Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dev thread Coming patches and the path forward.

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by kilrain, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Crypt Guard

Now that armour protections have been reverted Greatclubs do more damage the speed is still a little low maybe 0.05 or 0.03 incease.

As a Hybrid you would not put on a Metal chest pecies because its got worse encumberance and protections than 4 small peices combined. People wear pants because they are lower encumberance than the other small peices (makes not sense).

2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Okay but what is wrong with this?

"as a hybrid" pretty much sums up the answer. You are not a full heavy, you're a hybrid, so dress accordingly and play with the encumbrance/protection ratio that works best.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Ryco Stormeye

To answer your question I think whats wrong is Metal Chest pecies are not used by anyone except Heavys. If the Metal chest peice had the same encumberance and protections as 4 small pecies (its very close, needs a small tweak) then it would be used by Hybrids as well. My orginal post was about making better use of exisiting ingame assests, so having the Metal chest pecies be used more would be a good thing.

Also from a imersion point of view as a Hybrid wearing a Metal Chest, Metal Helmet and Metal legs with the rest as bone or leather would look so much better than the current Meta.

Its a tiny point considering the other things I listed on my orginal post but just something I would prefer.

4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

There's nothing wrong with certain gear being utilized by certain playstyles. The metal chest piece is the worst encumbrance/protection RATIO, but it's also the highest protection piece available. The balance comes in when looking at the paperdoll, you can only equip so many armour pieces. The idea behind the Darkfall armour system is to mix and match whatever best fits your playstyle. Games become boring when it's a system that streamlines everything. They become bland.

One of the problems that probably needs highlighting in terms of armour is the fact that the best possible filler pieces for mages only cost like 30 gold, and the best possible filler pieces for heavies cost like 10000.

5. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Best possible staff for mage is over 100k best for a heavy is like 1k

6. Ryco Stormeye

I agree there is nothing wrong with certain gear being utilized by certain playstyles. And I agree with your comment about the metal chestpeices being the highest protection piece available. I just think because of its encumberance ratio no one other than full heavies will ever equip it. For a mage the Head, Feet, Legs and Hands are alwaysbetter. There is no option to use the chest. For a Hybrid everything is awlays better than using the chest. I am just trying to get way from their being only one way to setup the armour for your mage or hybrid and bring back some options.

7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Best possible staff for a mage = best possible staff for a destro. They both use Cobras. What are you on about?

8. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

Yeah you don’t have to bb is just as good. Can take all the gold from that for your fillers.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Last I checked a cobra was .75 speed, unless thats changed, thats actually quite a big upgrade, especially when taking high encumbrance into consideration.

10. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

No its back to .70

11. tyfusrex

tyfusrex Goblin Scout

I like these ideas, even if I find the arena stuff not so intriguing. In order to make the game more immersive, and to attract more players, I would like to see

- Farming and crafting. The best items in the game should be player crafted, the best food should be player farmed, and so on.

- Good/epic loot dropping from low level mobs. Even if the drop rate is very low, this is one of the things that makes grinding mobs more rewarding and exciting for new players.

- Trading and transport services. This one basically requires banking to be local or regional. One idea could be to call the current banking system "retail banking" or something like that, useful for storing money and equipment. Then add real estate banking that is local/regional, and useful for storing/transferring crops and larger construction items. Maybe even investment banking could be introduced at some point.

- Add large caves/dungeons with mobs, traps, puzzles, treasures and what not. These can be used to get to other places of the world faster than normal, but they would still be a challenge to pass through. Maps of these dungeons could be added to the lore of the game, but letting players figure out and draw up the maps them self is also an option.

Personally I suspect the extremely fast phased PvP combat puts of a lot of older players and players that doesn't have ADHD.
    I realize this is probably not a popular thing to change though.

12. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I just want to be able to farm carrots.

Porch likes this.