Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Can we get some insight into these new materials?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Feb 19, 2019.

1. nJustice ForAll

nJustice ForAll Goblin Scout
    Hero

I can understand being afraid of classfall. But I'm definitely a proponent of some type of play-style restriction system, strictly for accessibility's sake. I just want lots of bodies walking around Agon, its the only way the game is fun. The current system just alienates new players too much.
    Oh for sure staggering it this way really sucks.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

There's two playstyles. Mage and destro. Granted, there can be a lot of nuances between players in the mage class. What's not different between mage players, is the ideal gear sets for players. Everyone plays at <10 encum with a cobra and 0 encum with a blackbolt. Whatever offers the best protections for those encumbrances is what will be worn. Anything else is trolling.

So, they're introducing new materials for new armor sets without adding any new abilities, effects, or reasons for new armors. It's just reinventing the wheel...We'll be farming new mats for the exact same bags we wear today, possibly with new colors.

I'm not even mad, just confused.

#42 chad, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

How do you know there won't be any new abilities, effects, or reasons to wear the new armors? I don't think they have explicitly said this won't happen.

Also to me the worst part about this patch was how they shuffled everything around again without telling people what they changed. So now people have to go around to each mob spawn in the game to find out what it drops, which 99% of people aren't going to do. Which leads to more people getting bored of the game and quitting..

Leopold Stotch likes this.
  4. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Fengor likes this.
  5. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

You are not the target market for this patch, there is a large population of players who when joining the game get super confused about the gear situation. It's also true from an RPG perspective, many players want to see mages wearing robes, archers leather etc. Most of the current players obviously don't care about this but it's a big factor for players coming from other RPG's

Mimitis TheOne, Korag, Sero and 4 others like this.
  6. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

LOL? One of the great treats of this game is playing as a mage with pants on. And not just pants but sick bone pants. GG to forcing mages to wear robes. Glad to see that we are defaulting to copying other more boring games to satisfy boring players rather than try8ng to create interesting new things.

You still didn’t address his point that protections and encumbrance aren’t enough variables to greate a meaningful diversity. There will still be 2 defacto sets for the two specs that 99% of players run. You need more effects on the armor or more abilities optimized for a different encumbrance level to create more diversity.

7. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I've said it before, but I think an extensive wiki would do this game wonders. If you guys ever set one up, I'd be more than willing to help fill out articles.

I'm not opposed to the traditional RPG ideas, but I really like the heavily clad "battle mage" look that this game has.

BeatIt, The Red King and Fengor like this.
  8. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I have a few questions.

Is the new armor just basically going to replace the old armor protections and encumbrance for a RPG stand point?

Will y’all actually make this gear look good instead of re color the old sets? Because imo the low end gear in this game needs a real deal makeover.. it looks like shit.

And where would we be standing if..

We wouldn’t have changed combat and worked on the lockouts that wasn’t viable and added new ones? For example, archery and support style play.

Added in new abilities, gear and gear perks to support these play styles?

I am a big fan of old combat, and I also know that we need some new styles of play, I just don’t like the way we went about it. I feel like we wasted a lot of development time on the current system we have.

Mimitis TheOne, Fengor and Korag like this.
  9. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

funny how increasing tedium is catering to potential newcomers, creating new armors and increasing item amount + changing protections is for noobs, and making a new paywall plus entirely different monster progression for gear is for future new players. funny the current populations' desires/votes are brushed completely aside repeatedly for some sort of wishful influx of newbies. the plan is seriously faulty. but, hey, my argument against it isn't plausible :poutingcat: the work to give vets what they want is too far out of the realms of possibility

10. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

If I am forced to wear mage robes instead of the cool 3 -4 piece infernal set, I am out.

Now if its just new sets for new players than I am fine with it. One thing I love is the armor sets I can wear, you fuck that up - cya in New World

Fengor likes this.
  11. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Gett8n pretty hot in here

12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

here come the ultimatums
    "I am gonna quit if you develop the game for the masses instead of catering to the 100 vets"
    If it brings in a pop then it is a positive.

13. Flux D

Flux D Crypt Guard
    Benefactor Legend

Why is everyone bitching and whining about this so hard? Its what should have been a natural progression with darkfall instead of uw.

14. Yomi Scythetalon

People naturally hate change.

15. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I actually love change. I just hate pointless change that will bring me right back to point A.

I love how my character looks, its one thing I enjoy, I love the graphics in this game, if they force me to wear a fucking dumb robe, I can quit RoA forever.

Fengor likes this.
  16. Yomi Scythetalon

Always come to that destro side :)

The Red King likes this.