Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Curious about login issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saidrin, May 1, 2021.

1. Saidrin

Saidrin New Member

I just reinstalled this game after an absence of several years. Installed and updated yesterday. Played a few hours last night no problems. But today, I just can't get the thing to let me play lol. Started with Error 2: Lost Connection to Server. Kept trying until I got it to go. Then I started getting a Patcher error: #14 that wouldn't go away until I came here and found the fix is to restart the client twice. Weird but it worked. Now I can get to the point of selecting my character and starting the login.... except I just get a black screen. No errors but it doesn't ever finish logging in, just sit there with a black screen. Tried restarting client, restarting laptop, just doesn't seem to want to go. So, I'm curious if this is just me or if this is semi-normal and other people also find the some days the game just doesn't want them to play?

2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Just you... Post in Discord and they will help u. Try doing a repair first.

3. Saidrin

Saidrin New Member

Discord? So the community is the support? What do you mean by 'repair first', reinstall?

4. kittengirly

kittengirly New Member

hmmm I'm assuming you're running a Windows OS ?

I sometimes get the "lost connection to the server" thingie happen to me when trying to log my character in but I just relogin and its always fine after that :)

I've had the blackscreen in Linux b4.. and it was due to being in need of updated lutris/playonlinux scripts.. but never in windows. ;\

oh, and under Windows - I had to change an option for "Disable Microsoft Application Servers" in my firewall to "Block Microsoft Application Servers" soooooo if you like recently installed some anti-ms cleansing software, that may be doing it too :\

P.S ya i don't use discord either

hehehe its a nice linux game ^_^ if it runs - you don't even need to run KDE or GNOME desktops with with it lols

#4 kittengirly, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  5. Saidrin

Saidrin New Member

I've been told by the discord staff it's most likely because my connection is wifi. I mean, I guess that could be it but it seems weird to me it would be because it plays fine on the rare occasions I got into the game. 60-70 ping and I don't get dropped. I'm not sure why the connection would be good enough for the game but not the launcher /shrug.

I'm using Win10 OS but I use a bitdefender firewall. I will try your suggestion about blocking ms app servers if there is an equivalent choice in bitdefender. If not, I'll switch to the windows firewall and try it there. When I was testing what could be the problem, I completely turned off the firewall of course.

Whatever it is, it's troubling to me there are still such problems with the launcher. I mean this is a 2010 problem. Why it's still around, I dunno.... I'm playing other mmos over wifi with no issues at all - EVE, GW2, 2 other small indie games in Gloria Victus and Crowfall.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions