Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Broken things.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jarlaxle Baenre, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Jarlaxle Baenre

Jarlaxle Baenre Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Patron Supporter Contributor

1. Global timer for new drops, pigments, glue, slime. They are on a global timer. Only one player every 15plus minutes get the single rare mats across agon. Per item. One glue every 15 min, one type of pigment every 15 min, one slime every 15 min. For an entire server. These restriction are unjust.
    2. Pigments cannot be split.
    3.Crashing, there have been more crashes and load screen crashes. I have been sent/teleported to some weird locations. Not a bindstone either.
    4.Come hither is nerfed. It feels like level one with a dawnstaff.
    5.Key and map drops are still not acceptable for how rare they are. Still getting dye solution which i can buy for 100 gold on vendor on theyril and lenspar chest key loot tables.

#1 Jarlaxle Baenre, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Is this for real?

3. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

1. The global loot was set for testing and will have more values returned soon.
    2. will fix this.
    3. Need more information for this.
    4. we didn't intentionally nerf it, but we will look and see what, if anything is causing issues.
    4. The dye solution doesn't affect the rest of the loot chances on these, they are just an additional bonus. We are monitoring and discussing loot drops all the time and will get back to chests and treasure maps for additional changes.

Also I just now realized you split this up into different groups, thanks for that. It's easier to manage that way.

Billy Lee, Dum Dum and Blaze like this.
  4. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

So this was intentional, yet no one else at BPG had any idea about it when I reported it an hour after the server came up

So... After reporting it, and being told it wasn't intentional, the game was patched, but instead of being a 100% drop once the global cooldown was up, it became a % chance drop, but with the global timer still fully intact...

So what was the intention here? to artificially limit the number of dye ingredients that can drop? To limit "alt abuse"?

If anything, this just encourages "alt abuse", with each spawn being on some arbitrary cooldown, the most efficient way to farm ingredients is to park multiple alts at different spawns, and tab into each one periodically...

Also, honestly, I and my clan were having more fun with the 100% drop chance on first kill mechanic that was in place on day one. We were plotting farm routes, finding chaos chests while traveling between spawns, it was just overall less tedious than camping a single spawn. If the timers were per-spawn instead of global, I think this would be / was a net positive change in regard to the overall PvE experience.

To bridge the gap in farming 'styles', dye ingredients could be added to slightly tougher mobs with lower / if any global CD, so if one were so inclined, they could camp a single spawn and receive a similar number of pigments? For instance, Lava Red drops from Kobolds, and could / should(imo) drop from lava golems.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Geezy likes this.
  5. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

+1

This is the correct answer.

I never ever farm with alts but last night I had a timer going and would alt tab in and kill a few mobs to get a pigment and glue then go back to farming real mobs on my main. It was very easy to do basically naked while afk standing in the noobie spawn never having to pop food or even transfer. If there ever was going to be a global cool down(shouldn’t be) it should be per mob spawn not globally for all mobs that drop that specific thing(glue/pigment). I basically cockblocked the global drop rate for glue for over 3 hours last night with minimal effort. Please fix this.

6. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

why not just % drop like portal shards

afking at spawns isn't really immersive gameplay

7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

No, leaving it was not intentional. It was setup a specific way for testing and was never returned. Some values were reverted the next day, but not all. They will be soon.

streaml1ne likes this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

To follow up on TJ's post a bit:

We often set up a variety of different environments and settings for testing of certain features to make it easier to test. In this case having a new loot system with a variety of common and rare drops we increased the spawn rates massively and used timers to allow us to confirm the system was dropping correctly. There's been issues in similar legacy systems that handled global loot and we wanted to test this new system in various scenarios to confirm it was working as intended. The values in the system were still on a testing mode that shouldn't have gone through to the live build.

One of the improvement areas that we're working on in our process is better more rigid tracking of bugs and blockers during the QA and Bug reporting processes especially. I'm still building an internal document on the process for each area to follow but it should result in fewer accidents like this in the future. In addition the community will have more visibility about bug reports making it onto our internal work flow via the linked task ID numbers you'll see appearing on bug reports.

Geezy likes this.
  9. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

Fantastic

10. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

YOU FIX IT YET?

11. Jarlaxle Baenre

Jarlaxle Baenre Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Patron Supporter Contributor

Everything on this list is still broken. Hope they can address them sooner then later. Only one level 50 dye crafter on server maybe 2.

12. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Any progress on removing global timers from dyes/dye mats? I've just hit 75 dye crafting, and the mat grind is a little tedious. I farmed around 100 Gorra Dars the other day and got 0 of the Gorra Spit. An update on this issue would be most appreciated.

13. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Agreed. I farmed 70 crogs and got 0 slime and I farmed 70ish gorra and got 1 spit. Drop rates are still messed up. Or they are correct and that stuff is just that rare by design which is kinda dumb since it’s for a fluff item in game that’s already tedious as hell since you have to gather 10 mats for a basic dye then upgrade it with glue which is rare then upgrade it again with slime and spit and then farm the pigment to make a tub of 2 dye? Seems kinda dumb to me and is turning off players from even thinking about leveling this.

14. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Dyes are a cool add-on and while should be something to get you out in the world to get, shouldnt be tedious to get... getting the colors is harder than getting the actual gear lol.

quietnoobz likes this.
  15. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

All the dyes should be purchasable on the vendor like the lvl 1 are. If you want to buy them and spend gold cool gold sink created but if you want to go out and farm then cool they should drop fairly often where It’s not a tedious thing.

quietnoobz and The Red King like this.
  16. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I think they should change it to Dye Tubs and make them rare drop as hell for the premium colors - would be used way more and be cool as fuck.

Have a nice gold sink for refilling the dye, or they can farm if they don't want to spend the money.

Stop with the Tedium... its 2020!!

quietnoobz likes this.
  17. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

issue existed for over 15 days now...
    so much for anticipating a dye patch, and then unable to farm em. stuck with ugly blue, and green, from vendor lol.

The Red King likes this.