.

Destro basically requires something like bunny hop to be viable. I liked destro for what I felt it should be but I don't like the bunny hop mechanic. I can bunny hop fine. just don't like doing it. feels like I'm cheating. I'm also a very casual player like lots of other players would likely be so someone that isn't casual with a stat/skill/spell/gear advantage PLUS the ability to zoom across the screen at you will turn a vast majority of players off. Especially casuals.

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Confusion is the only blind that would realistically effect both of them and destroyers can use it as well.

11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Granted, still heavy hybrid seems to be where it's at. you have to be a very well geared destro to take out a heavy hybrid of equal skill it seems. a lot of people complain about destro and drop it. the point is even wanting to be destro and bunny hop being essential to a destro to get on a mage or hybrid it still shouldn't be in the game. I'm pretty sure a vast majority of people who will play this game won't like it in the game and the ones who would quit if it was gone would be a minority.

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

If they could figure out how to code this then ya it makes sense

13. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

Bunnyhopping was one of the reasons the group I played with at launch decided to move on from darkfall.

This isn't an arena shooter.
    I agree but for enough population to make the game enjoyable we need to make the game more noob friendly.

You cannot think the game pop as is will be successful and I know a lot of people are unhappy about it. the game pop will steadily decrease after launch like every other time unless some changes are made.

For example a new player rides a mount to escape a player only to see that player overtake him easily by bunnyhopping over a long distance.

I'm not talking about one begone jump here.... when it is greatly abused , the game mechanic is just ridiculous at that point.

That was quoted but that developer was not aware of that game mechanic and it's unintended use. land and water begone were discovered by players. that spell was originally meant to just push someone away.

#173 helgrik, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    kilrath81 and billysunday like this.
  14. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

waaaa i can't bhop more than two jumps lets get rid of it!!! I also cant aim or hit spells consistently so lets add crosshair wobble so everyone else sucks just like me. I also spend a lot of time pve'ing so i dont want people to steal my gear when i die, please get rid of full loot.

Fuck off carebears, this isn't the game for you.

15. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

COOL

16. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Apparently it isnt the game for you either, cause if its full of people like you, its gonna be dead. People propose ideas for the DEVS to see and players to discuss. If you dont like one small part of it you turn and attack like a rabid dog. Perhaps you are only here to make sure the game dies.

17. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

Imagine going to a FPS forum and telling them to get rid of guns and add in unicorns instead. You'd be told to fuck off instantly because your ideas are terrible and serve 0 purpose to the game.

You are essentially doing the same here. You have suggested getting rid of full loot, hiding mobs on map, getting rid of bhopping, and making destro easier. You want to get rid of content, make NPE harder, and make pvp meta easier.

Darkfall does need big changes, most notably in content and NPE. Your ideas go strictly against what this game needs. You are the toxic community.

Fengor, apophis, Grimtide and 4 others like this.
  18. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

im having a hard time with your inability to read and understand... at what point did it say get rid of full loot? Mobs arent on the map now, so how is having them there when they are discovered a bad thing? Bunny hopping is an exploit of the movement system... it should be gone, if you dont beleive this you exploit the shit out of it and are in the minority for wanting to keep it. Destro needs to be better or be removed, again from the amount of people i have talked to in this game, Destro is stupid as it is and it gets dropped for hybrid. What content do i want to remove? how am i making NPE harder? and pvp meta? seriously? you think that shit was thought up by anyone in any dev team for this game? Meta is built by players, if the pvp mechanics change so does the meta, it doesnt mean easier or harder just different and that scares you to death.

19. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

"Would be nice if you couldn't steal boats. maybe make it so only spawning alliance can drive it once spawned"
    Can't take an item crafted by players and used in the open world? That's getting rid of full loot.

In that thread the OP suggested to show all mobs/holdings/etc onto the map so people wouldn't have to alt tab to see that information. You suggested that mobs should be discovered. That would make NPE harder because noobs would still be forced to alt tab rather than press M and find them easily.

I'm the minority for wanting to keep bhopping? That's fucking hilarious.
    https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/official-game-design-poll-2-bunny-hopping.2725/page-14
    70% of this forum voted to keep the mechanic or make changes. 30% wanted to nerf it 100%. Do you understand which number is bigger? It's not our fault you suck ass at this game and can't compete.

You got shit on in your destro suggestion topic. Nobody agrees with your changes. You remind me of an old friend, he'd complain nonstop that everyone on the road was an asshole and they were all wrong. I drove with him, he was the worst fucking driver on the road and failed miserably to understand driving etiquette. You are exactly the same here, you so badly think you're right but you couldn't be more wrong.

I gladly accept GOOD pvp changes. Buffing destro is not a good pvp change. Once again, you are trash at this game. Your perspective of PVP is not the standard.

#179 SuB ZeRo, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Fengor and Young guns like this.
  20. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

The boat suggestion IS NOT getting rid of full loot. You kill the player you get his loot. You destroy the ship and get some ship mods off of its "corpse" aka looting the ship without just being gay and zerging a ship deck and sailing away.

The OP suggested all mobs be shown on the map, this mechanic does not exist i offered a possible different scenario where you discover the mobs and listed reasons why, This does not make NPE harder it would make it easier then it is now with some discovery involved. NPE is currently harder with NO markings on the map

374 votes bud... if that is the total population of darkfall its already over. lern2math. That poll will not show how many people quit because of it or in a way effected by it, its also assuming that everyone who reads anything in these forums voted. Bhopping will keep the population down, like it or not.

I dont care about the destro topic... i posted it for discussion and a bunch of hybrids freaked out scared they would lose top spot. Doesnt change the fact that 90% of the people i played with dropped destro because it wasnt as viable as hybrid.

YOU dont think changing destro or bunny hopping may be good pvp change, luckily i dont have to convince you. The wallets of the devs will do the convincing for them. They can keep the game as is and if that vote is as concrete as you seem to think it is they can enjoy their 167 players with some of the other 94 fence sitters. im done responding to you, its like trying to have a discussion with that special needs kid that pushes carts at walmart. I want to know how he feels about the current political climate of north america and he is responding with "Pikachu is the greatest Avenger that ever lived".

Madmatt likes this.