Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Casual PvP

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Zorak, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mad Knight

Mad Knight Dire Zombie
    Hero

Good troll. Cause fire magic juggle is the same as 100% loss of control bouncing 8 times and dead within 5 seconds. You just posted the death of your broken combat. Get over yourself. Only people posting taking your side are your own butt buddies.

#101 Mad Knight, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Enzytebob likes this.
  2. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

i don't think they're the same, but i do think magic knockups are stupid and should be reworked

Incanuth Archbane likes this.
  3. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

lol... how about lets take it in the other direction. Make it so you cant parry magic attacks.

Fire juggling is the least problem this game has pvp wise. It's also easy to predict and dodge

Mad Knight likes this.
  4. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

oh, don't get me wrong, i don't like the whole mount juggling stuff either

fire knockups are cancer, they don't scale well just like WoF, blinds, and r90s and they're all cheesy as fuck

5. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

This is skill issue. You should rarely get juggled. Pretty hard to hit a direct magma or fireball if people are squirreling properly. And even then you can block most incoming damage unless you are already disabled.

6. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

it's really not that hard to direct hit a fireball, magma, or inferno, especially so if you have the speed mod on them, at closer ranges. plus, your opponent can't be squirreling 100% of the time if they're at all interested in fighting back.

it's not terrible in small scale fights, but it does get totally obnoxious the bigger the fight gets, just like WoF and blinds

don't be silly.

#106 breakqop, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. pathion

pathion Gravelord
    Supporter

I think you are being silly. Make a poll, you are in the minority here.

8. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

So he is abusing a broken mechanic. Which is what people are sayin.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think this is largely due to most players needing a script to use q and e as leans because they are so important for other stuff. Its personally the reason I've never tried it. If Q and E could be leans when im on a mount and my normal binds when im off, id probably try it at least.

Orak, WyLd_SyDe and Fengor like this.
  9. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

And you don't think sticky backing with insanely long reach is not broken? With mount combated sure you can't move. But with sticky backing it doesn't matter what you do when the player has mastered it's craft. Literally my player's don't even cast spells anymore they just melee everyone down and I'm here telling you and have been telling the server since Alpha reach needed to be shortened and it's my guy's who mastered the mechanic.

10. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

dude you must be lit 24/7

Fengor likes this.
  11. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Dat weed seems good.

Fengor likes this.
  12. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

Exactly, don't change one broken mechanic and leave another.

Did you try the advice I gave everyone in my last post?

#112 Franchise, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

There is a difference in someone mastering something to where it's REALLY hard to avoid/beat it and something being broken. You can't take the top 1% and say look what they can do you have to nerf it because 99% could possibly do it. Same with mounts same with fire juggles same with the fact that you can keep someone permanently disabled and no one even talks about it and all of you are behind on the true Meta of this game but a few people that aren't refuse to show it to the world because it WILL break the game...

14. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

Melee is a broken mechanic of the game, I have found a way to teach anyone how to melee and make them good. one individual skill should not be so dominating in a game such as this. Being mount killed from full to dead, being stickied from full to dead are the most unsatisfying ways to die in this game and melee sticky back's happen daily consistently. Someone can only take so much before they are turned off by this game and dying like that is one of them. I made a post in another thread explaining exactly how to sticky back and I can take literally anyone who is half decent and turn them into a 1% sticky back god in a week with the exact advice I shared to the public.

Ideas like this I have kept secret for the majority of darkfall and even though I knew it was a broken mechanic I kept it secret for my advantage until the point I knew I was leaving the game in which I spent most of beta teaching any willing ear everything I knew.

clandestino2a likes this.
  15. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

People getting sticky backed are the issue not the melee'r....you can avoid melee in so many ways that I won't even start to mention them here.

16. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

Same thing can be said for being killed by a mount.

17. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

I agree..?

18. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Someone good settle this once and for all. I'm shit atm or i would do it :tearsofjoy: who has the best bow aim and movement on the server currently? Whoever it is duel zorak and let's see if it's really op or just zoraks skill. If one person can do it through practice I'm tempted to say it's not broken but that vid was making it look pretty stupid. Where is luck when you need him kek

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  19. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

why aren't you good at melee then lol

you know your self proclaimed banger squad lost to our rag tag team 4v4 (wager) two times in a row.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I think Juicy already mentioned it in the thread, but I don't have any problem fighting Zorak.

Another note to make: I play both sides. Mounted and anti-mounted combat.

Oresmacker likes this.