Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Chaos Wars

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Myater, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Winterbound
    Tester

Bpg suckin loser.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

I've seen some good ideas about combating village alts. The best way to stop people from bringing hella alts to villages, however, is for groups to show up and kill them.

RoA definitely suffers from gear creep/gold creep. In DF1, a million gold was a nearly unheard of amount, and for a while R40s were commonplace, and R50s were siege tier. Nowadays, even a 10 mil stack isn't THAT much, and Infernal/Dragon is seen in villages and PVE.

One of the problems with making resources harder to obtain, is that it only helps those who have stacked banks. Imagine trying to come into the game as a brand new character, learning that all the veterans are 110 or 120 stats, with loads of gear/mats/gold in their bank... now imagine being told that it's now MUCH harder to obtain gear/mats/gold. Hard to imagine a lot of folks sticking around.

PvE used to be challenging and enjoyable. Killing 6-7 Eodrins in a spawn with a friend was fun. Now it is ride to one Eodrin Spawn, kill the Eodrin there... either wait 15 minutes for it to respawn, or ride to the other spawn, kill the solo Eodrin there... rinse repeat. Killing the PvE has also killed the PvP; you likely won't catch someone at a spawn now, because of how they changed the mechanics.

A full wipe could fix things, but you are correct; it needs to be handled properly. BPG isn't ready for that conversation yet though, so any discussion until they are is pretty much a mute point.
    --- Post updated ---
    Salty Bois always have the best feedback <3

Blaze likes this.
  3. Brian Badonde

Brian Badonde Goblin Scout
    Loyal

I am not going to get into arguing and politics.

So this will be my last post.

I think you are misrepresenting my post pretty badly. At no point did I bash the devs other than totally disagree with the devs outlook on the game.

I am entitled to do that and it was posted in a reasinable way. Rather than answer my post, or defend his opinions, he just deleted it.

When I say new, that is new to RoA. I pkayed DF fanatically from the first day of beta to the last day of the server. So of course I have passionate opinions like us all and have watched RoA from afar.

Anyway . Im out, lets leave it at that.

Thx for the offer of gold - very kind. But ill pass.

4. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

Talk about misrepresentation if you want. Your post was linked in the discord, and it was easy to see why it was deleted. No game company is obligated to keep a profanity filled dev bashing post masquerading as feedback, especially in a development thread where they are trying to find answers to game issues. If you were serious about trying to improve the game, you'd step up and add your voice to the conversation in a civil manner.

Yeah I've been informed about who you are/were. You aren't the only one with a long Darkfall history though... and while the donation is appreciated, your opinion matters just as much (or just as little) as anyone else's. Passion is welcomed, but when that passion spills over into vitrol and anger, you probably need to take a step back and breathe. Keep in mind; nearly everyone at BPG is a volunteer at the moment, trying their best to do what they can to help this game succeed. If you want your feedback to be heard, don't make them sift through posts bashing them to find actual constructive criticism.

I hope you change your mind and add your voice to the conversation. If not, best of luck. Although my 'promo' ends on the 15th, I'll keep your donation in mind if you decide to return.

Blaze likes this.
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

In df1 people were eventually extremely rich as well it just took a lot longer, I knew people with millions of gold and I personally use to do 1-2 million gold trades multiple times a week with the china farmers so it was defiantly out there.

The problem is that it took hardly any time o get to that point in roa compared to df1, partly because of game knowledge and partly because it was made easier.

There needs to be some sort of long term progression like there is in mmos like WoW, every few months or what ever you need to get a higher tier of gear and all your old gear becomes pointless.

Mimitis TheOne, Blaze and Geezy like this.
  6. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

No need to try more. It's decent enough for you.
    You missed a comma and you have used an extra space after a period. Stay mad. :)

#66 Featherbeans, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  7. Brian Badonde

Brian Badonde Goblin Scout
    Loyal

And you talk about vitriol!

Maybe you shoyld re-read your own posts....

Want to link my post you describe as proffanity littered? One swear word, not directed to anyone.

I have never been any one of any note in DF so no clue why you claim I ecpect special treatment. You are a lier and full of shit.

Also who is feeding you info on private forum account? Corrupt as fuck... the lagality of sharing forum data on me with random third parties ( ie you!) Is pretty scetchty.

I have sent a message to Andrew@BPG to request a disclosure of what data has been passed on to you. Ie IP address etc..

No your money wont buy my opinions.

Maybe niel is spying on me?! We played beta together. He shared my passion for Df as a young lad. Shame on you niel you fucking sell out.... won ton.

You have objectively failed. No one wants to play this pos. Not even your closest friends.... put that on yer CV bruv..

That is my vittriol. ;)

#67 Brian Badonde, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  8. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

There's no vitriol in my post. Unlike some folks, I maintain the capacity to keep a level head when talking about issues ;) Also... did I not mention that your post was linked in Discord? Had just a few more than one swear word... but of course, you know that, you're just trying to troll at this point.

As far as 'special treatment' goes... I'm simply referring to the fact that you mentioned that you spent money on this game, as if that gives you more of a say or makes your opinion matter more. Or that your profanity-laden rant in a thread meant for feedback should be ignored. None of those are the case, unfortunately.

Someone took a guess at your identity, and your purpose for being here... that was all. But judging from your reaction, it seems they were right on the mark. I'm not trying to buy anyone's opinion; my Agon Stimulus Package offer is open to anyone who donates, no matter what they believe.

9. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

And then

Keep trying... You are almost there.

10. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

How’s the chaos war going . Was looking good. Post more clips. This thread is toxic

11. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

its been stopped for now until another date, just tedium of joining up binding then have to leave clan binding to clan holding for siege and repeat, so prob more of thing to do when sieges slow down

12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@Marxman stopped chaos wars to get dunked in 3 consecutive sieges.

13. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

to be fair he ask his side to lay off, hes not the sole leadership xD

14. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

Your obsession with me is cute, and I'm flattered, I really am, but I'm happily taken ;)

Last I heard it was indefinitely suspended. Probably could have kept things going for a while if BPG hadn't handed one of our mines to NaCl... but it is what it is.

15. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

Awww poor guys, BPG the big bullies taken one of your mines, diddums. How will you ever cope with 50+ holdings, all wonders and tons of other mines. I feel for you pal!

Funky zeit likes this.
  16. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Winterbound
    Tester

weak troll

17. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

dont ruin trollpaganda

18. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

Things that literally happened = trolling according to salty bois I guess?

19. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Entomology is my only interest and you are the biggest specimen in these forums.

You alone provide more disservice to RoA than all of the other players altogether.

Keep going.

:kissingclosed:

20. Geezy

Geezy Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

First off... big word! You even googled it to make sure you spelled it right, well done! ;)

Yeah man, providing an incentive for folks to buy supporter packs, offering to reimburse those who are having in game issues, updating the wiki with the new content that has been added... tbh I can't believe I'm not banned yet :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.