Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[Compromise]Players shouln't drop plates, bone, R40's(except blackbolt). Drop 25%-75% stacks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I really hate this patch, but i think that allowing players to keep their plate sets, bone sets would be enough. anything cheap that can easily be reproduced, they can keep that.

They can keep R40 melee/bow or anything below blackbolts. Some food shouln't be droppable as-well because you need that to keep going. Shields that don't require rare ingots should be kept on you.

As for regs, food, arrows, even golds and mats, you should only drop from 25% to 100% of that(based on alignment or maybe we should introduce more layers of risk). So when they die and decide to respawn nearby to keep farming, they would be able to do so.
    We can include a portion of gold, mats that they can keep on death.

Anything above mastery + blackbolts should be droppable everywhere.

Lastly, you must exclude a lot of area's from the main land. It can't be yellow everywhere. If you decide to farm at the iklit dungeon, selentine golem or some of the best spawn there is, you should risk everything. If chose to be bound where ever there's a mine, you risk all. Same with VCP's.
    With feedbacks from the community, you should go on and exclude more area's from the yellow zone.

Red zone on main-land should be as big as when you began to become rogue for leaving the racial area's.

I have been thinking about this and really, the only reason i'm complaining, it's because i'm constantly thinking of kiling a player in full dragon only to get none of these pieces after all the effort it took to take ''player1'' down.

2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Why?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

This is the problem with the game. BPG and people like you DO NOT THINK.

" i think that allowing players to keep their plate sets, bone sets would be enough. anything cheap that can easily be reproduced, they can keep that."
    - Garbage idea. Anything that vets can take advantage of, they will. Difference between r40 and r50 is so small, there would be no point to ever craft an r50 again. Same thing goes with bone armor in comparison to the new robes and new leather armor that will never be added,

There is real simple solution to every problem this game has, and that is for BPG to disappear.

4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Yeah, it's a compromise, not entirely what i want. I want this game to be 100% full loot again, but if the devs wants to go soft, that's my proposal. If they can let that pass, i would play again.

I don't loot bones and plate. I loot bones when they got stam efficiently.

If i bag loot and there's no bone or plate in the bag, i wouln't be mad.
    --- Post updated ---
    If you think for a second that the devs are going to revert this full loot patch, then you are wrong.

Why? Because we can't tell them to remove or revert anything no more and you know it. We tried that already.

5. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Undead Dwarf

When they add weaponslots to the paperdoll (they are planning on this) people will only drop the lootbag contents and regs, food etc in their backback if they die in the yellow zone. I think this is fine for yellow zone areas. People want to PvE in higher area but its a risk as you could get jumped. If people wear Dragon and R80 weapons to PvE in yellow area, well yes its overkill and you can't take it when you gank them but its another player in the game and you get all the loot they farmed efficently.

6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I don't think they are, and don't care if they do honestly. If I were still playing I'd probably stick close to where the best loot is, which shouldn't be a yellow or blue zone.

The Red King likes this.
  7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This patch IS the compromise...

Just stay in the 80% of the game world that is full loot

There is literally no problem, unless you're just mad you can't target complete newbs and z tiers as easily

The Red King and Sero like this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

this just proves you dont play. look at the market. i need to get most of what i need on mainland too. and kill ppl on sight, i revive newbs who cant put up a fight unless they clearly got something i want.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The maximum anyone should be getting in a yellow zone is like Full plate and Q3. If you're getting anything more than this, thats a reason to move spawns/lessen the zone, not a reason to change the zone mechanics.

#9 Sero, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  10. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Yeah. To be fair there's hardly anything of value inside yellow zones already except champions and some leenspar/theyril mines (you can hit bladethorpe/spear waters and not get looted btw, not even the ore). The only big downside is people can literally go duel to their blue/yellow city l in full dragon all day and not worry about getting raided at all.

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

That argument that i should go sub-island if i want full loot is bad enough. Ppl who want a fight can kill champs or theyril/leenspar golem(true?).
    We don't always want to fight or to risk anything. It's the sense of danger that makes this game feel as hardcore as ever.

Now on yellow zone, there's actually some good spot to farm, there's even videos about some of these spawns. you can do all of them completely risk free and don't get me started with the fact that your inventory still drop. The same way you can drop shield to dodge cypto's ultimate from apex, is the exact same way you can avoid from being full looted at all. It's as carebearish as it gets.

Edit:

i have to look for the noob comic page to sum-up this whole patch

#11 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Then move the spawns

Huh?

Take a look around bud. Theres no one playing the game. One can argue content this content that, but that one fat streamer guy who rolled dwarf literally sat in monkfield for an hour struggling to do the most basic shit like spawn a fucking mount. You think these people are going to stick around when they get ganked leaving monkfield? Theres a better chance for slow people to get a grasp of the game if the punishment isnt high. We can sit here and ask for content all we want but all that does is appease the vets. The NPE in this game is fucking HORRID. I'd argue that they instill a proper tutorial in this game before they start introducing content.

If I was BPG, i'd look at finishing off NPE, adding new quests, finishing TCS, fixing mob spawns/drops and then relaunching the game as we continue to pursue new content additions. These things should have been fixed before the game even launched, and the population reflects that.

Battle Smurf, The Red King and Sique like this.
  13. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I have been looking for this.

[​IMG]

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Thats a lot of players playing darkfall. And a lot of shit tiers with shitty gear.