Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Concerns about player or GM favouritism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ginger Magician, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Faukul

Faukul New Member

What i'm getting from your post is that because they bought a license they won't risk going corrupt? is this correct?

2. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

If they have any hope of this becoming a sustainable, successful product, they will do whatever they can to prevent this from happening.

If even one tiny drop of GM or employee favoritism leaks out, it's going to do terrible damage, especially considering they have a direct competitor.

I am as skeptical as anyone, especially knowing that employees are going to be trolling around Agon with their friends, pretending like they don't know what's going on and what everyone is doing. I doubt their ability to resist the temptation. It's too much power.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Circa likes this.
  3. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

GM Plutxii is the answer

Kalos likes this.
  4. Osium

Osium Goblin Scout

Nobody from TM is involved in this project.

Considering how fast we figured out the game, figured out the loop holes, figured out what worked, what didn't why what worked worked, why what didn't work didn't work. They could do a lot worse than having some of us.

Just because we tear games down faster than any other group of players and assimilate the knowledge, doesn't mean we don't want games like this to succeed. Believe me when I say, we gave Adventure Time plenty of help, plenty of suggestions and we really, despite what people like to say, didn't hold any bugs back in beta.

Yes we abused the hell out of anything we found, but we also reported everything we found. This isn't exactly new to us. We have a well documented history of reporting massive bugs.

We discovered a dupe in Asherons Call one weekend. We called the lead developer Jason Booth, as in actually called him. We told him how who to talk to, to reproduce it. It was fixed within 48 hours of our discovery.

I personally discovered a type of dupe in Everquest in the steamfont mountains, where you could trade items to a certain NPC and get rubies back. I reported it as soon as I figured it out. It was fixed shortly thereafter.

I personally discovered a bug in DAOC with berserkers shortly after launch, which allowed a Berserker to bug out their weapon slots and duel wield 2h axes, effectively allowing them to solo reds and purples with no down time. I contacted Mythic and reported it the weekend I discovered it. It was fixed soon after.

5. Glabro

Glabro Goblin Shaman
    Legend

GM need to be unbiased. Only way GMs can be unbiased is when they are hired outside the company and are not playing the game. Any other situation will ALWAYS end with someone, sometime abusing his/her power somehow (albeit in a small measure). That's how universe works.

imho BPG should be professional and once the real game launches hire GM outside of community.

6. Sloppy

Sloppy Goblin Warlord
    Legend

It doesn't matter who you hire.
    In every department, of every company or government in the world there is corruption.
    If the game's economy is strong, there will be corruption.

A GM that has never played DF before CAN still be bought.
    But what they are doing is logging everything, and having an ombudsman go over the logs.
    For those who don't know what an Obudsman is ----> an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against maladministration, especially that of public authorities.

Information is money in an MMO with a good economy. That's why Player Auctions is so popular.
    In Darkfall there's a thousand things that a GM could do that would cross the line.
    It could be as simple as tipping off the location of a group of players, to as game breaking as giving 1 billion gold to a player.

In my opinion DnD has already crossed the line by selling DUELs in their shop.
    To me what DnD is doing is the same as creating gold and selling it on Player Auctions.

The economy is the most important part of an MMO. Especially a full loot MMO.
    If the shit you take off people isn't worth real world cash, than what's the point in playing?

Conclusion - How can you expect no corruption in RoA, when every single political entity on the planet is corrupt.
    People threatening to go to DnD at the first sniff of corruption make me laugh.
    Just as hard as Americans who were so mad about Obamacare, they threatened to move to Canada!!!

7. Arkillion

Arkillion Dire Zombie

didnt know you work on the cartoon series for kids.

8. Glabro

Glabro Goblin Shaman
    Legend

What is "DUELs"? I see that shop is not even working on DND website so what is it about?

9. Machinist

Machinist Deadeye

this is pretty much the only way, just talking about df past from what i recall there was a AV guy in SUN who give small tip offs of information and reset the server when they lost a big ship.

10. Sloppy

Sloppy Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Duels are something that's in a lot of games now (They have different names).
    You go to the store and pay your 15$ and you get an in game item that can be redeemed for a month sub.

The problem is some player can buy 25 duels, and sell them all in game for gold. (Which I have no problem with)

If some guy wants to buy gold in game, he should purchase it from a player on Player Auctions, and not from the company in charge of running a healthy economy.

If another guy needs money for a sub, he should farm some gold and sell it on player auctions!

It's a huge conflict of interest! DnD made up some crap about how it prevents gold sellers.

If these games want more revenue, they should increase the cost of a sub, or make their game better so people don't stop playing!

They also should ignore any Real Money Transactions. They should be happy people care about their games economy.

Anyways, to get back on topic.
    I will be very surprised if they achieve their goal of little to no corruption.
    Just hope it's dealt with in a harsh manner when it's discovered!
    It's a pretty small community, so people will quickly find out if there's any shenanigans going on!

11. thorinhood

thorinhood Skeleton Archer

Necro thread.. but as a member of Kill Cult, I can tell you that this is simply not true. Claus was mostly MIA during the entire time we played DF. He had spent so much time thinking about darkfall, his desire to play it was nonexistent.

12. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Guys the Dev are joining random clans as "Hidden Devs" they intend to punish you not reward you with favoritism. It is only by punishment that you can be made pure enough to receive a Glory of Agon!

Also if you suspect anyone of being a Hidden Dev there are a few tells to look for.

* Hidden Devs love to avoid Coms
    * Hidden Devs love to tag along but are never seen doing anything solo
    * Hidden Devs Don't accept "gifts" that exceed 1,000gp
    * Hidden Devs will spontanously quit your Clan and bugger off if you accuse them of being a Hidden Dev publicly!
    * Finally, hidden Devs are dead to the forms can never be bothered to send private messages over the forms.

Hope this helps everyone to be on the look out for Hidden Devs, you never know who you can trust in Darkfall!