Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Calling it a dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LegionXIX, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Dunk Slammington

Dunk Slammington Goblin Warlord

Yo momma so dumb when you inherited 10% of her stupid, you couldnt read.

Im done with you.

Thug Life likes this.
  2. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Insults, misconceptions and puerilities

The ingredients of success of any discussion that goes backwards.

Keep chiming in... I love Entomology.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Haha good one bro! Do you have anything to say about the thread topic??

4. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

We have multiple developers working on various aspects of the project, some putting in full time(+) hours a week, others working on a part time basis. All of us on the team are committed to making Darkfall: Rise of Agon the best game it can be, and we will keep working towards that each patch at a time.

Slayven, Skelly, Featherbeans and 5 others like this.
  5. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

So i guess that means race change tomorrow ?

6. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

No, but we have them on our road map for July.

Forgotten and TryHard like this.
  7. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

Does that mean they will come out in july? or you are doing the work for it in july?

8. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

I might have played for 10 minutes with my $10. Call me "getting old" but the game is not fun.. and I can't even stand just logging into hit some trees/bushes to start up and collect shit to make gear because they expect me to do that boring ass shit "actively" sorry BPG . I can't support this game that I waited SOO LONG to play because you've catered to the wrong crew here.

MikeJT and Zeiken like this.
  9. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

I understand why people assume a defeatist attitude over the current state of the game due to the perceived low population and lackluster roadmaps. Yes, I can agree that the roadmap is nothing to become excited about, but that's something that only time can tell and our actions as a community can play a major role in how it plays out.

Not so long ago the UW forums were filled with people wishing for a DFO revival with no updates and now that a group of devs have put their money where their mouth is, the community is shitting on them for doing exactly what the majority had only dreamed of doing.

I will admit that I am not currently playing the game, and that is for a handful of reasons.

The staff change pissed me off more than anything so far, and that's mainly because it made me feel that I needed to grind harder and carry more wealth on me to be competitive. More keybinds, more crafting, more loss on death that would just make me feel like logging out for the night rather than making more gearbags. Using multiple weapon types is sort of interesting, but I would view it mainly as a dueling tactic over use in general combat, mainly because I'm just not that wealthy ingame. We have no dueling system established in DFO and because of that, I just view the staff change as a larger gear gap between the wealthy and the new players (which is already huge to begin with due to stats and item ranks)

Rank 70 weapon reach isn't something that bothers me too much, but I'm not in a position to own that rank of weapon anyways. Actually, it should bother me MORE because of how inaccessible it is to some, but for whatever reason I just don't really care about it.

The next reason is a bit of a personal gripe based on my UW bias, but I really do not like the idea of transfers requiring reagents. In fact, when I last logged on I was ganked and lost my last bit of resin in the bank and that alone was a large reason for taking a decent break from the grind of it all. I don't like getting half way to where I'm going only to run out of reagents before I get there, and you burn through resin like it's nothing. Reagents for spells sure, but I view transfers as a basic right for all citizens of Agon and I believe that their cost should be removed, but many would likely disagree with that so whatever I'm not trying to argue it :p

I also do not like how clunky the controls still are, and switching weapons for spells is like pulling teeth when compared to nearly every other game out there. Weapon switch delays, clustered inventories and awkward, poorly-marked keybinds are a large turnoff for me.

Performance has improved lately though.

When reading the roadmap for myself, there was very little for me to get excited about and if we're being honest I skimmed it after getting half way through.

Now, to discuss veterans and their role in all of this.

I know that you have been playing this game for a long time. I know that you have done everything that there is to do and you're looking for more, but if you decide to take a break from the game for whatever reason, do not come to these forums or other game forums and shit all over the game by saying it's 'dead' or 'dying.' You are contributing to the problem. I saw this same thing happen with UW. When you say the game is dead you are killing it yourself.

You, the knowledgeable veteran, are just as responsible for promoting and sustaining the game that you love as the developers are, because let me remind you, the developers are/were players and community members just like you.

If you want the game to succeed you need to believe that it can succeed. You need to tell your friends, you need to explain things to new players and you must try to keep a positive attitude towards the game and the devs who are working on it.

Kurise LXV and mybsurchin like this.
  10. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I didn't even wear gear for weeks.

Slayven likes this.
  11. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

The irony of this post. Perfect.

Dunk Slammington likes this.
  12. remixninja

remixninja Goblin Scout

Noone is getting paid? Lol. The subscription amount we are paying must amount to well over the server / maintenance costs.

13. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

You ain't a math user are you

14. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Pretty dead for me! I just log on to duel now. No point wasting an hour or so looking for people!

Zeiken likes this.
  15. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

ooooooo a your momma joke fuck your cool man.....

16. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

I've seen you with peerless mob dropped gear, Beargrim :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Meth*

RootedOak likes this.
  17. Troy

Troy Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I havenĀ“t gathered at all, why do people think they need to do the boring stuff? Just do whatever you want. I just lvled my basic stuff on mobs. archery, melee. Just get the gold you need and scroll the stuff you want. Doesn't take long.

18. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

If you are asking me i will say something about the thread topic, "Calling it a dead", right.
    Just because you asked for it in an educated manner:

I agree with the OP, telling that the game is dead - is bad.

Maybe this was a needed thread, a necessary evil, but these kind of threads i am chiming in now are bad too.

Because of the thread nature - the debate has a tendency to slide into a scatological logorrhea fest with a negative dominant. Furthermore, the arguments everyone presents are prone to be focused on something else other than the fundamental question brought by the OP.

And this configures a case of pathological communication.

The rest is history.

Happy?

#98 Featherbeans, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Mycke likes this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Can we ask how many developers Taylor?
    --- Post updated ---
    I still don't