Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Buff others

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oresmacker, Nov 20, 2017.

1. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

Yikes, I would scratch that one off the list.

Consolidate haste/range haste. Having to land both on a destroyer makes the play style (destro) pretty weak atm. I would say consolidate elemental buffs as well since they actually don't get used at all anymore, but I kind of feel like it would end up being OP -- not sure.

Consolidate self buffs.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Would hate a negative effect on cross buffs. plz dont do and ty for telling us. Sometimes ppl haste since a possible melee exchange could happen then the other group instead of hasting can keep distance and now gain more damage at range. Thnik making them last a tad longer, like even 10-20 seconds, would be way better than that concept, no matter if its steep or not.

Personally not sure what could be good beyond just making them last a tad bit longer, tho would say I like the idea of adding range haste to melee haste and consolidating x buffs, but not exactly sure if range haste being added to melee haste is needed like a small increase in duration might be.

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  3. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

If they upped the duration to a reasonable amount, and consolidated the haste buffs I would consider playing destro again. It's very rough in the world of agon as destro right now with everyone running around with 100 intensifies and such. I thought I'd never play nothing but destro until that patch :.(

4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Haste+rapid shot in 1 cast, i don't see nothing wrong with that. With iron skin along with that, i wouldn't mind.

As for destroyers, maybe, i don't fight enough in the open world to know due to the fact that i work during the day and on weekends too, but i've see good destroyers like Creampie doing a lot with a good support behind him against 4-5 players.

5. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Yea Creamie is a good destro, he also won't be caught in anything less than a Q5 infernal bag most of the time, that along with a good cobra and his ability to stat as a destro puts him in a different league. You can just ask yourself how many people are playing destro right now? And how many do you run across in the open field?

Anywhooo that's a different topic for a different time

Edit: I'm bad a destro and need to be hasted to do anything worth a shit for my group :p

6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

Buff others were pretty game breaking before the change, now they feel good for pvp imo. For pve it is weird to constantly refresh them, maybe you could add time to the duration for each time you hit a monster, more duration for slow weapons, less for fast. That way you maintain pvp balance and add quality of life to pve.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  7. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Please consolidate self buffs. All stats one buff, all elemental prot one buff, all physical one buff.

Nerfsy and Oresmacker like this.
  8. Nerfsy

Nerfsy Goblin Warlord

Please start doing community voting on things like this, with a 75%+ approval rating before a change can be implemented.
    Can't tell if you're being naive, drunk or haven't played the game outside of a solo environment.. Pivotal moment seems to be bullshit now;
    • Increased barrier-to-entry by X amount
    • Players have X more keybindings (I wouldn't mind more binds, The newbie's I recruited and taught absolutely hated having more than 45 binds to play, before quitting the game)
    • Added X confusion for newer player's
    Community begs for weeks & weeks for PvE quality of life on buff-others, but ya'll are like nah we'll just redesign it, Redesigned (de)buffs are not content...