Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Current gear farming is total trash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Euchre, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

this mob consolidation needs to be reverted.

You simply CAN NOT FARM SOLO for any type of competitive bag.

Every fucking spawn you go to, within a few min you get jumped by a group. Not someone else wanting to farm, a group.

Should it be safe? of course not.

The risk vs. reward is totally broken right now.

You have 2 options.

1. Go solo, risk a bag, just trying to farm for bags, die to the zerg.
    2. Go in a group so you can fight off the inevitable group that's coming, get nearly nothing for time invested after loot is divided.

If like me, you only get to play primetime hours, you have NO options, unless you want to farm noob mobs.

2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

What about the option to farm gold from other sources and participate in the market for the other items you need?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

^ this is the answer.

RoD likes this.
  4. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

Well, inflation of mats has gone so far out of control that the time invested in it to make a decent bag now is becoming prohibitive.

Enchants are STUPID expensive, but you 100% need them.

I am frustrated with this as a player that has a decent bank... How is a newer player that doesn't have that, nor the skills to craft and enchant his own stuff supposed to not get frustrated with the absence of a midgame?

Also the market is becoming flooded with these lesser items, from people trying to make gold that you get less for your time invested... The only items going up in cost are the ones that you now can't get without a group.

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

IDK.

I see the concern, but I generally don't have a problem with it. Between the market, and the ability to combine lower tier enchant mats into higher tier ones, not a big deal to me.

The market is pretty ripe, you can farm a lot of different things and make money from it.

I don't like selentine golem placement. I much preferred DFO/Early ROA corners of the world, and wouldn't mind seeing them spread out a bit more. Maybe 1 per racial area, maybe in a dungeon, instead of only around center map.

The moment they changed evil eyes, I went to the market and bought literally all of it for 250-400 ea, and marked it up to 1000 each because that change was obviously going to fuck that market. I understand taking them out of the dungeons, but basing them only around center might have been too much. Seems like a smack in the face to make it so the spawns also include spellgazers as well.

Similar situation with oathlieges.... The center map spawn is probably hands down one of the best 2 man farming spots in the game, but not alot of people farm it. No one wants to go farm; only to get spotted by some cunt who can runebook in 5 friends to come zerg your ass down.

Don't even get me started on the racial areas. They are SOOOOOOOOOOO bad right now. Just take a look at the heatmap. Elflands, especially, is a joke. Lots of area full of: not a lot.

#5 Sero, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    KeredCaltith, Cyborg, Snow and 7 others like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Farming mobs to make your own gear atm is cancer and is pretty much the reason i stopped playing. i used to love solo faming to make gear or sell it if i need gold but now its not even worth my time.

quietnoobz likes this.
  7. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

It's not nearly this bad, what spawns are you going to? Don't go to golems, don't go to oathlieges, and your chance of getting jumped per kill is extremely low. Look at enchanting mats that sell for a decent price, farm those mobs, get gold, and then buy what you need off the market.

This is a very good point. More oathliege spawns, or increasing portal shard rate on other mobs is needed. Also deployable objects that block people from runebook teleporting in an area around it would be pretty neat, but probably not worth the dev time.

quietnoobz, Fengor and Sero like this.
  8. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

TBH it all boils to runebooks and every cunt having as you said people on standby to just port in, heck stebbi will port around naked and just let everyone know if theres people worth killing thwn bam you're getting your daily dose of zergfiance and of course most clans do this, runebooks of course wont go as they make them money on the cash store and well they just ruined the essence of runestones with the whole you cant use it in a city borders shit which is why super defensable cities became damn near imppossible to take, I wish they would just get rid of these runebooks and bring back runestones to what they once was, or heck just stop bringing more tedium to the game..

HaldirHardy and Sero like this.
  9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Yea. I miss the days where you had to actually own shit to get around the map. Added a sense of accountability and a way to fight back if nearby landowners disrupted farming sessions.

HaldirHardy and DeadlyHit like this.
  10. DeadlyHit

Legend

Thats just another side effect of monetizing something, devalues other things wtb holdings WORTH HAVING

11. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I don't really have an opinion on the spawns, but the combination of rune books and free to play accounts have made alot of the high profile areas much more dangerous. I know for a fact that some players have multiple accounts parked at guardian spawns/ center map for the sole purpose of scouting farmers so they can jump them. Not sure if there is anything that can even be done to address this, but its pretty lame IMO.

12. DeadlyHit

Legend

A side effect of f2p will always be this unfortunately

13. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Sunthrone is the only holding worth having in the game right now, just because of the precious memories we have all made there :3

PVE sucks nuff said, w/e Im still rich but I feel for the NPE that has been abandoned.

14. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

I thought about mentioning that in the OP, but didn't want to give others ideas. Not sure what can even be done to stop that really.

15. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Runebooks really need a cool down. Half hour maybe?

16. DeadlyHit

Legend

i agree

Fengor, RoD, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  17. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I thought it'd be a good spot, but farmed that 2 man for an hour and the only reason it was remotely worth it was because we had leenspar keys to turn in. We weren't cycling with shadow spirits though, which might make enough of a difference. Either way it wouldn't be worth the risk of porting in to 6 legion farming inside nor bringing the second person along, compared to solo farming one of many good enchanting mat spots.

Also, runebooks aren't even a factor in comparison to the other things that are being abused right now.

18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I wasn't talking about the dungeon lol

What else is being abused o_O Only thing that comes to mind, is alts.

19. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Does the named boss actually spawn enough to make the other spawn worthwhile? I tried farming it but not for very long.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

How is it all rune books? portal system for the clans that do raid spawns is massive and everyone has a holding or a village bind near mid map.
    You blame rune books but even if they did not exist the same results would be present. Mid map has always been a hot spot for pvp and avoided by people fearful of pvp. To suddenly assume rune books is the problem is just a lack of knowledge or Fake News.