Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Current gear farming is total trash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Euchre, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

What could help would be if they added high tier mage Armour that requires different rares, it would help balance the rare ore cost and give more farming spots, could have 3 tiers of mage Armour, sele, vel, neithal.

Battle Smurf, Fengor and Sero like this.
  2. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

1. OP is wrong. But he is wrong because BPG is failing to help new players learn the game. As a new player, how are you supposed to look at the map and figure out what is a good spawn for you to go to? There are no drop rates, amount at each spawn, or even any idea what is in a dungeon anymore. BPG's love of making changes and not documenting them is hurting the game. Spending 30 minutes to run to a dungeon or spawn, and then getting there and finding out the spawn has been changed and is now worthless is horrible game design.

2. Sero made a good point about buying out the evil eye bile market when he saw the changes to evil eyes. Old players were able to stack their banks when farming was easier. Now a lot of good spawns have been removed, yet the gains people got from them are still in their banks. As a new player, how can you not be pissed off that along with being at a lower skill level than everyone else, you have a way harder experience farming.

3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I got a feeling this is coming.

At first I was against armour better than bone, since it did the job of putting mage at a good spot; but, with the current destro buffs, and no revert in sight, mages might need some better equipment.

Aside from that, current bone armour is way too fucking cheap.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #63 Sero, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Korag likes this.
  4. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I started off with 0 gold, 0 regs, 0 gear, farmed like an idiot and used shit gear? Considering the first hour was me setting up my plate/r40 weps. And another hour or 2 of running around and doing loading screens because I was farming simply for 1 bag, not bulk farm, yes it was extremely simple lol. If I farmed properly and in the correct equipment and not r40s/starter weps I could easily fill my bank will all q4/5 bags in a week. What game allows you to have an endless amount of gear in a week? It's why I laugh when people say they don't have gear or it's too hard because it's actually SO SIMPLE. People just don't actually wanna do it but then complain the economy sucks... This was also me farming in bad spawns so I wouldn't get jumped. If I was in proper gear I'd farm the hot spots and get a ton more.

Bonii likes this.
  5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

do you believe that high end bags should not be semi rare? that they should take minutes rather than hours? I mean it loses value by being super common

Billy Lee likes this.
  6. Chantree

Chantree Skeleton Archer
    Wealthy Legend

I would love to see an unedited vid of farming a q5 bag in 4.5 hours. I think it would take much longer, I will have to try this and see.
    This game needed content, not combat changes and loot changes. imo ofc.

how long do you think it should take to farm a full q5 mage bag ? Destro bag ?

@Andrew how long do you think it should take to farm a full q5 mage bag ? Destro bag ?

7. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Streamer Legend

Did you just @ one of our Gods that rarely speak to us peasants here on Agon?

Nat likes this.
  8. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Lol ur rp is to funny

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

I have been asking for higher tier bone armor and mage armor actually affecting spell casting/mana regen/ spell magnitude for ages. More than just your staff should affect your magic output.

Magic needs to scale better by being weaker on the cheap gear end and stronger on the expensive gear end.

I seriously hate that roaching as a mage can be as effective as it is. And I also hate that there is a lower gear power ceiling for mages than there is destroyer.

You shouldn't be as powerful offensively as a mage if you are not also risking good armor/jewelry

And low durability gear giving as much power/protection as high durability is another serious issue that fucks up risk vs reward. It's a complicated issue, but something needs to be done (maybe look at EvE for ideas?)

Anyway just change the color and stats for higher end bone armor (Black bone armor, blue bone armor ect), no need for new models

I'd also rather it be rare enchant mat bone based than just rare ingot based because then people would actually have to keep going out and farming mobs that drop giant/ dino/ dragon/ ect bones... which means more organic PvP
    --- Post updated ---

Farming a Q5 bag should take a long ass time and be quite a bit more powerful compared to Q4 bags

I actually hate the enchant mat combine upgrade change and think the ONLY way to get Q5 mats should be to farm a specific low quantity spawn

Q5 and top rank shouldn't be fucking standard use even for sieges. And when someone DOES risk a top/top bag it should actually be WORTH the risk in that you become powerful enough to take on more than 1 person wearing dogshit gear that are essentially risking nothing

The average person shouldn't even be thinking about making a top/top bag unless its for a rare situation of serious importance. 5 hours ain't shit for the best bag in the game when you compare it to EvE or Albion

Make it more powerful and slightly more rare

Hectic Stahli likes this.
  10. Hectic Stahli

Hectic Stahli Skeleton Archer

Yessir, robes can be so much more interesting. I've always wanted robes to offer a way for a support play-style, like it could increase healing magnitude while reducing damage output, similar to a high encumbrance system. Maybe buff duration could last longer, or different robes as you suggested could affect cast speed or spell magnitude in ways that being a light 0 encumbrance mage currently doesn't have the option.

Obviously would need to be checked and balanced but that is one way you could up the cost of robes and make them PVP viable while giving other play-styles a shoe to fill. Would be a great opportunity to ADD items to the game and make some monsters or objectives a bit more valuable if it drops the new robe items as well.