Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Concerns about naked pvp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Down Here, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Down Here

Down Here Deadeye

Too many people roll around robed/chest pieced up because there are 0% damage nerf while playing naked(prob do more magic damage in a robe considering 0 encumberence).

Can we maybe get some DMG debufs for robed players to prevent naked pvp/ naked zerging?

What are your guys' opinions agree or disagree?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

disagree, stop losing to nakeds

3. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Wrong. They come en masse. We're discussing the naked zerg of high end players that are afraid of losing pixels or being put in videos, so they choose to robe and zerg when the opportunity presents itself.

4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

ohh, so ur saying u want to nerf naked fighting because the people you are raiding are too difficult to kill while wearing nothing? Why dont u just raid them in robes if u know they arent going to be wearing anything? even up the playing field

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  5. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

Look at superstar, being a thick idiot as always.

6. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

this is such a troll ass response, there needs to be more risk vs reward, the armor system was one of my biggest problems with this game on eu1. I remember thinking well shit i can run around naked and kill ppl the entirety of this shit game. It was one of the main reasons i quit until long after na rollover. Melee and archery should do cap damage to people in robes every hit.

Battle Smurf and Nightmare UDL like this.
  7. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I don't have a solution to the robes issue but it definitely is a problem imo. People can be quite deadly even with minimal armor and it is always a bad feeling to die to someone wearing basically 0g worth of armor. It also makes the game look silly when tons of people will only wear robes even though they're bad.

8. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

how am i being thick. This thread was made because they are raiding people that arent wearing gear, and are mad that they arent getting to loot anything worth fighting for. Even if wearing no gear made u take cap dmg, it isnt going to make people put on gear if they dont want to. Lets say they take full cap every hit if they are naked or wearing a robe. So now they just wear a plate chest. "Nerf plate chests, they are essentially wearing no gear and putting up a fight". Ok now theres a nerf in another way. Next step is put on full bone, "oh no full bone is too strong, they are risking a low set and still putting up a fight". Bone is cheap as fuck, the reason they would just go naked or with a robe is because it take less time to equip

Sintan likes this.
  9. Vrain

Vrain Crypt Guard
    Legend

Just introduce extra crit dmg to robbed/naked warriors ;) whether melee spell or arrow

10. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

We all rag on unholy wars but making people wearing no/partial armor take extra damage was great, and robes were a legit and very cool armor to wear too. I think roa needs to make robes a legit option, especially with 100 tailoring being a requirement to make extravagant robes.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  11. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

This

12. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The whole point is they will just wear shitty gear like they did in UW. Cool, now instead of naked they are in padded.

Super Star likes this.
  13. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

That's a quick fix but robes should have a place in the game, they need major changes.
    --- Post updated ---
    At least padded gave attack speed though.

14. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

a mage should not get extra damage or faster casting the less they wear it should be what they put on should be raiseing those things not taking it off.

Oresmacker, Korak and Battle Smurf like this.
  15. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

If armor is not worth the cost, then that's a valid discussion to have. If the problem is more to do with zerging, then I can't help you, buddy. This is Darkfall. It's not about fair fights. Get zerged hard enough and it doesn't matter what they are wearing.

I remember in DF1, while in the guild Dominion, raiding Hammerdale when it was owned by NEW. Sure, we would get zerged down, but other times we would win against huge numbers. I remember one particular time when we stretched out the NEW zerg pretty far, and then 3 of us held our ground. Me, Fspy, and Angelus. We won against about 15 people. We couldn't even get half the loot because they kept streaming out of the city, but a win is a win.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  16. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

How about making nakeds actions (melee/archer/magic) costs double normal stat cost?

Then you could actually incentivize everyone to gear up by making low quality armor still have 25% more stat cost. Med qual armor normal stat cost. High quality armor could give 10% reduced stat cost. You'd have to put in an expensive high tier mage (and maybe archery?) armor tho.

If a bunch of scrubs in low tier armor zerg you in a high end bag you have the longevity from extra stat efficiency to fight longer/outnumbered.

17. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

It's a decent concept but it would punish the new players that actually use those armors regularly and create a meta in which only strong armor is viable.

18. Vrain

Vrain Crypt Guard
    Legend

They do keep your toon warm my son ;) + maximum spell dmg and cast time. We need ppl to wear pixels not to take em off. Some ppl can kill naked ,fully geared opponents but that is just the nature of this game. Some guys are just better at the game no matter what you gonna change.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

They should redo the encumbrance system all together
    Mage gear brings it down
    Heavy brings it up

20. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Another thing is how deep of a hole do you want people being bind camped to be in?