Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Current gear farming is total trash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Euchre, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

The issue is that hot spots help create pvp, only having pvp at villages gets kinda boring, but getting jumped at spawns constantly can be annoying to, there needs to be good places for group pve and for different skill levels.

2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

hot spots are awesome but they do not have to all be in on place. I like that many places in center are worth doing but they really neglected other areas. Portal shards should be a bit easier to get

Snow likes this.
  3. Snow

Snow Goblin Shaman

I farm 3 mobs total in the game and I have millions of gold that I buy everything else that I need. However, I do understand where you are coming from. I do farm the oetheliges mid map and in center and that is where I make the bulk of my gold and pshards and I do it primarily solo (except at night, there is 1 other with me.) I do get jumped a lot, but that is why I don't wear my shiniest gear there except when I have my frand with me.lol

Leenspar Golem on Cairn, a totally different ball game.. there will always be pvp there, always. My advice, take a friend with you to the hot spots and farm the gold for the rest! :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  4. Durriii

Durriii Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Legend

Runebooks are different as you can port with no effort. All you have to do is click two buttons and bam you are now in Ubelenfau.
    With the portal chambers in holdings you need to port to the closest holding and then ride from there to Ubelenfau. If you want multiple people, you also need to wait for the cooldown which makes it more tedious and also takes a lot more time than 5 people just runing in.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

As a former df1 guy I can tell you that does not matter in the least. Portal travel is not complicated (also 2 clicks) and a short run, that is why some guilds have so many holdings. The result is the same regardless of how much easier you think rune books are.

6. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Well if there was no rune books at least it would create a good reason to fight over holdings.

Lincoln Hawk and Sero like this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Perhaps but other reasons for holdings need and can exist.

8. Durriii

Durriii Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Legend

Its not about how complicated it is. Its about how long it takes and it took a lot longer in DF1 to get somewhere and jump someone even if you knew they were there. Often times in resulting that the guys you wanted to jump already left.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

no it didnt cause most people that played had one of the abundant rune stones you got from the many mobs that dropped them frequently.
    Rune books actually have increased the cost of travel a bunch but by no means really made any massive difference.

Euchre likes this.
  10. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Dire Zombie
    Benefactor

There should be something to help getting jumped at a spawn with 100hp.

In RuneScape, there was this thing where if you farm mobs in an area for 15 minutes, they grow used to you and stop being agressive. They will still fight back if you attack them, though. Could work here? So if a spawn has more than 1 mob, and you get jumped, you can count on the other mobs focusing only on your attacker, easily bypassed by staying at a distance, and you can't stay in the spawn forever, lest a zerg comes, but could get the farmer a slight advantage and more chances to stat up and move out of the spawn for a real fight, or a bigger chance to escape.

Just spitballing some ideas. Organic pvp is good, 100hp vs 450hp 100k risk vs 5k risk fights are not, though.

Slayven and MikerotchBAGFACE like this.
  11. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Do you really think they could code that? And if they could, they wouldn't.

12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

that is the whole point of risk vs reward and one thing that makes the value of items go up. The heart of an open world pvp game. It is why most people play the game for the thrill of it. Sure it sucks to lose but if it didn't then there would be no point.
    Only time I get a rush from the game is getting jumped when farming now and I love it

Snow likes this.
  13. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

Yep that's why we have such a huge population in ROA because everyone loves the rush. So many people log into ROA everyday for that rush, more than any other game anywhere it's totally amazing.

DeadlyHit likes this.
  14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

There is plenty of places you can farm to get good items, if you are unable to handle the current hot spots just go elsewhere, there is 10 champs, nearly of them are easy to farm and if you farm them in an efficient group (aka not retards) you can make a good profit from them with 3-4 people. You can farm q5 taint, q5 cinder with other mobs added in for efficiency, q5 eye is easy to farm, there is plenty of stuff to farm.

If you are farming in relative safety because you are not at a hot spot, you will probably be making a similar amount to the people that constantly get jumped, just go where you can handle.

15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

With load-lag, i can never get jumped. I come back later to see who has taken over my spawn.

16. Hectic Stahli

Hectic Stahli Skeleton Archer

Yeah, it all stems down to the economy. DF's economy was always pretty flawed. In my opinion it should have been one of the first things fixed. The Economy is what drives every single thing in this game, from the harvesters, PVPers, crafters, farmers, and siege warfare. If gear is of no value then only the PvPers really benefit, like where we are right now. If resources are too abundant nothing is seen as worth playing for because everyone is exactly the same and has the same access to everything. Gold was always a joke and needed more ways to be spent or it just needed its breaks pumped from not being so easily gained.

Really we need to take a look at how many spawns are in the game, what drops what, how much it drops and everything in between. Crafting itself needs a fresh overhaul because really its god awful, and mass size/monster spawns included.. Let's take a look through it all. Pardon the wall of text lads.

Potions are currently just farmed, not crafted really. The main issue stems with the game not being creative with their potions and how often they drop. Outside of panacea/stat potions they suck.

Enchanting is really the perfect craft to learn from in this game. Its needed by PVPers, its farmed consistently by farmers, its on objectives to make those objectives worth doing/fighting for. Mob hotspots can start wars just for their skinning alone.

Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing ss missing a vital rare ore use but it is valued because its used in all daily bags.

Cooking was a good try and it worked well enough early on.

- Tailoring is a joke simply because robes have no real use other than being a cockroach for no risk. They themselves need to have a true viable PVP purpose, they need be more expensive to craft and have some value to everyday players. I've enjoyed the idea of robes offering players a utility way of combat. Make them a support playstyle if you use them.

- Jewel-crafting is such wasted potential, its just arcane jewelry and thats it, and its sad. It could have been so much more. Right now its just another component in a siege bag with no real options, or its to consume durability. Could have offered unique stuff to them, like "Reflect 3 damage back to monsters when struck". Decrease harvest speed. Its really just boring and could just be done away with if its not given a purpose.

- Ships and shipcrafting being bland are tied to there being no water content and too expensive for their use currently. Shrink the ocean, make krakens, sharks, sea serpents worth it in a crafting overhaul, revisit sea towers during a loot redistribution/overhaul and make them worth it too. Make sea villages more enticing than land villages rewards, have deep ocean fishing be worth it via cooking (crabs/fish) or alchemy (ink, oil) or jewelcrafting (pearls). Raise some sea levels out there and have some treasure chests on the seabed or something. Oceans can be a treasure trove if there is enough focus put into it. Encourage explorers, fishers, and all water activity. While I'm in this section fishing could use love too, like for starters maybe some lockboxes you fish up to spicen up the endless droves of fish. Could give maps, potions, gold anything you'd expect a thief to hoard.

- Scribing was pretty well done in my opinion and its how most if not all crafting should have been taken into account. It gave value to multiple hotspots early on. Harvesters, crafters and farmers all got their fix and were happy. It just needed a long term usage and sink. Maybe it could make books/scrolls give temp boosts to stats/spells for a duration.

- The harvesting in this game isn't good at all. There simply isn't enough variety in crafting and too many nodes. Iron is a great example of it done mostly right because the people to this day still want their rare ore, except harvesting it isn't that viable out in the world.

Trees, Herbs and Stone is a poor example of harvesting. There is nothing at all enjoyable to getting the same items from the same node every time. Gotta give more uses to stone other than city building, maybe it could be a way to harvest runestones rarely or if Jewelcrafting ever becomes a thing GEMS could be a hot commodity as long as its not dropping like candy from dragons. Herbs tried to be different but the lack of potioncrafting nulls it deeply, if potioncrafting is fixed maybe herbalism could be too, and finally the trees is about as boring as can be. You have a TON of stuff that uses wood. Ships, warhulks, BOWS/STAVES and its still just good old wood used.

There obviously needs to be different tiers of wood in the game, it would open up the monster loot table, and pvp objective rewards pretty big. I'd love to one day see different nodes in the open world similar to iron veins. This system IMO needs to be encouraged, everyone knows how harvesters (when they existed) always fought for their iron node spots. Well why not have rare trees, and rare ore veins in the world? Veilron veins, Selentine veins, "selentine trees". On average maybe they give 1-3 of a rare but that would need to be figured out in a revamp, but it would be a great way to make harvesting useful again and promote open world conflicts. Oh yeah forgot to mention that theyril is garbage. It needs more uses for more endgame stuff or at least not dropping as easily for such a top tier crafting material.

- The housing system is bad as well. It should be a way to encourage crafting/harvesting. The silverbirch is a good idea but without rare trees its useless. Would be cool if there was 5 different tiers of trees you could add to your house to get a few rare timber every so often, or AGAIN the gardens could be great if potions were crafted and not useless outside of panacea/stats. Just look at other sandbox games and get inspiration, they usually have housing be a great benefactor in their crafting system.

- And finally I think this game needs to adopt what modern gaming has been doing for years. I've been advocating the usage of schematics, patterns and recipes being in the game since as long as I could remember picking up darkfall. Its simple, you get everyone on an even low level playing field and have every single thing you think is halfway decent as of this moment be in the open world in the form of recipes. Crafters would then have a huge role to play in the game and they could finally make their mark in the big world. Seriously, just imagine if your clan finds a R60 Justice Bringer pattern in an age where R30/R40 is normalized. You would be in business. Your clan would be rich. People will want to befriend you, ally your clan maybe. You got a big dick now and can push agendas because you have a monopoly on a good item. This would add so much value to monsters via their loot tables, maps, chests, trade routes, sea towers, village rewards you name it, you could probably find a spot to put patterns in and make a creature/objective worth it, but it needs to be actually rare. These games? They always have the best items at lowdrop rates to actually make it that much more exciting when you loot. For example Champions could carry the heavy hitting stuff at a low 0.5% drop rate, boom people will do them and if you do loot the recipe you will be screaming like you got a keep deed.

The sad thing is unless there is a proper economy with proper sinks, stabilized faucets and value to the world the game will be back where it is now. In my eyes re-evaluating gold usage, crafting, output of resources, objectives, and monster loot tables all need to be looked at, changed, and redone before this game has any chance to take off again. It needs to be fixed, wiped, and then stay stabilized with the new economy. Then player created content could being and be fluid. Because everything revolves around the economy and the little people like harvesters, and crafters being given a role in this game.

#36 Hectic Stahli, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Battle Smurf and Rizzwind like this.
  17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

This would be fucking dope.

#37 Sero, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

good thing I said I get a rush, since you seem incapable of basic reading comprehension Ill say it again only slower this time
    I only get a RUSH when I get JUMPED (can you see that better)

I hope I simplified that enough for you, not sure I can bring my self to your speed but I can hold my head up knowing I tried.

19. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Knowledge

20. Rizzwind

Rizzwind Goblin Scout

I think you have said pretty much what I was thinking. If you ever watch the YouTuber that does death of a game bad economy is the killer of more then half. And DF always had an unstable one at best. As far as gems it would be nice maybe stats based on colors. Ruby could add fire damage or protection. You could also tier them based on the ore used.

Hectic Stahli and Battle Smurf like this.