Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Current gear farming is total trash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Euchre, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Now that i'm back home and took enough time to read the OP's post, i gotta say this again.

It's so easy to avoid any encounter in DF, even on prime-time that unless you want to pvp, you have absolutely no reason to fight or to get jumped. Just log-out or run-away. You don't even have to hear them first, you don't have to see them. The ''lag'' takes care of that

I do agree that sentry alts can pose a problem, but hey, the game is free atm so let's blame that. You can use an alt yourself to hear them coming or to make sure that your escaping track is completely clear. Ppl will often bring alts in dungeons to not get jumped.

Most of the items on demand on the market are overpriced so it's not very viable to farm just 1 thing these days. I mean, i completely disagree with theyril ore costing 3,5k-4k+. So i will not tell you to farm 1 thing while you can purchase everything else on the market.
    And i think that's the main problem right now.

I don't always farm on prime-time so i can't feel your pain, but when i do, i don't get jumped neither. I only farm on some of the best spawns in the game.

The OP has never been specific so...

/false.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Durriii

Durriii Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Legend

Yes Runestones were around but the majority didn't have a rune marked in every spawn or scattered all over the map for the simple reason that a runestone had a one time use. Now you mark a one rune somewhere and you can port there as many times as you want, which makes the decision of do I waste a rune to port there obsolete.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

could farm 30 rune stones or more per hour super easy without ever seeing someone. most of the time.
    Were also talking about the people that raid other people farming in mid map and trust me those people had plenty of runes marked.
    Stay on topic man
    Most of the people I knew and played with had literally hundreds of marked runes. It wasnt a waste at all and I would be doing the same in ROA if rune books didn't exist. 10 min or less farming was 100% chance to get a rune stone. Even in ROA before they changed it, it was that easy.

4. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I N F L A T I O N.

It would cost me ~250k per bag to actually buy the materials to make one, and that's only if the required mats are on the market, which half of them are not.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  5. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Honestly I think gear is to easy to get, not "trash". I was kinda trolling yesterday and geared up throughout the day starting with nothing other than my character. Took me ~4.5 hours to get 1 single q4/5 bag (mage bag) ready to go. Now that's also with me having 0 gold, no regs, no gear, and i had to harvest wood, stone, iron etc in order to even begin. I did all of this solo in a plate/scale bag with r40 weapons (mostly with only a starter staff/bow(accidentally sold this to the merchant LOL) cause i didn't have the enchanting mats to make a staff) so my risk was basically nothing. I also farmed very inefficiently by literally just getting enough of the mats for a single bag and then running off to the next mob spawn for the next mat etc as well as just killing the mobs other than the theyril golems with my shitty ass r40 daggers and not the proper bolt/arrows. If I was being serious and did a 1 week how far could I get my bank kind of thing I'd sit in each mob spawn for ~1hour and end up having 20+ q4/5 bags lol. Maybe more if I'm also not wearing garbage. Just don't go farming the "best spawns" like I did and you won't get jumped. Going to the hot spots? DUH you're gonna get jumped lol.

#45 Myater, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I'd like to see a cooldown on each runestones used in the runebook, but doing that will only buff the defenders during a siege. I mean, with global banks in houses, it's too easy to get back in a fight when you are defending your holding. With a cooldown on runestones, the offenders will never be able to keep the same pressure just to win.

7. WizardKing

WizardKing Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Tester

OP FAILS AT FARMING: GETS ON THE FORUMS TO CLAIM A LEGENDARY GAME AROUND FOR 10 YEARS IS GARBAGE.
    YOU CANNOT EVEN HOLD A FRIEND FOR 10 YEARS. THIS GAME IS AWESOME. PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICH SOLO FARMING. WINNING 1V2's AND 1V3's. YOU ARE TRASH AND YOU HAVE NO VECTOR FOR IMPROVEMENT. UGLY.
    --- Post updated ---
    OP IS COMPLETELY INVALIDATED AND SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION. BPG SHOULD JUST BAN THIS SHIT.

8. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Streamer Legend

I solo farm and am well off. But I get attacked constantly - luckily I hold my own. I understand his plight solely for the npe.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

NPE should not be in center map... Jus saying hah

Volfen and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  10. Yomi Scythetalon

Also everyone still playing needs to realize how great a tool the Global Market is. Q3 mats are SO profitable atm. You can literally just farm that, sell and make gold and buy what else you need for your q4/5 bags. I'm a destro main and I manage to have 15 q5 bags 15 q4 bags and UNLIMITED q3 fp bags. If i'm bored i go to hotspots and farm and hoped to get jump. If i need to replenish my stock I can easily do it at mobs NO ONE visits. Such as Sandstone golems..........holy shit how easy are those and the amount of q 3 4 5 mats plus limestone keys and runestones......I mean just ask your clannies if you wanna know how to be rich in this game.

11. Bonii

Bonii Stormgraive
    Tester

or you can just skip yomi's bullshit and look what he really does!!!!
    https://gyazo.com/75b91dcf968dd46783a8c7a2eb596bdf
    [​IMG]

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  12. Yomi Scythetalon

lol don't be jelly that i have tons of nithron coins to spend
    --- Post updated ---
    Also could buy the rest of those for me ;) I need event money.

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

Holy shit are you literally me from march 2016?

Well said, but BPG isn't going to listen to you

Hectic Stahli likes this.
  14. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

First off, find the caps lock key and press it cupcake.

Second, while i admit the OP was a bit of a nerd rage, it isn't all about me dying at spawns. It is more about risk vs reward not being where it should be, and how terrible it is for people that don't have mega banks already.

Im doing fine at this point. I know how to farm other things, and make money. However, the whole center map is basically closed to solo farmers right now if you want to fight some more challenging mobs, or different mobs, or task mobs, etc.. While you may be able to sneak in some solo farming off peak hours if you get lucky, these spawns are checked way to often to be profitable overall. There needs to be a reward structure in place to allow it to be worth group farming, but not make somebody who gets lucky off peak hours to get stupid rich overnight,

15. Yomi Scythetalon

I agree mostly with you. But I never believed center dungeon should EVER be a place for solo farmers. I mean its center fucking dungeon.

Slayven likes this.
  16. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Getting jumped can suck. Especially when you're losing your gear bag on top of what you already farmed and you don't even get a real fight.

However, make friends or learn to run. Knowing how to escape is just as skilful as knowing how to fight. If one guy jumps you then you can reset until you have a favourable engagement. If it's more than one then use every tool to escape and call it a win.

17. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

I agree with this, never mentioned the dungeon, although most of center dungeon with a few exceptions doesn't give enough reward for a groups time invested, a couple do. Mainly speaking of mobs that are now center map only, that used to be spread out, or in dungeons. Most dungeons now aren't hardly worth farming even if you are a noob. Again with a few exceptions. Not going to list the good ones for obvious reasons.

18. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Do you think 4.5 hours is a fair amount of time investment for a high end bag?

19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

From scratch? Yea.

No one farms like that, nor should anyone farm like that. People shouldn't login to the game and immediately get the best things, otherwise why even have a gear discrepancy at all.

Myater likes this.
  20. Hectic Stahli

Hectic Stahli Skeleton Archer

Wish the economy was their main focus because everything in game starts from peoples shinies. No shinies = no purpose. My dream is them just pushing out a massive patch with crafting re-done, monster loot re-done, and tweaking to how valuable some of the items in game are and maybe how crafting functions. Then if it looks good and is stable, wipe it up - at least economical speaking, and send out the word Darkfall had some big changes.

Battle Smurf likes this.