Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Came back 6 weeks ago. I was having almost as much fun as launch. Thats over now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bradtide, May 30, 2019.

1. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

Game seriously lacks content, we all know that. This game has a small player base and our devs can only do so much. I'm not taking anything away from what the Devs have done the last 2 years. absolutely A+.

I came back to the game 6 weeks ago and since a server war has started and we have had so many offensive and defensive sieges literally non stop. We've gained holdings, we've lost holdings, but thats one of the greatest things about this game for me are huge siege fights, siege preps, strategies, the heat of a 50 v 50 battle. Doesn't get much better content than that imo. From the way it looks to me is that Blackwater who own what, 25 holdings? complained and finally the devs changed sieges to 500k / 1mill. With that being said they've effectively removed, or greatly reduced sieges. Just wow......

With that being said I'm going to be going inactive. Nothing else to do in the game. I know New Dawn recently shut down and I almost speculate they hired a new dawn dev and this was his answer. I can't imagine any of our devs making an insane decision like this.

None of this server war shit was personal with me, I just loved the sieges! I love everyone on this server except grimtide. we all share a common bond rather we argue every second in agon chat or not. We are all part of a very unique community. So I want to wish everyone the best of luck from both sides of the battlefield. I'll gladly come back once changes are reverted and we can get amazing bang again. (the mamengarg(sp) on niff siege last night was the funnest most epic fight i can remember. Good luck everyone and much love!

Bradtide Out bb.jpg

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    rats, Finnad, Kol Taggar and 17 others like this.
  2. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

You might of been having fun bro but no shows were no fun at all :( hate wasting people’s time with no shows. Makes them regret logging on and just discourage to keep playing. I agree I had fun when there were like 2 sieges a night every day that was epic but when sero starts doing his 5+ sieges a day and no shows it just becomes a chore and no one wants to play a game if it’s a chore

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

1.5 km system

Sero likes this.
  4. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

my clan has 4 holdings. you don't need 20+ holdings to be encouraged to play the game. all that statement says to me is you (or whoever you are speaking of) has an enormous ego. If we can't have all 20 holdings with all our mines we wont even log in anymore! fucking get over yourselves.

rats, Kol Taggar and Sero like this.
  5. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

Oh, my sweet summer child...

CreZee, Nat, Yomi Scythetalon and 8 others like this.
  6. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Bro no shows are fun 0.o do u enjoy them lol that’s what I’m saying lol
    --- Post updated ---
    @Grimtide u get your wager against this kid yet before he dips?
    Who’s the best tide

7. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

If putting down an actual wager to seige a city/hamlet is going to make you quit the game then bye.

8. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

There will still be sieges.
    They will be more carefully plotted, and arranged, including huge showings.
    This encourages bigger, better fights.
    Gold for each siege can be aquired in ONE DAY.
    1-2 sieges a week is sufficient rather than getting burnt out on 6 sieges a day (I started getting discouraged, wanting to do other stuff like pve, and lost so many bags I was going in bone sets just to lend a hand and participate even though I was tired of fighting all the time, like an overworked soldier with low pay)
    Understandable your perception is different. But it's grueling to tag along to sieges daily and having half of them just a sitting around fest.
    your post is emotional. teary-eyed. and the pic is icing on the cake.
    see you next week.

rats, windbanger, Blaze and 2 others like this.
  9. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

ya man i work 60 hours a week and have to take care of farm stuff. I can only play very casually. My clan is fairly small, and like me, they all work for a living. If we wanted to siege a city it would cost 1 mill + another 500k for a suitable gear bag. I just don't have the hours in the day to put into a game to enable me to login and siege regularly. No biggie really, I'm just too casual of a player to be able to do what I enjoy in darkfall now. No love lost man, no need to get all salty. (THEN BYE!)

Slayven likes this.
  10. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Your math is all off. Lets say you're super optomistic about dropping a siege and think you can take a city with a 10 man party. If a suitable gear bag is 500k then you have 10x 500k which is 5 mil for your small 10 man party + 1 mil for the city wager and like ~200k for siege supplies maybe. This patch made the wager go from ~5.4m to ~6.2m which is less than 20% increase in wager cost. And the percentage increase only goes lower the larger your siege force is.

quietnoobz likes this.
  11. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Even if runebooks wasn’t in the picture most holdings still wouldn’t be worth a mil. That’s just really really steep imo. Current values should be halved.

12. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

I get it that all sounds so super easy for you but as i said, i don't have the time. Especially with hay season coming up. Best of luck to you Fawley

JasperHawkins likes this.
  13. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

They might/prob will lower it to half after the siege windows are in. I think atm it’s a small banaid to stop as many no shows, personaly I don’t think the price is that bad, but that’s my opinion on it

quietnoobz likes this.
  14. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Could be- hope it’s soon, cause no shows or not this war has really seemed to bring in a bit of population.

15. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Spellgazer
    Tester

pretty dumb way of looking at it, point is the cost to drop a siege increased by 10x because one side of the war got tired of too many sieges.

16. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Solid counter point. I don't know how to respond to this.

17. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

Where have you been that this is shocking?

WithoutShame, Sero and Korag like this.
  18. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

bye felicia

Hook likes this.
  19. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

Worst part of Darkfall IMO: Casuals spend 1 MONTH lovingly building up their city, then have it taken in one HOUR. I’ve seen SOOOOO many casuals leave over this flawed design.

Not only is it a roadmap for an utter failure to keep pop, but it’s also UNREALISTIC. Did the Vikings stay after they plundered? No, they took the gold and fucking sailed away.

Darkfall should follow this tried and true RL model. Make it so each week a holding gets a revenue stream fed into the clan bank. If another clan RAIDS them (same mechanics as sieges, but make it 1/10 the cost), then the Raiders get that week’s gold. Do Pvpers get their bang, and casuals get to keep the city they labored over.

Unfortunately ROA did exactly what DND did: made sieges hugely expensive, but without first having an alternative PvP mechanic in place.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Your math is off as well, since the ability to take a city with 10 people is laughable since even if the city were unwanted by anyone, everyone is going to show so now instead of losing 5 mil in bags they get to lose an extra 1.2 on top of it? For a casual group of players that is a massive increase only to be outnumbered with a low chance of victory. Makes it almost seem not to be worth it.. I am against no show sieges being dropped like sero has been known to do but this "fix" isn't the answer and only serves to burden those who do not have the time or the wallet irl or desire to spend IRL money to get r done.