Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Continent Events

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by propain, May 31, 2019.

1. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

So I got the idea from WoW. They have weekly Battlegrounds for increased honor and everyone plays that specific battleground, so for Darkfall I wanted to toss out the idea of maybe getting everyone in a zone every few days. Here is some ideas below.

• Every three days the location of the 'event' will be one of the four sub continents. Yssam, Ruby, Cairn, Niff.
    • While under this effect the continent will have a surge in Rare Node spawns, Chaos Chest spawns, city mine yield rates, harvesting loot, and monster loot has a higher chance to drop 'rare' items like maps, keys, runestones (maybe even champs could drop a bonus q6 gem or something) etc...
    Its preliminary but I think it gets the point across, funnel people into a zone for some good ole fashion PVP, use different means if you need as mine aren't the greatest examples but people always talk about shrinking the map or designating one continent for people to bind out of and I think this could be a way to do something similar.

What you guys think?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 propain, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

This.

3. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Simple, effective. I like it.

Should also boost gathering.

propain likes this.
  4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Aye that'd be another good reason to add. Would be dope on yssam/niff specifically for limestone/mahogany yields if its big enough.

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

This was brought up in the past as a per zone thing. Does everyone think the entire island would be better or specific zones? (tiles)

6. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I think it might be more fun for a bigger zone. More people would be inclined to think they could reap the rewards in a bigger zone which might prompt more people to partake. If it was a single tile the lesser skilled players might not even attempt it as they know the big fish would be in the immediate area with a very high finding rate.

Blaze likes this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I like it, every 3 days switch to a different island continent and rotates, increase gathering and drop rates give people to roam those areas. Increase chaos chest and rare nodes. Make and give people reason to want to go to these areas condensed people mean more likely encounters More pvp
    --- Post updated ---
    I think a whole island is better, allows for more people to come and still have a chance to not get zerged down, the little guys might think they can farm the lesser spawns and not be blobbed down, if it’s just a tile it’ll be mainly big blobs and the little guys won’t want to partake

Shieldbreaker and propain like this.
  8. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What kind if duration? Peak hours? Being lucrative it shouldn't be any time during the 3 days or some will have free reign.

Blaze and propain like this.
  9. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Oh good point prob peak hours of the 3 day before changing to next island

propain likes this.
  10. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

True.