Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Combat Poll 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrain, Jun 5, 2018.

?

How should we proceed?

1. Stick with current plan - Remove specs, increase cobra (on PTS now)

31 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Just reduce heavy armor protections.

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Push all the changes to PTS and finish it

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Revert what is possible and finish the remaining changes on PTS

48 vote(s)
    44.0%
  5. Other: Explain in the comments

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

As I have previously admitted pushing the previous patch to live was a mistake, it was premature and needed more time on PTS. With that in mind, I took to the Discord combat focus group and asked:
    "What makes the combat changes on live bad and what can we change to make it good while we finish the rest on PTS?" - paraphrasing..

While there were varying responses the main consensus was that the armor changes made Destroyer spec'd players too tanky, and cobras were not useful.

The primary ideas brought to the table were to either reduce metal armor protections (which had some arguments against it) and the other was to remove specializations now so full heavy players didn't get the extra protections and the bonuses from the specs.

This led us to making the post we released yesterday saying we were going to push the spec removal and increase cobras speed, (due to push back I decided to leave sarracenia's as they are for the time being).

Complete reversal of the live patch isn't ideal due to some of the changes affecting the database. However we could revert a good portion of it if people still feel it's necessary while the remaining items get dealt with on PTS.

Coming from a programming standpoint I know the most ideal scenario is to move forward in some fashion be it reduce armor protections, remove specs now or something to that affect.

Now I am curious how this feels to people and if this is the right direction. Let me know.

2. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

option 2 but only infernal tbh fp seems ok maybe a small tweek. but infernal and dragon is way over the top

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

also back damage was nerfed a bit to hard imo at least in the heal department

4. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I think they should only have removed MELEE back damage. The rest should have stayed.

5. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

You don't even play. Stop.

Ray damage and destroyer bow shots to the back were as much of a joke as melee. (If not more of a joke)
    --- Post updated ---
    It's necessary - or else it further skews outnumbered fights.

6. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

I vote don't nerf sarra, make a tailor mastery armor so can compete with infernal or buff bone armor, remain no buffs, increase cobra damage and speed, bring back demon, bring back portal chambers, bring back system messages, back dmg should be higher

7. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

If you changed the armor buff from a % based approach to a flat 0.2 per piece for a total of 2 in each protection for a full gear set (for all gear) how would that stack up compared to the % based changes you did? Would it nerf the insane protections on infernal and dragon enough without being too much?

Fengor and koruun like this.
  8. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

Why isn't melee encumbrance even considered? It's completely logical to make someone who want's to do dmg as a destroyer to be in medium armor and someone who just wanted to be a tank with no dmg can wear heavy protections.

Also spell haste still need's to be removed when player's spec any destro skill.

#8 franchisee, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Crunchbert and quietnoobz like this.
  9. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I like option 4 - revert the changes and push all stage 1 combat changes to the PTS. Only when the whole thing is ready for the live server should it be patched over.

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

-Back damage: fine

-Buff/others removed: fine

-Armor prot: Revert please

-Base casting: fine.

-Delay reduction: apparently a problem with those who got high ping.(ask them).

-Staff magnitude effect: i don't know. The issue is probably just the armor prot increased.

Stamina damage on hammers: needs balance.

Last: bring back unburden: not for balance, but because it adds more utility: it makes heavy playstyle feelling less boring.

Overall, i think it's just the armour prot increased that's the problem. Imo, i don't think we need it, but we do need to make armor become more important at higher level, but that shouldn't mean that the game has to become gear-based. q4-q5, infernal, dragon should never get buffed imo, but there has to be more reason for us to reach those instead of capping FP and q3.

#10 Scrapnotcrap, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Slayven and quietnoobz like this.
  11. Kubalay

Kubalay Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Stick with current plan - Remove specs, increase cobra (on PTS now)

all vote stick with current plan

Combat is finally balanced and going in the right direction!

12. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

1 - Cobra /blackbolt 80 casting speed
    2 - Metal armour - 10 % protection melee/magic
    3 - bone/studded + 10% magic/arrow prot.
    4 - dont remove specialization
    5 - make possible meditate statistic up to 120
    6 - remove city buff
    7 - merge the most important enchant in the new specialization/perks
    8 - increase blund.protections for all the armour type or decrease the stamina drain effect of hammers
    9 - metal armour give bonus melee
    Studded/ bone arrows bonus
    New robes spells damage bonus

Methodico likes this.
  13. Kras Treetall

Kras Treetall Akathar
    Affluent Loyal Legend

Mages are still winning. They are just crying because they cannot win as easily as before. They are also crying because they can't beat someone in a 70k internal suit and q4 r70's with their r40 700 gold backbolt.

Stick to your plan and implement your paths to make things do more damage as you become focused on them.

MAGES ARE STILL WINNING!!!!!!

Thrill Kill, Kanak, Kubalay and 2 others like this.
  14. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

The right way for Rise of Agon isn't nerf or remove but add new gameplay style ....new arrows type new skills for tank new robes for mage - specializations - give bonus for all the armour type...ecc
    if i don't like use new armour or new skill i can continue to play like now....

15. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Never seen a vote so divided , maybe we can give holdings some value

16. Kanak

Kanak Goblin Warlord
    Legend

@kilrain

I voted "Stick with current plan - Remove specs, increase cobra (on PTS now)"

The only people voting to reduce armor protections are people who play mages and want their superiority back. The current protections are fine and justified. If someone is willing to risk a bag that costs 70k+, there should be great benefits in doing so. Contrary to what some of the louder members of the community are saying, people wearing full infernal or dragon are not unkillable. You just need to play better than the people risking 5-10x more than you. Remember, there is always a risk of being zerged down for that expensive bag, no matter how good you play.

PVP Balance
    The issue arising from the changes made so far is the lack of mastery armor for mages. This large discrepancy in armor makes up a good deal of the balance issues we have with the current combat.

If you guys are set on changing up combat balance, we need light mastery armors ASAP. Rare cloths and leathers shouldn't be too difficult to add in based on your patch history. Re-skin three of the current light armor sets and change the color, for now. Replace them with new assets as they are created in the future.

PVE Balance
    If you revert or nerf the armor protection buff, you will end up making PVE even more aids as well. With no buff others and heal others being nerfed with the back damage nerf, you need to bring one or two more people for nearly any activity you do, currently. Nerf the protections and that scales even higher.

To make PVE even remotely "fun/worthwhile" again, you will need to reduce HP pools and/or damage calculations on every single mob in the game enough to match the nerfs accrued from all of these changes.

17. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Kras is correct here.

I like the tanky feeling against magic now, as a heavy. I still lose, but at least its not in 8.32 seconds.....unless multi WoF'd, juggled or some such nonsense. :)

Todd of Hartford and Wes Furtive like this.
  18. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

1- For Warriors: Remove magic from heavy warriors. Warriors do not use magic.
    2- Remove encumbrance enchantment.
    3- Increase the damage difference between the encumbrance gaps. Magician using robes should hit a lot more than a wizard using bone.

Methodico likes this.
  19. Darktide

Darktide Spellgazer

Lets be honest Kras you're pretty bad at destro compared to almost everyone else. I'm not even trying to be mean but it's no wonder mages are still beating you.

20. Kanak

Kanak Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Barb, most of this is on ptr right now. Seems to be a pretty good way to handle it.

soulpcbr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.