Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Can we talk about this price increase on sieges?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nat, May 29, 2019.

1. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Bro people just don’t know how to farm, I know a lot of people who have come back with empty banks and are doing fine, they just learned to not always be in q4-5 at all times xD
    Look at u for example each time u leave you either wager your bank away or give it away

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero likes this.
  2. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

I dont get why they didnt just limit how often you can siege or make it scale in cost. Like if you got one low cost siege a week and all others got progressively more expensive.

People dont realize that while you can easily farm gold now you will not be able to so easy if the population ever picks up. Also a lot of people find the pve in this game to be utter cancer because of it's extremely tedious and boring nature.

If anything they should be encouraging more sieges not less. Granted they should be at the defending clans prime time but siege windows are supposed to address that.

Korag, onslaught, Lexendros and 4 others like this.
  3. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

First paragraph spot on..scale in cost after ur weekly siege.

4. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

So many tears, hope you got that flood insurance bpg!!!!

5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Can we get ur in game name sir please?

6. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

You've been playing the game for years though. They also want to bring in players that have never touched darkfall at any point in time.

7. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

He’s just some toxic conspiracy theory troll hiding behind his forum acc, prob just someone’s alt

CreZee and Slayven like this.
  8. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

That's a straw man argument. There is a whole progression that new clans go through to get holdings. It's not an insurmountable task. Name a new clan that ever tried to siege a city (not a hamlet) and didn't have some kind of help from an alliance temporary or permanent. Every clan that go a holding in game had help from another clan alliance. Beside with GTT's it's irrelevant.

9. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Yeah...a new clan is going to have a 10x harder time just trying to win the fight than accumulating a bit of gold which would equate to less than 50k per person.

10. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

fake news bro. played in the mid to late glory days of DFO and thats it. Never touched UW, never touched ROA other than to log into beta back in '16.

11. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Are you retarded? You just admitted to me that you used to play lmao.

12. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

yes. I am retarded for replying to you to begin with. have good day.

Korag and Fawley like this.
  13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

He's actually making a valid point. Not about the new armors, but...

If the game starts out with a feature or exploit that allows you to farm 100 Doge Coins per hour, but then months LATER changes so you can ONLY farm 25 Doge Coins an hour doing the exact same thing... that exponentially fucks over ANYONE who didn't take advantage of the mechanics that were giving 4x the resources per hour.

This is why I made dozens of posts in 2016 warning BPG NOT to Launch without the right economy sinks and faucets, and to error on the side of mobs giving TOO LITTLE at launch, rather than TOO MUCH.

You can always increase item faucets post launch, but you can't decrease them without double fucking new players and making it even MORE difficult for them.

Same with item sinks you can start with them being too high and then lower them post launch if it's deemed too much, but if you start with them too low and then increase them, then you're shitting on people who came later and didn't stack up a bank when things were easier to retain.

I shouldn't have to provide an example, but I will if necessary.

You HAVE to get it mostly right before launch if you want to avoid fucking anyone over.

Even if you correct it shortly AFTER launch, certain people will have gotten a huge compounding edge, let alone if you wait months or years like we're at now.

Why do you think I advocate BPG fixing the economy fundamentals, adding territory control, adding the new armor system, and then bringing the server down, wiping and doing a 2 week grass roots cheap advertising campaign announcing a relaunch with the F2P option?

Go on the traditional MMORPG sites who would interview you and write articles for free, hit up reddit/ AMA, podcasts, Youtubers, and Twitch streamers.

Hell let me speak about RoA on behalf of BPG in a youtube/ Twitch interview/podcast (I'll line it up) and I'll sell the shit out of this game

I think BPG is afraid people won't return and doesn't want to risk screwing over the couple hundred loyalists who already put time in (understandable). They probably also view it as unprofessional and think it might erode confidence in the game by having people think it would become a habit.

But no risk= no reward and I believe if you look at examples of previous games that wiped and relaunched a couple years later with new features and fixes, that you'll find the fresh start period brings in VASTLY more players than even the best of post launch patches to a game that's already low pop.

Kids go crazy for the fresh start excitement of a server on even MUCH older games. It's contagious and if you believe (like I do) that the market for Darkfall is many MANY times larger than our current population, then it's worth it.

You simply have to fix the game FIRST in order to retain them.

I also believe that no matter what anyone currently playing with a big bank/maxed character says, they'd absolutely return for a wipe/relaunch. Especially if you fixed the shit that led us to where we are now.

@Andrew @kilrain

#73 Battle Smurf, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Xipos<3, CreZee and Mea Kulpa like this.
  14. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

Exactly my point. And they continue to move in this direction as can be seen with the new cost of sieging a hamlet or a city. This would have been a fantastic move on their part, had it been at launch. Now there are 3 clans that own 90% of the holdings and they got those holdings basically free. With this new cost, you are basically telling EVERYONE AND ANYONE who doesn't currently have holdings "If you want to go to war and take out The Third Army, it's going to cost you 45 million gold".

BPG is effectively protecting the big three from being targeted.

15. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

I'm probably going to make a separate topic on this later but I think in the current state of ROA, a Path of Exile like season wipes would do good for the game. It would have to be slightly different though since we wouldn't want to split the already small community into two different servers though so the way I would imagine it without 100% wiping the game everytime is that say every 4 months the servers get wiped. Your stats, holdings, banks, houses, all wiped and reset. You could then have it so after say 1 month or so after the reset, you get all of your old bank back so there's still a large amount of long term progression but it gives people the opportunity for a fresh start every 4 months as well as add basically new content at these resets for veterans that have nothing else to do.

WithoutShame likes this.
  16. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

Pretty much this. Painful, but true.

CreZee likes this.
  17. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Fairly certain that this gold change is a temporary band-aid for a long term solution to the no-show seige griefing. But honestly, it should cost a lot of money to seige a city or hamlet from another clan and as people have said prior, that amount of money in the current economy is not THAT much.

18. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

What people are saying and what is the truth are almost never entirely aligned. There's a reason people avoided my callout on the amount of q4/q5/rare mats in circulation. Just because raw gold isn't absurdly high in the current economy, does not mean that people don't have absurdly broken banks. The fact is, people are stocked up on all their materials but have no reason to sell it off because for them, gold is useless.(Though Sero I'm sure has been slowly liquidating his assets to pay for his no show warfare).

As for your suggestion to wipe every 4 months, I entirely disagree with that. I don't like the idea of seasons in an MMO. I'd love to see the game wiped once BPG actually has fixed their game and added the content they promised, but people play games like this for the ever-evolving political landscape and for character progression. Even if people get their banks back after a month or so like you suggest, that'd just lead people into not playing for a month, then hopping back in whenever they have their bank.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

They didn't do this because we have some of the top minds in game development working on the game.

MaxiHori and Fengor like this.
  20. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Why siege price increase instead of siege time windows? I don't get it..

There wasn't a problem with people sieging at prime time, there was a problem with people sieging at off hours when people are sleeping or at work/school.

Korag, propain and Fengor like this.