Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Casual PvP

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Zorak, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

limited sprint though so just dodge and ray it ww it etc no? i means we are all gonna argue situational stuff but really they arent OP to the point of impossible to beat and what not but when zorak pulls 3-4 mounts on you and nkows what he is doing and has his character/1h/mounts healed up ready to use this tactic and you're not carrying 35 light spikes and ready to leach him and all that...idk just situational and everything too me is a little imbalanced here or there maybe make the sprint take a little more sstamina so its not such a long fight or something

2. Mad Knight

Mad Knight Dire Zombie
    Hero

100% loss of control of character until dead is game breaking and the sprint feature amplifies it.

zander and Korag like this.
  3. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

can you send me a vid of you hitting both front and back at once ? after a bit of trying i cant make that happen

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Mad Knight

Mad Knight Dire Zombie
    Hero

I already linked a video of Zorak showing and explaining it...

www.twitch.tv/videos/77472631

5. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

except he doesnt hit multiple directions at once in that video

can you send me a vid of you doing it?

im not saying mount fighting isnt broken, im just saying youre wrong

6. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

100% agree with that but fire juggling is the same no?

7. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

he doesnt swing and hit all directions at once. he can swing straight and then switch to either side you dodge to or even behind himself after the fact making it impossible to dodge the hit. Thats what is broken about it. All he needs is one good front juggle(using the exploit) and you are dead in 4 swings with a decent 1h and mastery which he has because it goes through your parry unless you parry the correct way which not many people know how to do. He explains it all in the video that has been linked multiple times already.

also true except fire juggling doesnt go through your shield when you parry and there is a little thing called a cooldown which mount juggling does not have.

Sique, Orak, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  8. Mad Knight

Mad Knight Dire Zombie
    Hero

9:39 in that video. He is just changing the direction he swings / kicks no matter where he actually swings.
    --- Post updated ---
    LOL. Not even remotely. You can't fire juggle someone for 450 HP and it can also be parried.
    --- Post updated ---
    Why anyone is defending this broken shit is beyond me.

#68 Mad Knight, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Kwatos, Navlaan, BeatIt and 1 other person like this.
  9. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

you can fire juggle someone into 2h knockbacks and keep them flying if they are pre-disabled...franchise did it a few times i know obeesho or someone has the video of it lol and Ric Flair used to do the 5-6 juggle combo which is like half or more of ur HP but why not just blind the mounted guy its pretty easy eye rot,confusion,pungent,lbspikes,stormblast etc there are a lot of ways to not let this happen but I DO AGREE its quite strong if u get caught ur get dicked

10. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Nah, the sprint has made it too tough to stay in the blind spot. This isn't even getting into the script bullshit arguement. My issue is the sprint right now. The script can be fixed, but I've always been fine with how the mechanics worked on attack/kicks and their directionals.

Also it hitting through parry needs to be fixed.

I mean anyone who I used to fight in DF1 knows I can legitimately melee someone off the top of their mount, but now, it's near impossible. I haven't practices for hours to be sure, but a couple fights and I could tell it was 100% tougher to fight a mount with the sprint.

Navlaan, Fengor and Mad Knight like this.
  11. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

except no you cannot blind anyone with a brain on a mount. You can avoid confusion by using the mouse scroll and zoom in so it doesnt hit you. Pmist doesnt blind you on a mount. Eyerot you can avoid by looking at it so you can dodge it on a mount unless its a direct hit on the player. Also you have to predisable someone to do that firejuggle or it doesnt work on a mount the swings go right through your parry unless you do it correctly(protip: its not the normal way of just parrying facing the dude on a mount raping you which no one seems to know)

Mad Knight likes this.
  12. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

I'm going to clear up some misconceptions people have about mounted combat.

You could do this with slow mounts in DFO as well.
    No scripts.
    You can't hit for 90 damage against someone without a staff out.
    1. Not true, you have to aim only one direction, just like normal melee.
    2. If you don't block in the correct direction, you will get hit in the back, just like normal melee.
    3. Parry if you're getting juggled, or better yet, don't get juggled. 2 mages can sync fire magic and do the same thing.
    The arc isn't unreasonable, it just looks bigger than it actually is because I aim it very well.
    That's not possible, you have to choose one swing direction to proc.
    360 degree swing is a myth. You have to choose one direction for your hit to proc.
    All untrue. You can only proc a swing in one direction at a time.
    Special tactics are clever use of game mechanics and not an exploit. Try to learn a bit about mounted combat before calling things exploiting.
    You have to choose one direction for your swing to proc. You cannot attack everywhere in one swing. That's like saying if you spin around in circles quick enough while swinging a GS it will make you "whirlwind."
    Knockups are a part of hitting someone with a mount. Not exploit, but intended game mechanic.

Hopefully that clears things up.

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

reso
    You said in your video that you could swing straight ahead but then change it before the swing ends so your going against what you said in the video in this forum post.

14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

There needs to be changes to mounted combat for sure, I think b4 mount sprint it wasn't strong enough, after mount sprint its to strong.

Some changes I think could be good are:

When the mount gets hit, for 10 seconds reduce its speed to be half way between run and sprint speed.

Have it cost the rider more stats to use.

Have it so you have to pick the direction of the attack b4 you swing.

Lower the damage a bit.

Make it so you cant hit people through parry.

15. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Read again. Your swing can only proc is one direction.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or you can learn to play instead of nerfing what you're bad against.

ForFun likes this.
  16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Do NOT spite the Ork King when he shows you benevolence!

Juicy likes this.
  17. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

I mean this is your primary form of combat but you did well with it in DF1 too.

You honestly don't think mount sprint makes it unbalanced?

I'm going to say you're slightly biased here.

You also think it should hit through parry, or that someone should have to parry un-intuitively to block it?

Also going to say, you're biased here.

Navlaan and Sique like this.
  18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Mount sprint is dumb AF, but don't hate the player, hate the game (or the Dev that introduced it)

I doubt Zorak cares if mount sprint is in or out

SomeBK likes this.
  19. Indestructible

Indestructible Goblin Warrior

You can't hit through parry, you have to aim your shield in the right direction.

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I suck on a mount, use to be good vs people on a mount, have had very little experience with it recently. Also I beat you mount v mount the other day =0.

In all honesty you are disillusion if you don't think its to strong atm, I mean look how shit you are on a mount and as long as you have like 4 mounts you can still kill people. If some1 actually got good at mounted combat it would be insane.

Navlaan likes this.