Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Combat poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArrowExpert, Aug 9, 2018.

?

Revert combat?

Poll closed Yesterday at 3:13 PM.
  1. Keep it as it is.

24 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Go back to greatness

75 vote(s)
    75.8%
  1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

We admit when we make mistakes and try to learn from them.

But removing specializations from the equation was not a mistake and was part of our goal. This crusade to change combat back to the state it was months ago is honestly pointless, you would be better making your case on what you currently do not like and think should be changed such as what TJ mentioned above.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Black Knight
    Hero

I think its fun, but not fine.

Its not more casual friendly than it was and bad melee archers fall like flies while good melee archer in full infernal can take so long to kill.

#62 Scrapnotcrap, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    NonFactor likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Fire Giant
    Legend

4. vordy

vordy New Member

Revert it, please.

Daaltaran and NonFactor like this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

just revert awful changes.

Daaltaran likes this.
  6. Korag

Korag Fire Giant
    Hero

lol poll doesn't say anything. Polls said Trump had 0 chance of being president and this poll is just as biased and off target. Literally 15 people complaining if that about the change, some of which that have admittedly not played since its inception + the fact they are not even done with it yet as they have clearly said in many posts. Even the thread has at least 1 person using to accounts to comment you think that he didn't vote for his clearly biased side more than once also? This poll is shit and started as such from the beginning.
    --- Post updated ---
    it has always been that way...Lol what are you saying has changed exactly? Bad archers are bad while good archers are good? do you read the things you say ever??? hahaha

7. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Windlord
    Supporter

44 people voting in a poll for an MMO is a joke and should not be taken seriously, I completely agree. Way to easy for someone to create some Russian style sock puppet accounts at that scale to bork the numbers. Any changes should be made based on facts.

I honestly have no opinion on whether combat is better now, or before. I haven't played much Darkfall lately, like the 99.9% of other people who used to play darkfall. Unfortunately messing with combat was a mistake, as there were a ton of other weaker spots to the game that needed to be worked on first. After all the work and effort put into modifying combat, the majority of people seem to prefer it the old way? Doesn't seem like time well spent.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  8. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

Daaltaran and MaxiHori like this.
  9. Squanto

Squanto Infernal
    Legend

The combat is not fun or enjoyable anymore. You completely ruined it. Look at all of the players in this thread that are telling you this... wake up!

You are never going to be able to balance it or get it back to a point where it was before when you have average/below average players trying to balance it. If you want combat to remain skillful and make this into a competitive mmo, it needs to be reverted. Stop being stubborn. If you don't care about competition, just add tab target already or continue down this path you are on.

I have a crazy amount of playtime and I love this game, but I don't think I am ever coming back. You ruined the only reason I had to log in, and all of the people I enjoyed fighting also quit because of combat changes.

10. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

Interesting considering you and your clan argued for a lot of the changes instead of being steadfast like some of us against any kind of combat changes.

I'd log in every once in a while again if they completely reverted the combat changes and did a flat out damage reduction on all damage across the board.

Oh, and revert the stupid 20% spell cast reduction thing that Kilrain added in for whatever reason. (It made the game more ray heavy than ever btw)

WithoutShame likes this.
  11. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I think most people wanted mage vs mage ttk to be increased, instead its been decreased.

Methodico and WithoutShame like this.
  12. Squanto

Squanto Infernal
    Legend

They said they were making them no matter what, so we wanted to try and keep the game similar as to what it was prepatch. We had combat at a decent state early on, then they stopped listening to us and started wasting time testing random shit people spewed out so we stopped wasting our time.

We spent hours in that discord trying to keep combat the same, and for the most part we were ignored. In total I think we spent like 16+ hours each in that discord trying to help, and we got nothing out of it and combat was ruined. Complete waste of time.

13. Nat

Nat Oak Lord
    Legend

Wipe combat!

14. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Stormgraive
    Tester

I still check the forums once or twice a week.

Darkfall was the best I had ever seen it in my life. There was 20+ people in our voice comms on off times up to 40 sometimes.

Combat announcement and boom ghost town.

A LOT of good changes have been made since BPG started but, I do not see them listening to the community like they should be.

When I see 20-30 dedicated seemingly bright veterans asking for changes repeatedly it bothers me to see those requests never touched.

I hope BPG pulls the game out of the hole it seems to be in.

Message me if you ever would like any advice. Be back in a few days <3 <3

Uncle Jo, Ikaika Koa, Myater and 2 others like this.
  15. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

im sure they will revert stuff after this poll.

vive la democratie!

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  16. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

Well... He didn't win the popular vote lol, and Russia helped to get him elected...

WithoutShame and NonFactor like this.
  17. Blaze

Blaze Crypt Guard

I don't mind the current combat, but tbh I didn't have an issue with old combat either, I don't miss self buffing, I do miss buffing others, i miss my cheap blackbolts :p

The Red King and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  18. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Varangian Warthane
    Streamer Legend

word

19. Methodico

Methodico Deadeye

Thissssssss!
    --- Post updated ---
    The problem is ttk between mages, too much differences between q4 and q5. Now gear make too much difference plus 120 in all Stat make the combat broken. I think that the other combat changes are good. Now everyone go out in infernal plus cobra and it's difficult to have chances to win with this equip differences,try to find a solution to make enchanting only for pve is a good start!

20. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Earth Elemental

Let's remove combat altogether and replace it with a rock paper scissors minigame!