Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Current population and sieges

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by foggen, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Bluehorn Battletail

Bluehorn Battletail Goblin Shaman

Its been less than 3 months since launch with a tiny team.

Fengor likes this.
  2. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

Yeah well they rushed release so it is their own fault.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Bluehorn Battletail

Bluehorn Battletail Goblin Shaman

If you can't find your toy dinosaur in the sandbox you shouldn't whine to your mother, either go find it or start building a castle with the other kids.

Ledwulf and TryHard like this.
  4. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

I am having a fine time pvping. People are quiting because there is no content. All people that have all the spells they want are bored because leveling your character is all there is to do.

Scrapnotcrap and WreckBeard like this.
  5. digoxin

digoxin New Member

Part of the problem with this is people expect to buy things for significantly cheaper than what it costs to make. Due to the extreme crafting costs, I see a lot of crafters succumb to that, but as most crafters I talk to rather just sit on their items and materials than take a 50+% loss. More and more people sit on their stuff. It's to the point where I log onto discord and find 10+ orders daily for gear, but because the majority of people rather undercut crafters, the supply is down and the demand is high.

Some guy wouldn't budge above 6k for a full plate set and said I was crazy to expect to turn a profit. Ok, I'll sit on this armor.

People want to buy boats for 70% of cost. Ok, I'll sit on the boats. People want black bolts for 800 when the cost on venom sacs went up. Ok, I have over a hundred in my bank that will sit there until someone is willing to pay enough to cover the cost of the change. People want bulk orders and still expect to go under cost.

You want trade back? Let's stop ripping our crafters off.

6. Oddjob

Oddjob Goblin Shaman
    Tester

This is off topic but it's a chance to point out an observation of mine. There are far more buyers than sellers in trade chat and the supply of rare ores for sale is abysmal. With the house grind finished for all the try-hards, they have little left to spend gold on other than high end gear bags which all depend on a supply of rare ores.

Add to that there are power-grinders out there capable of farming 10x what the average player can farm per hour, and you have a quantity of vets with nearly unlimited gold supplies to throw at nothing but good gear bags. We buy up bulk ore the moment it goes for sale on the market. We buy up GTT's because we know the conversion rate GTT-Gold-USD is insanely favorable towards of just spending 20 minutes earning the gold to pay for a month of game time.

I'm expecting hyper inflation on desirable non-housing gear bag items any moment now. Every indicator I know to look for seems to suggest this.

strangereligion, Korag and Grimtide like this.
  7. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

I hope having vendors will allow the devs to asses situation better. Currently they can only see the amounts of stuff in someone's bank, but there is no indication which part of the bank player is willing to part with (i.e. sell or trade). Once there are vendors (considering they have options to buy via them and not only sell), the devs should be able to monitor more data and hopefully will be able to make more informed decisions.

Although, one thing is clear without needing to look anywhere - you have more buyers than sellers, yet people still sell stuff not to make money, but for skillups. I don't think situation can improve in any way here, until they limit the amount of crafting specializations one can use at a given time. There is no reason to sell any mats once you get all crafting professions at decent enough level as you just rather craft stuff yourself.

Crafting is really not a profession on its-own in Darkfall, only trading is to some extent.

#27 mrW, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  8. naturethepleb

naturethepleb Deadeye

Reminds me of you and your 'elite' cronies losing to the new player clan that I inherited the leadership of in DFUW. Loads of morning sieges, allying up with randoms (even gans lol), and you still couldn't make a dent. It doesn't surprise me that you sound powerless in this version of the game too.

...and then crushing you in scrims when I reunited with raap to co-lead mischievous intentions.

TLDR hypocrite.

This is the reason that I am not subscribed to the game atm (customer's pov).
    If they bring content, a lot of leaders will come back and bring others with them.
    The game needs an influx of content..."and then they will come"....
    It's one of those things where you have to sit back and see what happens.
    If this game was on steam I'd add it to my category 'still needs major updates.'

All he ever did was type people to death and post cherry picked videos.
    ...and he only made this thread for attention online.

9. Galactus Xx

Galactus Xx Goblin Scout

Declining players is killing the clans. Expect to see alot more mergers. The issue with sieges are while there are "alliances" when it comes to a siege the so called "alliance" will balloon to triple size. My solution to fix nutcupping to 25k to ally.

10. Ylahoto

Ylahoto Skeleton Archer
    Hero

That won't do shit to fix it, there's already plenty of nutcupping without allying as is.

Slayven and Bladra like this.
  11. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

Didn't expect a duped bank comment on first page , but Nat proved me wrong , gj.

MisterTea and Rorschach like this.
  12. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

Yeah, I also remember you being in control of Agon.. a force to be reckoned with. You were a god to us all. I remember it well.
    Wait.. no.. That's the acid kicking in.

Weren't you the Welsh version of Gans? Placing siege stones under the ocean and stuff?
    Yeah now I remember.

:tearsofjoy:

Forgotten, Vrain, Finnad and 2 others like this.
  13. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

Steady decline from what i can tell, Main reason going by forum complaints, Grind still to high, No diversity, Nothing new been added, Seiges are an ally Fest (Could be addressed somewhat by adding an ally fee) Nothing added to help casuals and beginners so very limited new blood coming in and anything suggested to help seems to get shut down by vet players.

14. naturethepleb

naturethepleb Deadeye

You're getting me confused with Raap. We're two different people. I was never supportive of Raap's exploiting and stopped playing when he continued to do it. Everything that I've said in my previous post is spot on.

The only detail you have correct is that I am Welsh.
    I never claimed to rule over everyone, so I don't know why you brought that up...

Strange as ever.

15. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

You're terrible you could never beat a Liandri member in DFO Perhaps in UW as that was the easy mode version of darkfall with Lacerate evade and dash + other shit easymode skills ,why bother posting.

16. Scrappy_Doo

Scrappy_Doo Goblin Shaman

I haven't played DFO since it closed down, but my guess is that the grind to most of the vets are grueling because we all were use to our maxxed out characters with our full banks etc etc. I know in almost every re-vamp of older games that I have played its very exciting at the server launch(which every server launch is exciting) but then the appeal of the game dies off fast because we all remember the good old days of maxxed out everything, gear bags for days, no need for farming and therefore the "grind" because 3 times as grueling as it use to be.

Synik likes this.
  17. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

Reason sieges are a server fest is because bored.

Slayven and Bladra like this.
  18. Caer

Caer Goblin Warrior

I know you're playing under a fake name. Reveal yourself, the game needs you! D:

19. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

I have never seen a more toxic and shit trade chat in my entire life lmao. People expecting to pay literal dirt for high end items, and then expecting to sell for 1.5x market value. When you pm anyone and ask to haggle they immediately shit on you, then you see them spamming the same macro 4 days later. It's actually pathetic. I actually saw someone buying gtt for 7k and selling for 13k in the same macro lmao, made me want to throw up.

Good Friday likes this.
  20. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

Stop worrying about what other people are doing will help your health.