Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Champion Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by TyteDaddyTite, Mar 11, 2018.

1. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

These things are pretty cool additions to the game, but they kinda suck... The way the weapons have 4-6% chance to apply a debuff then will proc after 4 hits just makes them relatively worthless. I think they need to be improved a bit.

Fengor, NonFactor and Myater like this.
  2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Fire Elemental
    Game Designer

They actually have a 4-8% chance to buff the player wielding the champion weapon, during which time each attack they make is empowered in some way, the spell proc at the end is only part of their power. From a mathematical standpoint, these weapons are incredibly powerful. That said if you disagree please feel free to discuss it!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. RootedOak

RootedOak Cairn Giant
    Legend

What is the average damage percent increase per swing over say 100 swings?

Kalos and Depeacemaker like this.
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Fire Elemental
    Game Designer

During testing, I did quite a lot of calculations but unfortunately, I no longer have the data, as it was only for testing purposes. The empowered attacks are very formidable, iirc they are "worth" about 12 stats per attack, and this includes damage (sometimes poison), healing, stamina, and mana. The procs which trigger on the fourth attack are spells, iirc they deal around 40 or 50 damage and are guaranteed. Ultimately what it boils down to is that despite these weapons being only slightly stronger than r60s in base damage, with the procs taken into account they perform extremely well. While you are under the effects of the buff, which varies from weapon to weapon, you are in a very powerful state, the procs on the fourth hit are the cherry on top. As a final note, if you land 6 attacks while buffed by the bow, you could heal yourself for over 70 health and then trigger the nuke as well. These weapons reward accuracy and quick thinking, but also are designed in a manner which allows for counterplay from your opponent.

5. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The weapons were designed to be 60 base level damage range with the bonus giving them interesting effects. The idea being that it would be better than an r60 but r70+ would still be more reliable power.

6. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

I've not had a chance to mess around with the bow, I imagine it would actually be pretty good. The rest still seem not really worth it to me, unless you're PvEing with em.

7. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Not everything has to be PvP useful as well.

Slayven and Not_Primetime like this.
  8. CarlSwagan

CarlSwagan Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

In water fights its basically free heals while under water. Really powerful stuff

9. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

This seems like an awful design choice, Champion weapons should be the top end weapons, that are really hard to obtain.

10. TyteDaddyTite

Legend

So, I was trying out my q4/q5 keened champion daggers in PvE, and they are pretty much not good even in PvE...I feel like these these should be benefiting the most from the the boons because of how fast they swing... but it basically never goes of. These things need to be buffed for sure.

Fengor and The Red King like this.
  11. zander

zander Celestial
    Legend

So do mobs just drop these weapons?

I feel they should've been added as a consumable crafting recipe that enables the ability to craft them for one player.

Make them skin variants for r70s in essence

Slayven likes this.
  12. turk0lu

turk0lu Undead Dwarf

Mainland champions drop them.