Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Champion Spawn Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bloodscar, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

might as well make it sieze, "Pulls the enemy closer to you and draws its attention". This way turning it into a taunt, makes it useful

Nat, Kwatos, Fengor and 4 others like this.
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I do like that.

3. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

Have you put the updated stats in on the champion spawns? I want to continue attempting them but there's no point in forcing my clan to get on and going again if they haven't been tweaked.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #43 Sintan, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  4. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

did you not read the rest of his post?

noone has taunts, stuns that work on mobs, damage shields like attunement to earth (tanked 4 hits in uw) or other traditional tank abilities and even with inderstuctibe (woohoo extra 5 prots to magics) that boss is doing 200+ physical dmg per hit while everyone is a dps cannon and his health STILL cannot be moved with 9 ppl

#44 Inkarnation, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Coming in soon I think. We're making a temporary fix for the poor guys that are logging in without gear and we'll patch those in at the same time. While the serve is down we'll tear down Alberworth as well so @Umberto will not hunt me down irl.

Kwatos, Nightmare UDL and Sintan like this.
  6. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

I was going to suggest some type of clashing your weapon against our shield type of thing, with a sexy Orc waaaaaargh, but this is probably a better quick fix that doesn't require a ton of work.

Super Star likes this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I cant believe you guys are opting for a lame meta game found in most mmo's that involves taunt as you heal a single ally for an hour.

Now, Im hoping taunt wont last as long as what Im thinking...

#47 Scrapnotcrap, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Nightmare UDL likes this.
  8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

honestly if u have some other raid mechanic, were all ears, as it is currently, the way the boss is setup, it's the only viable option, unless you find everyone bowing it down from a mile a way more interactive, and requiring more organization, but yea the boss isn't even big enough for that many people to dps it effectively.

#48 Sero, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  9. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

We should try using 10 vileforges next time

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Coming to us with solutions rather than just the problem is 100% more helpful. If you have other mechanic ideas please feel free to share be it through here or private message.

Grumbagz, Inkarnation and Fengor like this.
  11. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

If all we're aiming for is 10 players per side, or even 50, shut this bullshit down right now cuz that's not worth bothering with.

Kwatos likes this.
  12. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

The point of a champion spawn was not the mobs. U pop the champ as quickly as possible to avoid raiding. People taking there sweet time looting is funny.
    Waves of mobs for intended loot purposes is funny as well I think we are missing the point of a champ spawn. It's the champs death at all cost. Not level 3 loot. But ok...

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Fair points, and some we've been considering. We'll likely be reducing the loot from the stage mobs and minions. We discussed removing it entirely, but thought it would be best to have something on them so it didn't seem like a complete waste if the players didn't make it to the end. We'll be avoiding players taking advantage of the loot and resetting the stages on purpose. We can reduce or remove like I mentioned above or perhaps provide some graves with loot at the end of each round rather than when the mob dies. One way or another we will make sure the main focus is the champion.

14. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

As it should be. Given a full server loot on these mobs should not be what they worry about it should be getting champ up and down in a reasonable amount of time with reasonable people doing it.

Fengor and Owyn Magnus like this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Im not coming with a solution and I've never brought up ''the problem''. I just dont think that a simple solution for the champion feature should affect the way we play the rest of the game.
    Add taunt as a solution and watch it become part of the meta game in pve overall.

1 dude tanking and getting healed by everyone is just not something I want in Df.

16. Knar

Knar Competition Winner
    Lifetime

You should just make copies of the mobs, rename them and nerf their loot. For example if the champion was named Kilrain you could have the mobs named "Kilrain's soldiers" "Kilrain's Protectors" and "Kilrain's Guardians". That would make it a little more immersive than just random elementals or orks :p

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

We don't have to copy anything really, we can code is to overwrite names, stop dropping loot, etc.

So I have 2 ideas for wave loot that I'm tossing between and would like opinions.

1. After each wave a chest is spawned containing ~whatever~. This eliminates the enchanting mats and makes it a lot easier to loot the waves and control how much resources enter the economy for "just a wave". Minions no longer drop tombstones and the champion carries on like normal.
    2. Loot is accumulated in one location during the match and if you loot it prior to killing the champion you forfeit the match and a percentage of the loot is destroyed. The champion spawn goes on cooldown like it will if you kill the champion, but it's different in that it can be "revived" by purchasing an item from a councillor and activating it at the champion spawn. If you kill the champion you receive 100% of the loot that was accumulated and it goes down like normal.

18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Well like you stated before, the point of the champion spawn is to clear the entire thing. So why not make a chest appear after the champion is dead. I understand you don't want people to feel like they did it for nothing, but well... tough shit... you shouldn't get rewarded for failing.

It seems like your trying to over complicate it : /

just keep it simple, spawn champ, beat the event, claim your reward.

19. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If u loot before hand there would be no point raiding a spawn. See enemy's grab what u can and get out.. if this is what u intend so be so be it. Just painting a picture for u.
    U go with the intension of dropping the champ or raid the champ.
    Not let's see if we can get it to level 3 and get the box. If u want it that way ok so be it. Point is what does bpg want them to be. Make them that way.

Do u want people rewarded for leaving it up.. do want them only rewarded for champ kill. Do u want to allow people to take loot and run when in danger. U tell us.

20. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

Too much health regen on the evil eye champion, we took a 2min breather to heal up and it was full from 80% hp. if PvP happens whenever you're killing these things it's going to be back to 100% again after the fights done, that'll get old after a few attempts.