Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Chaos City Wars retry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myater, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:20 AM.

1. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Infernal
    Loyal Legend

land tower used to cause fights all around mid map and the surrounding chaos cities... there was also all kinds of siege equipment used which was a fun part of the tower.

using your brain to outplay larger groups was exciting and gave the smaller groups a chance. sometimes it worked out, sometimes not.

now the warhulks and cannons stay sitting in people's banks, the tower caters only to the zergs, and it is nothing but another faucet that the economy did not need.

BPG listened to the suggestions defiance made and ignored everyone else... so once again there's zero activity and an economy more broken than it was before.

2. Dingbat

Dingbat Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Hero

100% this.

3. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

One million percent

Brando Pando and Jean-Claude like this.
  4. Shadow-Demon

Shadow-Demon Skeleton Archer
    Legend

The desperation for pvp in this thread is real you guys seem hungry af. I mean what did you expect would happen recruiting all the pvp players left in game to your clan lmfao.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

With the state the game is currently in, I believe this is a great idea.

3 factions, with a winner-gets-a-piece reward much like villages.
    Have the rewards scale for the amount of players in each faction.
    Have a cap of +5 per faction, so each faction can only have 5 more players than another faction.
    Add those capture points much like villages, and prevent players from changing factions for 1 week.
    The points go live twice a day, one for EU time one for NA time.

Add moderated discord channels for each faction, linked to your faction in-game. Voila.

Ottenhal, Espenhal, Hintenfau.

Seems like a lot to develop though, so whatever. Player ran events will be fine.
    Interesting, that makes sense. Defiance no longer enchants their helmets because they have a permanent encumbrance buff.

This game desperately needs a reason for small group fighting, or for breaking up clans larger than 30-40 active players up. Hell, even 20.

This whole 2 clan shtick is for the birds.

6. Landon Denniston

Landon Denniston Skeleton Archer

only small grroup things i can think of in the game atm are champs, villages sometimes but those are either 1-3 people at them or 6+ for chalds.

another thing is there rrly is no sheep, most (95%) of the playerrs in the game know how to play and arent rocks some still are better than others but 95% of df players know what they are doing, at the start of roa elitests/vets could easily 5v10 or 1v3-4 or 2v5-6 etc because they were way more skillful and there was a big skill gap back then, aswell as char stats and level and gear gap. Any one in dune rats could prob 1v2 or 1v1 any other clans members.

ANOTHER thing that is missing rn is top top tier pvpers that run around and fight, like i couldnt name the top 5 best players cause the only good playerrs playing atm are all similar skill levels. we need small clans of elitests that run around and 3rrd party the big groups fighting and the big grroups like horde, mongols, and defiance need to fight more, instead of having one or two fights then everyone logging off because they were salty the other team zerged them or they just lost cause they did something wrong or whatever is what gives the game that dead feeling,

before i took my 1 and a half year break i would constantly be fighting 2-3 clans over and over again all over the place, at mob spawns, villages, cities. ik the pop isnt where it was that long ago and ik things have changed but i think everyones mentality has also changed, and more for the worse than the better, everyone gets so mad about everything and everyone throws fits in a game where the only people to fight are the people you are avoiding and when you do give them a chance to fight again its the same thing, excuses and fits,

this game isntt an arena, when i used to play if u had a group of 5 and u went to a vcp and u saw 1 guy u didnt even think about giving him a 1v1, and when u did 5v1 although sure it might nott have been super fun or anything, now that guy isnt happy, and he wants to fight you so he gets his mates on, instead of getting pissy and trash talking in agon forr zerging even though every single df player has zerged 100s of times with no remorse he does go back with a couple of buddies and they have a good 5v6 and no matter what side wins or lose they all got a fight, and if the team that 5v1ed the guy wanna go again on more fair terms they get a 6th on themmselves and brring the fight to the others city. Thats more what this game needs,people that just want to play the game and not people with egos and grudeges avoiding a fraction of the server.

everyones got some type of ego or hatred that i could understand if this game had the pop it had at launch but when there is LEGIT 3 active clans and you only fight 1 of them twice a day then all log somethings gotta change and whining about the other group zerging you once isnt gonna be the thing that changes it. and i undersstand tthe frustration of being zerged but that should just be used as fuel to go for revenge, thaats something ii never see anymore either, people tryinng to get good revenge. Ok end of my thoughts, ty for reading, please let me know ur opinion about any parts you dont agree with or are confused about

#26 Landon Denniston, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:15 AM
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 2:22 AM
    Porch likes this.
  7. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Can you space out your thoughts so it's easier to read than 1 wall :p

8. Landon Denniston

didnt rly mean for it to be so long but i just kept typing lol

Myater likes this.
  9. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Infernal
    Legend

i made it to the second line before calling it quits

The Red King and Myater like this.
  10. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Same lol. Need it spaced out if its gonna be that long!

11. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

Landon you write well, however a key point to remember when writing is when you begin a new subject, you start a new paragraph. I edited it as best I could.

I believe your thoughts, on the whole, are a great way of thinking. However with a small population, I suppose the end result will always be the same because it's so difficult to convince your 5 mates to come get revenge if they're in a completely different game. When everyone has 10 players enjoying the game, then it becomes much easier, so you've sprouted some conjecture:

Now that I have a bank roll going, I'm no longer PvEing either. I have 300 selentine ingots, unlimited Q3 enchants, and near unlimited r70 weapons. So if there is no PvP going on in the clan, now, I log off.

So perhaps getting players to do more activities is the right direction. This next patch with its relics will be great as long as the relics are destroyed after a set amount of deaths, or have very low durability, this way players are consistently searching for the relics they need.

But honestly, I just wish there were more events that made me want to come out and PvP. I haven't YET seen a siege, I've been to the land tower solo and would've been zerged had I shown my face, and most villages there are 3-5 players which is great however this is 3-5 players when the majority of the server is now asleep. Hard to imagine how that works out, perhaps its just my clan...

What can we think up to make us want to stay logged into this game? The answer to this question is a burden we all must contribute towards.

12. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Can we focus this thread back on topic to the chaos war for people that are interested. Thanks! Join the discord in the OP if you're interested.

SirJames likes this.
  13. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Gravelord
    Supporter

I'm disappointed that nobody from ASS is willing to try this.

14. Porch

Porch Goblin Warlord
    Loyal

Ass ded

15. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Chaos city wars were fun in DFO. Would be way better than VCP PVP.

16. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

I dont join discords with names like that and you guys shouldnt either have someselfrespect

17. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

Cmon, trolls aside, lets all have some fun. I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

Sorry Myater

18. AFKTODAY

AFKTODAY Goblin Warrior

Imagine saying this after joining Defiance lmao.

19. Landon Denniston

tried talking from an unbiased perspective but ok, take it as you wish

20. AFKTODAY

AFKTODAY Goblin Warrior

unbiased lol