Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Considering coming back...

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by Lexendros, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Is it still "Go this race for meta pvp" or can I play a dwarf finally and not feel bad about gimping myself?

Are destroyers viable without being gimmicky?

Any tips for a vet who hasn't played in a year?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Neilk likes this.
  2. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

wolf is too big,human is the best still lol
    --- Post updated ---
    meta race still in game,for example you cant play ork male,but ork female is ok
    --- Post updated ---
    and this is not something bad. UW crap was like a joke when every race was a human race
    --- Post updated ---
    every race have unique feeling and this is good for this game

3. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

duel join a clan

4. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

Races:
    • Wolves have 2 very strong racials (huntspeed and now also bonus physical protections) but still suffer from the old issues of being very large and not fitting through some spaces. Reach was increased to compensate for having to look down in melee more often, so they're not bad.
    • Elves are my other favorite, with ridiculous tag distance (basically just as far as you can load people) and bonus archery damage, while having a slim character model, good height for splashing aoes in first person and very good melee reach. Female definitely has a better camera angle than male in my opinion, and is easier to water begone with.
    • Human buff duration (I think it's +30%?) is great if you find yourself cross buffing and debuffing a lot, size is ok, reach feels pretty short on female, haven't played male enough to know if it's better, but people seem to do well with it.
    • Low ping orks with daggers are disgusting, and female ork has the weirdest camera angle in melee, people seem to like it a lot.
    • Alfars have t-rex arms and higher magic protections, being a high ping player I found the reach to be pretty much unplayable on female.
    • I've never PVPed on a dwarf so I couldn't tell you if they're any good.
    Destroyer: Lots of destroyers in sieges lately. Still tough to win 1v1s if you don't have very low ping and sticky skills. They changed things so going over 0 archery encumbrance lowers destroyer/mage killer bonus damage by up to 50% (at 50 archery encumbrance), so a light destroyer build deals a lot more damage but also feels like you have no armor even with 6 piece infernal. Arrow and piercing protections are completely separate now and you're not as likely to run into people with arrow enchants on them.
    Also, transmute bows + elemental arrows are pretty good for PVE, and destroyer is still good for PVE vs staff mobs (like minotaur shamans).

onslaught and Bartlebe like this.
  5. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Meh, just watch my recent destro videos.

Dwarves are just as good as any other race. The Dwarven Perseverance skill is very nice for destros(It's near impossible to run out of stamina while it's active).

Nat likes this.
  6. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Get back in here Lex!

7. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Are greatswords still the meta? I heard GC made a brief spotlight?

I'm honestly rolling a new toon to learn the game again. I may play on my main, we'll see.

8. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

I have seen people still using all 3. I believe GS is still the favorite because of the attack speed compared to GA and GC. Benefit that GC has over GS is most people are using Slashing Protection enchants and not so many with Blud prot

9. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

People who don't use polearms are cowards.

10. Grisvok

Grisvok Skeleton Archer

Havent played in a year? Im not a real vet by any means (only played RoA casually) but theyve made some good changes so far. Combat kinda goofy but theyre reverting it. Probably worth coming back then or TC1. Free right now so its worth logging in for some bank building if you still need to do any. Otherwise its pretty much village pvp.

There have been some new players around with free to play. Not a ton though. Whenever they figure out NPE itll probably be pretty healthy. No clue on the timeline for that.

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Sometime, i'm thinking about going mahirim to get a super long reach with daggers. Longest reach, stamina racial i think, fastest running speed, weird hitbox.

Ork looks good, best melee, but i don't wanna go female ork. Make ork feel a little too big.

male Human got buff other duration, balanced height/reach. If you not sure about anything, go male human.

Mirdain feel good overall

Female dwarf is good; i think their hitbox can be weird too. The male one is too big for the screen in melee view i think.

Imo, Alfar is the best race if you got low ping to make-up for the lack of long melee reach. Alfar are evasive, harder to track-down at night, easily blends in groups so you never really get focus-down unless you tilt.

12. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

imo strongest races/genders are female dwarf and female wolf. If you are a support player you should go human because the extra buff other duration is really nice to have (I wish they would make buffs a little longer tho).

I think female dwarf is very strong because of the magic and melee angle, the fact that they are small, the dwarf ability, and the fact that no one runs around with dwarfslayer enchants. When myself and juice were both dwarfs however everyone was doing q4 dwarfslayer :)

female wolf is also very very strong because they have extra strafe speed and they get 1.5 flat extra archery and melee protection which counters both elf and ork. They have longest melee reach so if you have a good stickyback and lower ping its almost impossible to drop a stickyback. Magic camera angle is really good and if you don't mind only being able to see 1/3 of peoples characters in melee the wolf reach and melee arc makes up for their bad camera angle in melee.

Everything is playable, there is no real meta currently for races.