Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Came back 6 weeks ago. I was having almost as much fun as launch. Thats over now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bradtide, May 30, 2019.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

No they won't be better fights, they'll be carefully arranged blob fests with 5 fps

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

isn't city upkeep costs and actual tcs a better solution to this? no clan should have 20+ holdings really. and holdings should pass hands often, this change does the opposite. got a wonder? u get to squat on it because no one is going to risk 3m+ trying to win an offensive siege.

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Holding wipe is 100% going to be needed with TCS and time limit on capping holdings and only 10 man clans+ can cap a holding once per day. They need to do something so clans don't cap 10 holdings with alts too.

Thrill Kill, CreZee and Korag like this.
  4. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

This game has non content, no pop, and everything outside of small scale PvP sucks absolute shit dick, and lets be honest here small scale has almost completely dissapeared. At this point id rather play a tab. Maybe they'll wisen up before this next patch.

CreZee and Fengor like this.
  5. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Another person that doesn't get that BPG isn't trying to kill sieges, but trying to stop no shows. When you have one person actively trying to use current siege mechanics to grief a clan out of the game, you sometimes have to take drastic measures.

I get that the cost changes are a little heavy handed. But before you could literally siege a hamlet for the cost of a decent cobra. People could drop 5 no shows on you back to back with no recourse for retaliation (unless you wanted to drop your own).

And lets not pretend that people don't have the resources; maybe clans don't have the liquid funds, but I know there are bags at these sieges that approach 1 million in value on their own. Full Draggy set, r70 weapons, Q5'd up enchants? Add that all together and you're touching 1 mil.

But of course, this is Darkfall, so any changes at all will be met with a torrent of tears, before even seeing how things work out in game. Keep in mind; these numbers aren't set in stone. I'd wager BPG will be monitoring siege activity very closely, and making changes accordingly.

Fawley likes this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea. Dim Mok is a real douche canoe. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (Notice how we didn't complain when he did it? Amateurs.)

The sad reality is you guys are just too stupid to understand how to combat it. You have a 1.5km system, there is a 30 minute wait timer.

Send 1 person to destroy the stone. If reds hit system, call in reinforcements. Why was this difficult again? Why does every siege have to be a massive blobfest that you login people that DONT EVEN PLAY THE GAME to defend your worthless holding? So you can bankstare and cry the games dead? Do you really care about your worthless holdings that much?

JasperHawkins likes this.
  7. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

Oh yeah, they stopped no shows alright. Nobody will show up to anything after this, unless you guys siege us. You have plenty more people, so we'll be waiting on you to siege us now with your convenient siege costs that you asked the devs for.

Put your words into action. We brought you content for several weeks, now you bring it to us if it's so easy and casual friendly :)

Slayven and Korag like this.
  8. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Sorry that your griefing tactic didn't work out.

The irony of you trying to make us all quit the game, yet saying now the game will be dead since you can't drop no show sieges is palpable.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Oh yea? Did I make you quit the game by logging in? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yet another thing that you mongoloids never realized. lmfao.

Ask @Grimtide how I made his clan quit the game too!

Grimtide likes this.
  10. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Yeah, lets pretend that you DIDN'T say that your main goal was to take all our holdings and drive us out of the game.

But to answer your question, no. The irony is, your no shows, while cancerous af, didn't really do much to our core group. However, if left unchecked, these no show sieges would certainly cause new players to the game to think twice about sticking around.

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yes. it did nothing. It was so ineffective, the mechanic was changed! Because the NEW PLAYERS to the game that own SO many holdings were getting griefed by big bad sero. [​IMG][​IMG]

HELLO?

WHAT HAPPEND TO FREE GOLD? LOLOLOLOLOL

Gosh darnit! I can't believe my genius plan of MAKING you guys quit the game by FORCING you to login to defend your holdings didn't work! Drat!

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

12. KoKane

KoKane Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy Loyal Patron Benefactor Contributor

Very hard to take anything you say seriously, Bradtide, after what you were saying in Agon chat the other day with regards to cheating/exploiting/duping;
    "... why is it a problem, they werent cheating maliciously"

I wasn't even mad at you when you said it, kinda just disappointed.

Geezy likes this.
  13. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

So many tears, if your going to quit since you can’t grief, then good riddance.

Bye FeliCa

Geezy likes this.
  14. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I don't understand how you guys think 10 sieges a day from 5am-2am the next day on 1 clan is an ok thing. Maybe the prices are slightly steep, and personally I think a better thing to do is only allow a clan to be sieged 1 time a day and slightly increase costs, but this is still better than before. You can farm the funds for a siege in less than an hour if you clan actually want to siege... especially during a server war where you have a shit ton of people. "Hey guys everyone farm ~10-15k and we can siege something!" lol. Only difference is now 1 person can't be all pissed and do it himself being childish.

Blaze, Geezy and Fawley like this.
  15. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Game needs more clan content. Desperately. Unfortunately we turned to over using the siege mechanics to fill that void and certain individuals could essentially hold the server hostage.

Reduce the initial price, add activity windows with scaling cost depending on time and that should be enough. Then add CONTENT FOR FUCKS SAKE PLEASE GIVE US NEW CONTENT JESUS CHRIST

16. Hostile

Hostile Goblin Warrior

Ah so you have 100 active players so they can farm you 10k each every time you wanna drop siege on city lmao, did you pull that idea out of your fat ass gtfo

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

so limit how many sieges can be dropped on a clan or by a clan?
    Make a second siege 10 x the cost? The action taken was not thought out well, spur of the moment and just overall a bad change.

Funky zeit likes this.
  18. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Pretty sure you meant to quote me as I'm the 1 who said 10-15k for a siege not Nat lol. But the side against us hit Frost Coast woth 66 people after we sieged Dag. That's 660-990k if they give 10-15 (obvs some people will also give more). 10k takes like 5min to get. At Alberworth defense I think our side hit 82 which is 820-1,230k. There are also people on both sides who happened to not be on for those sieges so saying 100+ total players on each side honestly isn't even a stretch. Sieges before were normally just 1-5 people funding them. Sorry it makes a clan actually do things... as a clan?

Blaze and Fawley like this.
  19. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Activity Windows are coming with the armor patch, I thought everybody knew that. This cost will probably be the off-prime time cost in that system and prime time will be cheaper.

Geezy, Fengor, KingLlama and 2 others like this.
  20. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

This changes things and not clarifying this from the very start is what caused such a ruckus.

Kol Taggar and Geezy like this.