Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Combat Paths - A New Era of Combat

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by MWTaylor, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

tinfoil hate wearing ass. lol what happened to you?
    --- Post updated ---
    if they build a game around that 96% (100 players MAYBE) Then the game is for sure destined to fail. I mean with that kind of thinking we wouldn't have computers today backwards simple minded kids like yourselves be playing with emselves in the dark still

2. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

Lets not forget that according to BPG the game is not only growing by a good margin each month but is increasing in the amount of new players, not vets, trying this game. Unless BPG is wrong then as of right now this game is not destined to fail unless stage 2 gets released, but if they just make this new thread explaining it then we can have better discussions

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Sero I like you but it wasn't long ago you left the game and swore you wouldn't be back because of the game and the pop. Now your back playing and going hard on the forums, He does matter, as much as I don't like to say it so does that retard king lear. But this game isn't going to thrive and survive with the pop the way it is. It is on life support and while I do not like all of the proposed changes many of them even some in stage 2 could prove very beneficial towards bringing in and keeping new players. A lot of peeps like and want something resembling classes, this does that without forcing us into a box and make perfect sense. Btw people like Owyn matter more than those of no life try hard lear and those like him, they work they have many friends that are not online and super large groups of gaming friends and communities. People like lear lack that. Owyn is the average gamer that pays game companies and keeps doors open
    --- Post updated ---
    they do wanna play off classes dumb ass, they do sooo badly but this game as it is does not support it and actually punishes those that try. How does that fact escape you?

Dixie Normus likes this.
  4. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

I prefer mongoloid
    --- Post updated ---
    The fact is that they DONT want to play off classes, or they would. There cannot be an argument that they would play less viable classes if given the option, based on the fact that players are given the option now and choose not to.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

They would happily play off classes if they could but this game does not support it. Not even a little many people want and have tried and either quit or gave up and fell in line with fire magic.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean playing a good destro requires sooo much more skill, smart game play and gear. How many top tier destros can you name? How many stand out and are talked about like It was luck? I can only think of a few and hardly any at all that people compare to luck. I know a few people that were insane with a bow also.

Bet Zander isn't a good destro though and even a half ass mage would handle him with ease.
    --- Post updated ---
    Potato, potato

6. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

Yes, it's hard to make actual arguments.

"You want people to stay?" errr no, they actually want new people to join. Because the current pop probably isn't very sustainable for the game. Hence them trying to make big moves. Keeping the combat the same, and implementing on this mysterious "content" people always talk about would not change Darkfall's fate. Not in the slightest. If just adding content was the only needed ingredient to Darkfalls success...wouldn't BPG have figured that out yet? Obviously they see something different. Probably because doing the same thing and expecting different results is literal insanity.

What are they taking away? The game was ALWAYS supposed to have a skill cap. This was confirmed by the main dev behind Darkfall. That's because, as mentioned 100 times any development team with a brain would give their RPG system a skill cap. Lest people do everything, whenever, with no recourse. You should 100% be penalized for trying to train every single skill, because otherwise there is no diversity. If everyone can bow, melee, and use magic. Everyone all ends up doing it all, simply due to the amount of utility and damage you get. Save the one specialization AV added as a bandaid fix...Destroyer title.

RPG = Role-playing game. How can you "roleplay" anything, if everyone is virtually identical. If everyone uses fire magic, everyone uses a greatsword, and everyone has the same utility spells...that doesn't sound like an RPG to me. That's an FPS game.

7. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

looks good, the players today are still copying our meta from 2010. it's boring. change it up, don't be afraid. spamming magma, eye rot and wof off cd while pushing melee isn't exactly fun nor skillful.

if you do change anything, PLEASE don't go afk for 3 months. if the community is upset, revert or tweak changes.. Asap! not that 30 people really matter tho, lul ^_^

Dixie Normus, Ch4r4x, Korag and 2 others like this.
  8. Rhulvir

Rhulvir Goblin Shaman

To be fair, darkfall has very little draw as a straight rpg game. There's not enough fun PvE content or things to do in your downtime. The reason most people are hooked on it is the FPS combat mechanic. But I fully agree on the utter lack of diversity, and the blandness of everyone using the same skillset. It's like playing counter strike, but the only weapon is the AK-47, for both teams, at all times. Sure, it's a good weapon, but that shit would get boring fast, which is basically the current combat situation in DF. Nobody wants the premise of combat to change in any way shape or form, but minor adjustments and slight specializations that cater to every persons individual preferences won't hurt the game at all.

Billy Lee and onslaught like this.
  9. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

No, it's hard to argue when people do not understand how much skill making bull classes removes from the game lol.

People who sucked at DFO loved UW because any low tier player could use the currently broken/OP skill to win.

Isaac Clarke likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

First you're exaggerating

Second we fucking NEED those low tier players to have fun and feel like they have somewhat of a chance for this game to EVER have a thriving population

And a thriving population is what you ALL should want as the top priority because without it nothing else works

11. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

The best input we need to prioritize and listen to is from players that don't play. Only thing I've learned from this entire thread.

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Exactly, that's how you increase population...

13. Isaac Clarke

Hero

lol

see you in game then my dude

14. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

How is shuffling up all the skills going to give new players a chance? It's an FPS mmo, the vets are going to dominate the new players regardless of how you shuffle things around just because they have mastered the fundamentals.

I agree new players need to have fun, but I think this won't achieve that. There needs to be a reason for the vet clans to mass recruit new players and play with them. 10 vets / 40 new players vs 10 vets/40 new players would be fun for everyone.

15. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

the issue is you don't... see.. any1 ingame! you.. or him.. or me... or anyone who's interested in dfo.

lol~~ i wonder why

Dixie Normus, Battle Smurf and Korag like this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean playing a good destro requires sooo much more skill, smart game play and gear. How many top tier destros can you name? How many stand out and are talked about like It was luck? I can only think of a few and hardly any at all thatr f
    I was better in DFO than I ever was in UW was you? I don't member you from df1
    Played UO for a long time, very skilled game had skill caps was a blast.
    They already said they are not adding classes in fact you can play the same way you do now after the patch, same skills and same binds and pretty much same effectiveness so when it comes to understanding perhaps you should look inward they are adding choices for those who seek them not making people choose to specialize in anything so please tell me how and or why that is so hard for you to comprehend?
    --- Post updated ---
    yes players that do not play because the game is dead go figure, maybe all those players not playing would be playing if it wasn't the same shit over n over and we actually had choices to make when making a character and builds to theory craft about and play. I mean do you always watch the same show over and over after 10 years?

17. Isaac Clarke

Hero

Squeaky wheel if I ever saw one

18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

If BPG follows through on the things they have mentioned this month you will

BTW I don't even know who you are so...

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

No we wont. You're full of shit, and you always have been.

Hook and Isaac Clarke like this.
  20. Isaac Clarke

Hero

'cause you don't plaaaaay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.