Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Couple Important Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Red King, Mar 17, 2019.

1. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

1 - We need Arrow Protection / Stone skin to be standard - That would save 48 Items needed for a gear set - Maybe make it an achievement for running a quest and it lasts a week = 2 more hot spots.
    Having to grind for stam efficiency / mana efficiency / 3 keens if u have daggers and bow / magnitude / banes on 3 on weapons is enough - if you broke down a high end gear set to mats its probably what 200 items? Disgusting - new players wont do that.

2- Why cant we split items in our extension bank????

3- Why cant we look at the web when the game is loading? It will crash

4 - Fengor needs his indestructible back, he was one of maybe 2 players - give it to him, I miss playing with him. Also give it a small bump since you made him wait so long.

5 - There are tons of quests in this game, have team B change the rewards and give newbies rank 50 gear / FP and below for rewards - why not use a good base - should be an easy fix

6 - Meditation is bugged - takes 7 days and 50k to go from 3 to 5 LOL - game wont survive like this, you had it perfect before when it was visually bugged, it was like 3 days to go from 0-5 with a cost of like 13k? With all the spells we have, this is the sweet spot

7 - We need our ray casted way points - Or maybe make smoke signal a instant direct beam that we can use in place - this way both sides get a visual

8 - VCPs - Need a very small bump in loot like 10% - I have done a few and they kind of suck - VERY SMALL - hard to get a good sweet spot between too good and not enough, also mage armor needs to be reworded on point value - I have a 200k gear set on and its tier 4 lol

9 - I think having a solo spot on the billboard where the first 2 people to port and then it disappears would be SICK / You have have one for 2v2 - only two party's of two can go through and then its closed.

10 - Make portal chambers that can port you to any wilderness portal - cost is 1 shard- make rune books cost 3-4 shards to persuade people to use the portal chambers - would get some organic pvp

11 - We need something to do..... besides farm when there is no organized pvp going on

12 - Make a Summon spell that can only be used on tombstones - this way we can gank everyone - take what we want, and then summon him back if they are newbies - its the cheesy way to do a res spell

13 - Remove inferno blinding effect

14 - impulse and explosion should be locked at 0

Less important Ideas
    14 - Sithras need a small speed bump - would be cool to see these amazing weapons used - start with 35 speed and go from there

15 - Clan banks wont stay resized

16 - Remove mount sprint -= useless with the bug

#1 The Red King, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Kappa

Kappa Goblin Scout

They also need to revert the mobs in dungeons. When they did the mob change to center map, they single handledly devalued/ made worthless almost every single halfway decent dungeon in the game. I understand the desire for the hot spot in the center but by removing any decent mob out of dungeons you destroyed the hotspots that already existed within them and created just another worthless aspect of the game.

3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

4. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

oi, use that black knight armor for the veilron/neithal armor set in between fp/infernal.

its already in game and would be easy to implement my dudes.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

i like this thread

6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

- Paperdoll closing when you hit a loadscreen regardless if you have it locked to stay open.

(Theres a fuck ton of other broken shit but this one is the one that really PEEVES me off!)

Thrill Kill and The Red King like this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

get rid of inferno blind plz!

MaxiHori, The Red King and Sero like this.
  8. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Agree with most - except Sithra.

They're stupid broken, but people just haven't taken the time to verify how broken. /shrug

Just to reiterate - they're worse than daggers will or ever have been.

Thrill Kill and Blaze like this.
  9. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I gotta say, enchanting jewelry for every single bag is the most tedious and boring shit I've ever experienced. I don't miss self buffs, but fucking hell, I sure do prefer them over enchanting 3x pieces. Not sure why we couldn't just make static buffs.

MaxiHori, Bonii, Kantor and 8 others like this.
  10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

CONSOLIDATE ENCHANTS.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  11. The Red King

Loyal Legend

I know poison Sithra is great cause it ignores armor and the power attack is a slow that overrides haste if I remember right but we did a test and a Q4 r60 great sword out damaged a Q4 poison Sithra when we just stoood in front of each other, imo that is under powered for a 80k weapon or whatever mat cost is nowadays - I tested this about 3 months after launch, could have changed by now but doubt it - rest of the sithras are worthless

12. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

4 pc mage with poison sithra + shredder out-damages full infernal + Q5 keen/slayer daggers.

Also, I believe every sithra power attack applies the melee slow.

13. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

games the best its been what are you on about. having an enchant drop down menu to for what enchant u want to place....ludicrous come on guys what would our Agon founders think about all this blasphemy you are all spreading.

14. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

appreciate the efforts.. but none is listening

Inkarnation, MaxiHori, Bonii and 2 others like this.
  15. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

16. Raap

Raap Gravelord

The solution here seem very straight forward, no?
    • Remove the ability to enchant rings and necklaces.
    • Remove Protection enchants.
    • Remove Attribute enchants.
    • Jewel Crafting: Add a large number of new accessories that come with fixed value protections or attributes.
      • Jewel Crafting recipe list re-organised to have root directories in accessory type (ring, necklace, earring). These then separate into sub-categories based on their equip-effect, and ordered by rank/magnitude.
      • Code:
        Divide the recipes for rings and necklaces as follows:
        R0     -    1.0 skill        -    Effect Quality 0.5
        R10    -    25.0 skill       -    Effect Quality 1
        R20    -    50.0 skill       -    Effect Quality 1.5
        R30    -    75.0 skill       -    Effect Quality 2
        R40    -    100.0 skill      -    Effect Quality 2.5
        R50    -    100.0 mastery    -    Effect Quality 3
        R60    -    125.0 mastery    -    Effect Quality 3.5
        R70    -    150.0 mastery    -    Effect Quality 4
        R80    -    175.0 mastery    -    Effect Quality 4.5
        R90    -    200.0 mastery    -    Effect Quality 5
        Champion Q6 gems for Protections and Attributes changed into pre-made accessories.
      • Add Jewel Crafting Mastery to reduce recipe bloat in one skill by splitting it in two.
      • All Jewel Crafting recipes cost a base value for the jewelry rank, plus the added enchanting material cost, but requiring 6 enchanting materials, up from 5:
      • Because enchanting works in steps of 1/3rd based on the ingredient quality, it means some changes in the recipe cost will be needed. By raising the recipe cost to 6 materials per type instead of 5, you can more easily separate the recipes that are not a 'single digit' value. The most straight forward thing to do here would be to ask for 50/50 materials for all x.5 jewel recipes so that for example a piece of Q2.5 jewelry needs 3x3 Q2 materials and 3x3 Q3 materials. This increase is compensated for by the greater crafting convenience, plus arcane protection from the jewelry.
    • Earrings: These have never served a purpose, this could be an opportunity to give them one. Add a 4th jewelry category for these in Jewel Smithing, and give earrings special effects, including possibly some of the much less used enchants such as underwater breathing.
    • Take this as an opportunity to improve the overal recipe costs of jewelry in RoA, the entire skill can currently be maxed purely by gold. There is a disturbing lack of 'jewels' in RoA 'jewelry'. The mastery skill specifically should have more interesting recipes, especially since this partially replaces enchanting.
    Edit: Updated post to solve an issue with x.5 recipes
    Edit2: I'm not a big fan of that base skill rank 100 -> 1.0 mastery jump essentially having no progression flow, it skips it entirely making the 100 base skill recipe pointless, save for remote crafting. This is an issue with most RoA crafting skills. It can be solved, but it will need a revisit to how crafting skills work to begin with.

#16 Raap, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    KingLlama, Xipos<3 and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  17. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We're always listening, however to keep up with the suggestions that are half decent we'd need 20+ devs to remotely cover the QOL alone in an acceptable timeframe for most players :).

Theorycrafting outpaces feasible development realities by a rather sizable ratio.

Blaze and Sero like this.
  18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

"1 - We need Arrow Protection / Stone skin to be standard - That would save 48 Items needed for a gear set - Maybe make it an achievement for running a quest and it lasts a week = 2 more hot spots.
    Having to grind for stam efficiency / mana efficiency / 3 keens if u have daggers and bow / magnitude / banes on 3 on weapons is enough - if you broke down a high end gear set to mats its probably what 200 items? "

I completely disagree with all of this.

Quit fucking with risk vs reward if someone is willing to grind out and risk more enchanted/ higher ranked shit they deserve a significant combat advantage as a reward.

If YOU don't want to grind and risk enchanted shit that's your choice.

If YOU think a PvP bag REQUIRES every enchant, that's YOUR problem.

Quit trying to remove all the meaning from PvP in this game.

Higher rank gear should actually be HARDER to get, more rarely used, and MORE POWERFUL.

The best tier gear should make you significantly stronger and make you actually be scared to risk losing
    it or excited to loot someone wearing it. Otherwise what's the POINT of full loot?

Everyone should NOT be running around in fully ~Q4 enchanted Infernal, cobras, and rank 60/70 weapons 24/7, that's retarded. The first 5 ranks of gear might as well not even have existed for how shortly they were used in ROA
    --- Post updated ---

Why even have people farm gear at all? It's just tedious right? Let's just give everybody Q5 Dragon bags everytime they log in and remove full loot /s

Why are you even playing a sandbox mmorpg?

You know there's a shitload of NON Sandbox MMORPG games available if you only want to log in and bang without any grind, meta, or risk vs reward

19. The Red King

Loyal Legend

First nobody is going to listen to you since you dont even fucking sub. I sub 3 accounts and buy countless nithron coins just to support them.

Secondly nobody in there right mind wants to have a 200 piece gear set, its insane!!!!!! Even OG Df did not have this, for 99 percent of the people.

If you played, you would know that everyone does run around in Q4, thats the normal set now. If not Q5 by the best players. People have lives and cant spent 100 hours to farm a gear set, do you have any clue what a kind of advantage a Q5 fullly enchanted set is vs a Q3? Play the game and then talk. Until then, nobody is listening.

If I told the 2 new guys that I got to play that each gear set requires 200 items, they would quit immediately and so would 99% of all competitive people.

Schnid, JEDIMind, Bonii and 4 others like this.
  20. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I agree

Schnid, Sero and Bonii like this.